Any plans for SD Pride this weekend?

UberHedgehog

I've been looking all over the Pride's website and I see nothing stating Rideshare services other then for Car2Go, which was on their Facebook. Has any one heard of any "plan" on picking up / dropping PAX?

I'm contemplating driving the area due to how huge a turn out it "should be", but I have my concerns with road closures.

This is from NBC's website.
With huge crowds anticipated at each Pride event throughout the weekend, there will be some road closures in effect in Hillcrest, as well a “no parking” zones.

This includes Normal and Harvey Milk streets, which will be closed starting at 6 a.m. Friday for the Pride of Hillcrest Block Party.

These streets will be closed at 6 a.m. and open by 4 p.m. on Saturday:

• Centre Street (from University Avenue to Park Boulevard)
• Lincoln Ave (from Cleveland Avenue to Park Boulevard)
• Normal Street (from University Avenue to Washington Street)
• Harvey Milk Street (from Cleveland Avenue to Centre Street)

Also, these streets will be closed at 9 a.m. and open by 4 p.m. on Saturday

• University Avenue (from 6th Avenue to Park Boulevard)
• Evans Place (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• 6th Avenue (from Upas Street to University Avenue)
• Pennsylvania Avenue (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• Balboa Drive in Balboa Park
• Brookes Avenue (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• Robinson Avenue (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• Ivy Lane (from 5th to 6th avenues)

“No Parking” zones for Pride Weekend include:

• Centre Street (from University Avenue to Park Boulevard)
• Normal Street (from University Avenue to Washington Street)
• Robinson Avenue (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• Lincoln Avenue (from Cleveland Avenue to Park Boulevard)
• Evans Place (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• Harvey Milk Street (from Cleveland Avenue to Centre Street)
• Pennsylvania Avenue (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• University Avenue (from 6th Avenue to Park Boulevard)
• Brookes Avenue (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• 6th Avenue (from Upas Street to University Avenue)
• Ivy Lane (from 5th to 6th avenues)
• Balboa Drive in Balboa Park
• Polk Avenue (from Normal Street to Park Boulevard)

Pride organizers say Pride attendees can park in free lots both Saturday and Sunday at the Old Naval Hospital at Park Boulevard and President’s Way. A Pride shuttle will transport attendees from the free parking lots to the starting point of the Pride Parade starting at 8 a.m. Saturday, and will also take revelers from the lots to the Music Festival Saturday from 8 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...stival-Hillcrest-386514701.html#ixzz4ER1dL6yv
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

frndthDuvel

I've been looking all over the Pride's website and I see nothing stating Rideshare services other then for Car2Go, which was on their Facebook. Has any one heard of any "plan" on picking up / dropping PAX?

I'm contemplating driving the area due to how huge a turn out it "should be", but I have my concerns with road closures.

Passengers will tell you where they want to go. Many am pickups will be from homes, drop offs wherever they can get close to where they know where they want to start. IT could be all over, not one spot. At least you will not have the rain to deal with like last year.

SteveSD

If you can afford stay away from pride
All short trips ...
Last year surge was good but rating drop 0.03 for 1 day
4.88 in 1 day
Traffic is nightmare

DSLRreel

If you can afford stay away from pride
All short trips ...
Last year surge was good but rating drop 0.03 for 1 day
4.88 in 1 day
Traffic is nightmare
You're saying to stay away from pride because it will be congested yet it will be surging? I didn't drive last year on pride because I went backpacking. Was surge only going on in Hillcreast?

I Air B&Bed my room and I'm crashing at a friends. I'm driving.

SteveSD

You're saying to stay away from pride because it will be congested yet it will be surging? I didn't drive last year on pride because I went backpacking. Was surge only going on in Hillcreast?

I Air B&Bed my room and I'm crashing at a friends. I'm driving.
Last year was rain both days :smiles: people were soaking wet and they were mad because of long wait

I drove last year during the rain. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood. The traffic wasn't that bad except getting into parts of Balboa park. Between Lyft and Uber I made over $300. Lyft is already popular in Hillcrest, it goes 100-200 prime time there almost every weekend. I would highly recommend staying home if you are: not LBGT friendly, against PDA, or you drive during the day to avoid drunk PAX.

SD Momo

Last year was NOT good for me. Too much traffic and a lot of short rides. I had several short rides with stops to pick up friends and liquor stores. NOW, I can imagine this year with UberPOOL, and LyftLINE and explaining no stops are permitted.

Not for me, good luck! :cool:

Last year was NOT good for me. Too much traffic and a lot of short rides. I had several short rides with stops to pick up friends and liquor stores. NOW, I can imagine this year with UberPOOL, and LyftLINE and explaining no stops are permitted.

Not for me, good luck! :cool:
Very true! It might be completely different this year with UberPoop and LyftLine