Any other ants in Miami enjoying these Art Basel surges?

WindyCityAnt

Lol, just heard a report of people paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a live banana fixed to a wall.

The rich consider that art apparently? Wtf! Must be for there tax write offs then. They might play with it in the office after the damn thing rots away. Tossing it around like a football in”meetings”

WAHN

Lol, just heard a report of people paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a live banana fixed to a wall.

The rich consider that art apparently? Wtf! Must be for there tax write offs then. They might play with it in the office after the damn thing rots away. Tossing it around like a football in”meetings”

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WindyCityAnt

177414F2-3414-40C1-83F2-F0B816EAE3B9.jpeg

7665B419-B3DD-4718-9790-9C13CC667E44.jpeg

B4C7B4AC-CA91-4489-9587-D331A8F70A86.jpeg

Sometimes its the whole city. Pax get pissed that we don’t turn on our apps. I show them the screenshots. Then tell them there is nothing we can do about it, traffic here is stupid, we can’t turn on our apps because we can’t move we are stuck. So what’s the point of turning it on. Your pick up time woulda been like 10 mins for a 1/2 mile pick up. Nobody can walk or run away from it. Either. In fact it can get worse!

Ian Richard Markham

Yea I know riders in Dallas are constantly complaining about the experience they just had in Chicago at the airport or in town or wherever. I tell them "yea well when you fly back make sure you order your Uber the moment your plane touches down and I mean like before the flight attendant makes the announcement that you may now use electronic devices". In Dalheart I must say though that Uber works like a dream and your driver is always just around the corner up ahead when they accept the ping. Barely a one minute wait time usually.

WindyCityAnt

Our lots from out 2 airports are a mess with the Uber and city have it set up. You can’t get out to get your pax tales like 30 mins sometimes. I won’t even pick anyone up anymore. Never surges good anymore. No point in it.

The lots are all far away from the terminals, if your in rush? Well good luck with that. Instant 1* if you picked them up. Hands down!
Post automatically merged:

With an hour and a half ride in.

Ian Richard Markham

No it was when Uber switched over to AWS cloud and they had to boot everyone off the platform and make everyone sign back in IMHO. It was a clear day in the middle of the afternoon.

WindyCityAnt

LOL!

Wouldn’t you think a “Technology” company of its size would prepare themselves for that?

They lost a lot of money from it for sure. Dumbass’s.

While there tops sit in a break room all day to wait for everyone to get a chance to login after most drivers forgetting the passwords.

Oh, don’t worry they don’t hear anyone’s complaints either. The hub handles that for them. At 10$ hour paid employees who are miserable.

Ian Richard Markham

I think no matter how much time you spend planning and no matter how much money you have to silo certain server side operations while other functions are migrated there is the turn key moment when the master switch must be flipped and everyone must re-sign in. I hope all the IT people like @REOdeathwagon and @SFOspeedracer laugh at my IT word usage throughout this post because I really don't know what I'm talking about.

WindyCityAnt

I think no matter how much time you spend planning and no matter how much money you have to silo certain server side operations while other functions are migrated there is the turn key moment when the master switch must be flipped and everyone must re-sign in. I hope all the IT people like @REOdeathwagon and @SFOspeedracer laugh at my IT word usage throughout this post because I really don't know what I'm talking about.
How many stupid messages have you received from Uber in your inbox?

Do you think they coulda sent a useful one to the drivers “Hey Dallas Be Prepared you gonna have to log back in on “this date and time, we are preparing to enhance your experience” LOL

No. Cuz the exects are lazy, worthless, and don’t care.

Diamondraider

Money laundering

PingMe305

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man you should hear the convos in the car. I get so lost when they talk about art. It’s literally a different language