1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Any one know a good age discrimination lawyer??

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by EzTripp, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Any one know a good age discrimination lawyer??

I have a 780 credit rating, haven't had a ticket of any kind in 15 years at least, don't drink or do drugs, don't even smoke.

I drive a Mercedes and yet I don't qualify to drive for LYFT. All I can think of as a reason is my age. (Almost 68)

I really think a lawyer could make a little noise over this.

2. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
  3. The ACLU wouldn't be interested.

Contact your state bar (or in some jurisdictions the county or local bar) and ask about their attorney referral service. Most bar associations have a program where participating lawyers will agree to a deep-discount initial consultation -- something like $20 for 30 minutes -- to review whether you have anything resembling a valid cause of action.

http://shop.americanbar.org/ebus/AB...ionDirectories/StateLocalBarAssociations.aspx

4. Paimei

Paimei

Driving:
    Taxi
    It is probably an insurance issue, although in the taxi world, a simple physical exam by your doctor would allow you to drive after 65 for most company's.

5. Ryle2013

Ryle2013

There probably doing you a favor. I honestly don't think you could get much profit doing Lyft with a Mercedes. Also it might not meet the vehicle age requirements which varies from city to city.

6. Aztek98

Aztek98

What would you sue them for you aren't going to make a profit.

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  7. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You don't have a case.
    You didn't apply for a job - you applied for an "investment opportunity".
    As PaimeiPaimei mentioned, LYFT's insurance carrier may not (make that PROBABLY will not) cover a driver of your, um, 'experience'. ;)

Try Uber - with your credit rating, they'll want to lease you a car for $300/wk (and then immediately deactivate you for your age).