Any good doing only 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday?

deardollar

Hi,

I am not a uber driver yet. My car does not meet the requirement. So I will either need to replace my car or get a rental car to do so. I can only drive uber 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday because I have family duties other time. I live in Auburn area. Will start at about 9:10am in Auburn and have to be back at 2:50pm.

I heard that the profitable time are night time and weekends. So maybe driving Uber is not a good choice for me?

fields

You start in Auburn which is not a very busy area for Uber and you work the quietest hours of the day. I most certainly would not be getting a rental or updating my car if I were you.

You might be better off doing Uber eats instead in Parramatta.

lespaul

forget it. find a job that costs less to make money. if you know your hours and they're fixed, find businesses that operate in these hours.

Dhaw

Sadly they are right. By 9.15 most people have gotten to where they need to be. Then you are fighting for the leftovers with all the other drivers. And thats even if you could use your own car.

MyRedUber

You start in Auburn which is not a very busy area for Uber
In recent months I've had a lot of work in the area south of Parramatta, either side of Woodville Rd, during weekdays. Mostly short trips, but reasonably busy most of the day, until someone takes me out of the area.

Howard Cammeray

You would have good days and bad days working 9 to 3 M to F, but dont expect to gross more than $25 per hour on average. Which after expenses may be no more than $17 per hour, or it could be a lot less if you get a new car.

fields

In recent months I've had a lot of work in the area south of Parramatta, either side of Woodville Rd, during weekdays. Mostly short trips, but reasonably busy most of the day, until someone takes me out of the area.

Yes, its not like you do not get any work but its not enough to warrant renting or buying a new car.

Avenig

Don't do it, that is basically the Uber graveyard shift.

Only thing I would do is Uber Eats lunchtimes at Parramatta. Car requirements aren't as strict.

DannyM

Hi,

I am not a uber driver yet. My car does not meet the requirement. So I will either need to replace my car or get a rental car to do so. I can only drive uber 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday because I have family duties other time. I live in Auburn area. Will start at about 9:10am in Auburn and have to be back at 2:50pm.

I heard that the profitable time are night time and weekends. So maybe driving Uber is not a good choice for me?

Easy $200.00 if you drive those hours you mentioned. Go towards Sydney Homebush stadium or Rhodes shopping Centre.

Dr. Pax

Easy $200.00 if you drive those hours you mentioned. Go towards Sydney Homebush stadium or Rhodes shopping Centre.
What do we get if we are the first to spot a troll? :rolleyes:
Please Danny, show us a few screenshot of your earnings during that period of the day... I've always wanted to meet Santa Claus. :smiles:

MyRedUber

Yes, its not like you do not get any work but its not enough to warrant renting or buying a new car.
I would never buy or long-term lease a car for UberXing. Working with Uber is such a precarious investment. You can be deactivated because of one false complaint by a passenger, and you have no right of reply. And consider the hours, as well as the time of day, that you have to work to cover that investment.

Chatswood to Hornsby can be quite good during the weekdays as well.

Dhaw

What do we get if we are the first to spot a troll? :rolleyes:
Please Danny, show us a few screenshot of your earnings during that period of the day... I've always wanted to meet Santa Claus. :smiles:
I drove thru Hombush area just to see on the way back from Castle hill at 11am today.... nadah..zilch.... pings on Parramatta Rd city bound tho

UberRA

Just do sherpa. Busy during the hours you mention, no vehicle requirement. Hard to make good money but you can't beat the flexibility.

Akong

North of Woodville Rd is very busy and South-East of Woodville Rd can also get busy. It's important to have a compass and navigate