Any hope for $600 benefit extension?

scamp

The is no way the Republicans will agree to a bill to extend the PUA $600 beyond the end of July, as continuing the PUA would basically guarantee a recession through the end of the year, as workers choose not to work.

An extension will not happen, and it happens to be a horrible idea anyway.
Outside of the Larry Kudlows (wrong on every economic downtown for 25 years) and Stephen Moore types (who cheerled the derivatives disaster), most respected economists are not predicting a quick economic V shaped rebound.

Most economists predict a significant share of the 34 million jobs lost will be permanent losses. For one example, Hertz just joined a long list of big name companies filing for bankruptcy. Corporations have shifted away from business travel, opting for video conferencing instead.

The USA is a consumer-led economy where the law of supply and demand prevails. An argument has been made the added UE is helping the demand from crashing further.

Personally, I think Congress should have stuck with the original idea of sending $1,500 checks per month thru the IRS for 3-6 months. It's a better system to get $$$ back into the economy.

bethswannns

biggest winners are part time workers or low income earners on unemployment and some corporate. The biggest losers are small businesses. 15-20% of former owners will have to go out to find a job.

Some small takeout/delivery restaurant are still striving well, maybe lose only 10-20% business. Depending on the location, I know some fast food restaurants are still maintaining the same level of business as before.

We need a 50/50% balance between manufacturing and consuming. If we manufacture the same amount we consume, then we are good. we don't need globalization.. Self-reliance is the key to survival in the harshest economic conditions. Too bad people are thinking too much about money (capitalism). A person don't need more than 5 million imo.

jayberg777

McConnell singled out not extending the $600 unfortunately. Considering all the other garbage Nancy Pelosi put into that $3 trillion plan I’m surprised he singled that out.

All it takes is one selfish person positive with COVID to still decide and go take an Uber. I heard someone tested positive in Michigan and got followed . Then they tried to board an American Airlines flight and got turned away. Who would do that ?

RidingDirty

Hey Deadbeat, where’s my steaks?
I'll take $40 in nice steaks from a decent grocery store as a substitute for the Capital Grille dinner you owe me, and grill them myself. PM me your address and I'll come by and pick them up.
and here goes this fraud again... Last year when I offered lunch, you were insulting by calling me a troll and supposedly blocked me. A week later you found out that I wasn't the typical Uber guy who lived in his car then all of a sudden you wanted Capital Grill, (somewhere you'd never go on your own I might add) Isn't the stimulus check enough for you? I'm sure right now with the extra $600 plus UE you're making more than you were driving. But it isn't enough to try and scam a free meal too. This is the clear kid yelling the loudest and most often hoping it becomes true. I'll pray for you
Post automatically merged:

Yes, but driving groceries and food.

I have no doubt I would make the same driving Uber if they turned on the surge and gave some kind of promotion like they used to.
I declare shenanigans on this

bethswannns

The GOP wants the next bill to be less than 1 trillion package total and it will be far different from Demo's Heroes Act.

GOP dont want unemployment extension but they are fine with the idea of a second stimulus check.

If the upcoming bill passed is really 1 trillion in total, then the stimulus check the average joes getting will be 500-600. This is my estimation.

Veal66

and here goes this fraud again... Last year when I offered lunch, you were insulting by calling me a troll and supposedly blocked me. A week later you found out that I wasn't the typical Uber guy who lived in his car then all of a sudden you wanted Capital Grill, (somewhere you'd never go on your own I might add) Isn't the stimulus check enough for you? I'm sure right now with the extra $600 plus UE you're making more than you were driving. But it isn't enough to try and scam a free meal too. This is the clear kid yelling the loudest and most often hoping it becomes true. I'll pray for you

I declare shenanigans on this
Now now, don’t gaslight. Have a great day.

Yes, but driving groceries and food.

I have no doubt I would make the same driving Uber if they turned on the surge and gave some kind of promotion like they used to.
IF my aunt was a man she would be my uncle. If you think there will be surges and promotions when PAX demand is reduced by 80% then good luck to you.

scamp

IF my aunt was a man she would be my uncle. If you think there will be surges and promotions when PAX demand is reduced by 80% then good luck to you.
I tend to agree with you but the truth is we're in unchattered waters here. Demand likely will be way down but many workers won't want to risk the MBTA.

Diamondraider

biggest winners are part time workers or low income earners on unemployment and some corporate. The biggest losers are small businesses. 15-20% of former owners will have to go out to find a job.

Some small takeout/delivery restaurant are still striving well, maybe lose only 10-20% business. Depending on the location, I know some fast food restaurants are still maintaining the same level of business as before.

We need a 50/50% balance between manufacturing and consuming. If we manufacture the same amount we consume, then we are good. we don't need globalization.. Self-reliance is the key to survival in the harshest economic conditions. Too bad people are thinking too much about money (capitalism). A person don't need more than 5 million imo.
??? A 10% drop for most restaurants is the between OPEN and CLOSED

McConnell singled out not extending the $600 unfortunately. Considering all the other garbage Nancy Pelosi put into that $3 trillion plan I’m surprised he singled that out.

All it takes is one selfish person positive with COVID to still decide and go take an Uber. I heard someone tested positive in Michigan and got followed . Then they tried to board an American Airlines flight and got turned away. Who would do that ?
Who would think it’s ok to secretly follow citizens?
DB20958D-FDE8-4533-B628-374BE6729078.png

bethswannns

In history there are many adolf hilter style empires, some flourished to became a superpower and others crumbled before they can even reach superpower status. :thumbup: