Any other Honolulu drivers here?

Bspringz

Heyyy the name’s Benson. I’m originally from the SF Bay Area. I moved to Hawaii over 6 years ago with a job offer. I’m a chef and I helped open up a restaurant on Kauai. A couple years later I started working at a big luxury resort on Kauai and stayed there almost 4 years. About 8 months ago I moved to Oahu mainly because I was losing my mind on Kauai (very country, not a lot going on, needed some city life). At first I was all gung-ho about getting a fancy hotel job but then I realized the longer I wasn’t slaving away in a corporate hotel kitchen the happier I got.

That’s when I started rideshare. I started with lyft only and then signed up for Uber. I’ve been full time ever since. A few months later I got banned from driving lyft. They reran my background check and I had a non-violent petty misdemeanor for camping in a state park without a permit almost 3 years ago. Nowhere in their driver requirements does it say that’s grounds for disqualification! I was pissed. It popped up on my Uber background check too but they didn’t disqualify me for it. Either way I was already mad at lyft because they cut their rates in Honolulu (I was making about 20% less than my First 1,000 lyft rides) Anyways, I prefer Uber anyways and since then I’ve got over 2,000 Uber rides. Uber is fun, I can make my own hours, I don’t have 12 bosses anymore, and Honolulu is a great market for it. Between the tourism, nightlife and the almost 1 million people on this rock in the pacific I stay busy and make great money. You never know who you’re going to pick up 😂

Any other Honolulu drivers here?

Sophiajoyce

Well your lucky sounds like a good life to me, Living in Honolulu and making good money from driving,
I'm from Melbourne Australia I'm an uber driver its over populated with uber drivers I'm having to drive full time at the moment,
I work as a Traffic Controller over the Xmas break construction & utilities are on there 3 weeks break so there's no traffic work untill they all return to work, And then it will be another week before I get paid so uber it is
Very hard to pay the bills as Its very quite I worked 10 hrs on Saturday night and made $67 .00 pitiful
I wish I lives in Honolulu right now
Cheers from Sophia, Melbourne Australia.

Amos69

Which restaurant on Kauai'i? I once took a Gryft XL fare from Lihue AP to the Poipu Sheraton right after dinner one night. Now Both Gryft and Goober do not let me log in there. The Hawaii section on this forum is very slow.

Negg

Aloha. Driving on Oahu since nov 17. Greatest market anywhere. So easy to make $30/hr. Safe travels my friend
Post automatically merged:

Which restaurant on Kauai'i? I once took a Gryft XL fare from Lihue AP to the Poipu Sheraton right after dinner one night. Now Both Gryft and Goober do not let me log in there. The Hawaii section on this forum is very slow.
Cause 50% of the drivers here are ex Korean taxi drivers.
As for lyft cutting there pay, yep they did. 90% of my rides are lyft and still making $26 min per hr

Last edited: