Any old driver got deactivated for renewing the background check?

EllyUberNJ

I was deactivated twice. I got reactivated the first time by sending an email straight to Travis. Second time they wouldn't re-activate me so I just signed up again with a new email address. I'm serious, I used all the same info; name, ssn, license, registration etc. only thing different was my email

PorkRollUberAndCheese

I was deactivated twice. I got reactivated the first time by sending an email straight to Travis. Second time they wouldn't re-activate me so I just signed up again with a new email address. I'm serious, I used all the same info; name, ssn, license, registration etc. only thing different was my email
You got deactivated for surge manipulation and then acceptance rates, didn't you?

EllyUberNJ

Yes and no.

I was deactivated because I was the first to figure out surge manipulation, then I sent a sob story email to Travis and he took me back, with the warning not to **** up again. Second time was because I asked pax to cancel and reorder as XL (which he did). CSR told me that's not allowed and I gave to send a message to CSR when that happens, not through the customer. I said ok and that was it.

2 weeks later josh mohrer emails me about this issue, it was even attached to the string of emails between me and CSR. He told me that I ****ed up again and now I'm done for good.

The whole thing made no sense until a week later when I found out the real reason I was deactivated. They were using the X vs XL issue as an excuse. The real reason was that all the drivers were now manipulating surge because I showed them how to do it. Most of February 2015 Hoboken was either driverless or at crazy surges

It was UBERs payback

Tony from New Jersey

L
Yes and no.

I was deactivated because I was the first to figure out surge manipulation, then I sent a sob story email to Travis and he took me back, with the warning not to **** up again. Second time was because I asked pax to cancel and reorder as XL (which he did). CSR told me that's not allowed and I gave to send a message to CSR when that happens, not through the customer. I said ok and that was it.

2 weeks later josh mohrer emails me about this issue, it was even attached to the string of emails between me and CSR. He told me that I ****ed up again and now I'm done for good.

The whole thing made no sense until a week later when I found out the real reason I was deactivated. They were using the X vs XL issue as an excuse. The real reason was that all the drivers were now manipulating surge because I showed them how to do it. Most of February 2015 Hoboken was either driverless or at crazy surges

It was UBERs payback
Good job alley. Any other hint that can be used now?

Looks like I have been deactivated upon consumer report review could you possibly give me the email directly to Travis so I can plead my case I have five incidents on my report and the last three years three of them are due to Uber one of them is a no-fault accident and the other was while I was waiting for a passenger to come out of a bar and Asbury again can I get Travis email thanks

Well I did and I emailed him let's see if he can help I hate to miss this weekend at the shore especially since I live here it's interesting how they sent the guarantee to a partner who is not activated at the moment

No reply from Travis it's about a week getting a little nervous with five minor violations including one no-fault accident they say they can non-renew for anything over 3 we'll see what they do

They never described exactly what a minor violation is however I would assume anything that's not a major violation would be a minor violation. Makes you wonder what they'll do for those who have been ticketed at Newark Airport more than once. Some drivers have received 3 tickets all at once I guess that makes it pretty easy to have more than 3. Wonder if they'll deactivate drivers for minor violations picking up Riders where they encourage them to go. but again In fairness my fate has not yet been decided. I'm hoping they take a rating of 4.75 and over 1,100 rides into consideration

NoCommission

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They never described exactly what a minor violation is however I would assume anything that's not a major violation would be a minor violation. Makes you wonder what they'll do for those who have been ticketed at Newark Airport more than once. Some drivers have received 3 tickets all at once I guess that makes it pretty easy to have more than 3. Wonder if they'll deactivate drivers for minor violations picking up Riders where they encourage them to go. but again In fairness my fate has not yet been decided. I'm hoping they take a rating of 4.75 and over 1,100 rides into consideration
I have 4 Minor violation and one no fault accident. This is normal for anyone who working as a driver. I bet each one from Uber employee has at least one violation while they don't work as a driver. Uber acts like @@@@@ most of the time and you can Not trust them in building any future plan.

jmillj

I had a flagged "Major" violation, which was driving with no registration card. Granted, this is what the Uber lawyer had me plea "down" to so that a "operating with improper tags" wouldn't appear on my abstract. I was deactivated but went down to the office and it took 4 days to get active again (since I could prove the violation was due to an Uber ticket at the Shore).

Last edited:
I do not why you sharing this top secret action come on
let me tell you that i have 5 accounts and 2 of them desactivated but still sending me e-mail to stop in hobken office to be reactive

What do you/they consider minor violations?
Well it's official more than three minor violations and you're automatically out I tried to appeal it to no avail don't know if I can get anything that's already been on my record reduced to something that's not a minor violation but we'll see what we can do looks like my Uber driving days are over

JoeJoseph

Well it's official more than three minor violations and you're automatically out I tried to appeal it to no avail don't know if I can get anything that's already been on my record reduced to something that's not a minor violation but we'll see what we can do looks like my Uber driving days are over
Wow, I see why they are hard up for drivers, they have incentives for the next couple of days. I have been deactivated due to a background check but got it reactivated the same night. I have also been asked to verify my face two time through the application. I am getting tired of Uber but they have surges and guarantees this weekend . Last week I only made 3.71 because I limited my work to lyft.