Any difference on demand or surges?

J_Toronto

After July 15 I see no difference in surge or demand in GTA area.
Thought it would go up but steady $15-30 bucks avg hourly

What happened to drivers with pre 2009 cars? Did they just quit?
or they drive outside Toronto? :biggrin:

Karem

This week been very busy for me. I made good money any time of the day. Not much surges tho but I never care about surges.

UberxGTA

This week been very busy for me. I made good money any time of the day. Not much surges tho but I never care about surges.
You never care about surges???You must be satisfied with 15-20$/hr and killing your car on Toronto's less than smooth roads.

Campark

I find long surges downtown all weekend the way to make that extra dollars. Not chasing them. Too many quick surges here and there that never pan out...

Karem

You never care about surges???You must be satisfied with 15-20$/hr and killing your car on Toronto's less than smooth roads.
If surge comes along nice. I got very few surges and I make around 22$ an hour. I'm happy with that.

Hannibalb

A
After factoring in depreciation and all other expenses Karem is probably making more like $5 an hour when 'busy'.

Karem

Ok, but you are missing out on about an additional $10/hr with the surges.
Yea for sure, I'm not saying I don't do surge. If it comes it's a bounce. Sometimes I have some if I work DT in morning. I'm saying without surge I'm still doing fine.

Karem

What I don't do is running for the surge area because usually by the time I get there the surge is gone. So I take my time.