Any hope for $600 benefit extension?

RhodyBob

I'm taking the benefit, and I will continue to do so until I decide that it's safe enough to go back to driving or until they wise up.

Wise up?

You can stay home and make $600 a week doing nothing. That's a gross income of $31,200 a year, or $15.60 per hour if you were working full-time, 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year with two weeks paid vacation.

Were you a server in a restaurant? Bagging fries at Burger King? Mowing lawns? Driving rideshare? Were you grossing $15.60 per hour at those jobs?

Whatever you made the last full week you worked before this all started... was it less than $600? Well then, congratulations. You actually got a raise, and you will take a PAY CUT when you leave your current "job" (doing nothing) and go back to what you were doing in February.

Did you make, let's say, $800 a week back then (that's almost $20.80 per hour or $41,600 per year). If you go back to your old job, your $800 a week job is now paying you just ...$200... because the feds will pay you $600 to stay home (doing nothing).

I get it that this pandemic has destroyed a lot of jobs, and for some it will be a long time before the opportunity to work and earn will be anything like it was. A lot of people need the money, and for THEM, this is a program that makes sense. With some minimum, reasonable oversight other than "yeah... here's $600, see you next week." the program should continue.

But "I don’t want to drive and pickup people anymore. I am fine doing UE 3-4 hours a week."

No, There is not any hope. For all of us.

bethswannns

The government has many options to end the pandemic but they didn't. Instead of just asking people to wash hands + social distance + wear mask (just last month), they should equip 700,000 troops with body temperature scanning device scattering all over the country and also have staffs at all building entrances doing body temperature checkpoints/hand and body sanitizing.

Also, all businesses and houses should have an automatic disinfectant fogger machine that spits out disinfectant fog/mist at 24/7.

Use UV light or disinfectant fogger machine to disinfect buses

They should have done all of that above include to wash hands + social distance + wear mask + partial home-at-home

If I were to play this in a simulated game (maybe Sim City Virus), the number of infected will not surpass 40-50K in my population/country. :coolio:

people would be back at work in 1-1.5 month after the pandemic started and no one would be getting stimulus..

The government has many options to end the pandemic but they didn't. Instead of just asking people to wash hands + social distance + wear mask (just last month), they should equip 700,000 troops with body temperature scanning device scattering all over the country and also have staffs at all building entrances doing body temperature checkpoints/hand and body sanitizing.

Also, all businesses and houses should have an automatic disinfectant fogger machine that spits out disinfectant fog/mist at 24/7.

They should have done all of that above include to wash hands + social distance + wear mask + partial home-at-home

If I were to play this in a simulated game (maybe Sim City Virus), the number of infected will not surpass 40-50K in my population/country. :coolio:

people would be back at work in 1-1.5 month after the pandemic started and no one would be getting stimulus..
1. Only around 30% patients had fever, body temp scanner won’t be effective

2. Disinfectants is poisonous and increase PM2.5 air pollution

3. UV lights is harmful to human skins, directly exposure can result in skin cancers

Bonmot

Unfortunately, the most effective strategies used in other countries that have done a better job protecting their people, include an effective contact tracing system. Due to the screeching of false patriots in this country, that strategy isn't likely to be very effective here which means future flare-ups will be far more consequential.

bethswannns

All Asian countries implement these list of actions to the fullest. The data is here to compare. No one got sick and died. Asian mentality is "do first, talk later."

You gotta watch the youtube videos to know what I am talking about. They are literally turning the entire cities into a disinfectant fog.

1. Only around 30% patients had fever, body temp scanner won’t be effective

2. Disinfectants is poisonous and increase PM2.5 air pollution

3. UV lights is harmful to human skins, directly exposure can result in skin cancers
Post automatically merged:

Trump and other folks opposed extension

Last edited:

scamp

Unfortunately, the most effective strategies used in other countries that have done a better job protecting their people, include an effective contact tracing system. Due to the screeching of false patriots in this country, that strategy isn't likely to be very effective here which means future flare-ups will be far more consequential.
I call them entitled babies myself.

One guy posted video all proud he yelled at a Cosco employee who refused him service without a mask.

This entitled babies have spent decades reading no mask, no service signs without raising this bellyaching. Now, suddenly wearing a mask infringes their freedom? Pure manufactured BS.

CaptainToo

The is no way the Republicans will agree to a bill to extend the PUA $600 beyond the end of July, as continuing the PUA would basically guarantee a recession through the end of the year, as workers choose not to work.

An extension will not happen, and it happens to be a horrible idea anyway.

scamp

The is no way the Republicans will agree to a bill to extend the PUA $600 beyond the end of July, as continuing the PUA would basically guarantee a recession through the end of the year, as workers choose not to work.

An extension will not happen, and it happens to be a horrible idea anyway.
I agree the GOP Senate won't extend PUA nor approve a 2nd stimulus check despite the FED Chairman warning them of severe, lasting recession unless they take immediate big action.

BillyTheKidd

I call them entitled babies myself.

One guy posted video all proud he yelled at a Cosco employee who refused him service without a mask.

This entitled babies have spent decades reading no mask, no service signs without raising this bellyaching. Now, suddenly wearing a mask infringes their freedom? Pure manufactured BS.
He didn't yell at all. Why are you making stuff up?

Decades wearing a mask? What are you talking about?

Your hero, Dr. Fauci told us a couple of months ago NOT to wear a mask.

bethswannns

GOP is 100% don't want unemployment extension.

Joe Biden lacks charisma, talking skills with a foggy mind, but I think he will win this election. People are voting for free stuff. GOP might lose the senate majority because they refused to give out more free stuff.

The great depression of 1930, the sitting president lost badly. This pandemic is not Trump's fault, but his actions suck. I have a plan to combat this pandemic better than the government. I can guarantee my plan works 1000%

Last edited:

ubermaster5000

How about if China was more transparent about the outbreak, the spread would have never grew into a pandemic to begin with. China needs to stop being so hush hush about everything. Who can trust someone that doesn't reveal anything?

ubermaster5000

I have been making a minimum of double what people on unemployment are making, usually more. Uber is very busy but pings are coming in from 10-15 min away, so best to stick to other apps for the time being. But to answer your question, yes, there is demand.
It will be interesting to see how the rideshare industry comes back to life. I miss driving a lot tbh

RidingDirty

I have been making a minimum of double what people on unemployment are making, usually more. Uber is very busy but pings are coming in from 10-15 min away, so best to stick to other apps for the time being. But to answer your question, yes, there is demand.
wait a min... double. you're telling me you make 2400 driving