any new info to discuss

Lordrlm

I'm in the York area and there's not a lot going on. I'm trying to figure out this new surge thing but I really don't chase surges so I think I'm making out much better.

steve1904

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm in the Harrisburg area. I agree with you, about the surges. When I first started I was watching them and tracking them. But never got into one. So now I don't worry and just try to find rides.

Lordrlm

After a couple of weeks I think i'm doing better with the new surge system. I tend to get them alot more and I don't have to chase them. If I happen to be in an area surging it just pops up. One thing I'm not fond of is the surge rides aren't marked in your "see all trips" page in the app. You really have to search through each trip to see how many surge rides your getting.

PG1

anyone have information they would like to discuss or just shoot the breeze?
This is my first post after joining UberPeople today. I realize that this comes long after your initial post. Sorry. I am considering buying a "second home" in Central PA. As a resident of New Jersey, is there a way that I could drive for Uber in PA during those times that I am staying in the PA home?

PG1

I'm in the York area and there's not a lot going on. I'm trying to figure out this new surge thing but I really don't chase surges so I think I'm making out much better.
I realize this is an old thread but ... we are thinking of getting a 2nd home in the York area. Since I drive in/for NJ, would I be allowed to drive in Central PA when visiting?

Wex

I realize this is an old thread but ... we are thinking of getting a 2nd home in the York area. Since I drive in/for NJ, would I be allowed to drive in Central PA when visiting?
Yes you should be fine

Wex

Thank you. I put this question "out there" as a new thread and got some mixed responses.
Central PA is a small slow market. Mainly people with DUI's. York does surge in the mornings. You may have to get a PA inspection done.

PG1

Central PA is a small slow market. Mainly people with DUI's. York does surge in the mornings. You may have to get a PA inspection done.
I appreciate your advice. While I do not expect to head out there for a while, it's great to have the information so handy. Thanks again!

Wex

I appreciate your advice. While I do not expect to head out there for a while, it's great to have the information so handy. Thanks again!
Yeah when I visit my parents house and decide to drive I'll just leave the app on while I'm inside and runout if i get a ping. If you have UBER pro and see the trip duration that should be really helpful. Worst thing about that area is getting pings that are 20 mins away for a trip thats 5 mins. They do have long pick up fees now too

Jlynn

Not unless you switch markets or get a new account with a different car. You can't drive for NJ and PA at the same time.

Reactions: PG1

Jlynn

Not anymore. I used to be able to drive for all of PA, but with the new rules, Uber recently changed it. This and my region was super slow so I switched to the Baltimore market since I am right over the line and have straight access to Baltimore.