Any chance that the "Medal" incentives program will be coming to PHX?

UBERisaLOSER

Curently one of the worst markets in the country for drivers.

$.72/.072...(get it?) (remember when it was $1.18/.20?)
saturated...
NO surge at Sky Harbor
too hot too sit in 95-100 degree heat at night--have to drive or idle, destroying your car

and SF, LA/OC, SD and DC drivers are complaining?

That's rich!

Can Phoenix drivers look forward to a 2-2.5x pay increase come Halloween?
Silver, Gold, Platinum program/guarantees $25 NET+?

Last edited:

UBERisaLOSER

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember when the only Uber in Phoenix was $5.00, I also remember Uber X at $2.25.
And we already have the "Metal" incentive here in Phoenix. Just look at all the dimes, nickles and pennies that Uber is paying their Phoenix drivers.
:biggrin:

San Diego X

and SF, LA/OC, SD and DC drivers are complaining?
Phoenix rates are rough and I hope you guys get good incentives with a fare increase especially when the peak season arrives after summer but yeah we're complaining in SD. SD took one of the hardest hits to rates which makes zero sense considering the high cost of living.

Considering that Minimum Wage in SD is currently $10.50/hour and going up to $11.50 on January 1st, 2017, and CA min wage increasing to $15 (SD min wage will be higher than CA) over the next few years, Uber/Lyft rates need to be bumped to reflect the local market conditions.

Other factors to consider:
-Surge has been eliminated 95% of the time.
-Zero base fare.
-Gas is $2.85-$3.00/gallon (imagine if it returns to $4-5/gallon)
-Median rent approx $1650/month (studios are nearly $1300) and forecasted to increase dramatically due to high housing costs.
-Median home price 540k (this will get you a fixer upper).

UBERisaLOSER

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Phoenix rates are rough and I hope you guys get good incentives with a fare increase especially when the peak season arrives after summer but yeah we're complaining in SD. SD took one of the hardest hits to rates which makes zero sense considering the high cost of living.

Considering that Minimum Wage in SD is currently $10.50/hour and going up to $11.50 on January 1st, 2017, and CA min wage increasing to $15 (SD min wage will be higher than CA) over the next few years, Uber/Lyft rates need to be bumped to reflect the local market conditions.

Other factors to consider:
-Surge has been eliminated 95% of the time.
-Zero base fare.
-Gas is $2.85-$3.00/gallon (imagine if it returns to $4-5/gallon)
-Median rent approx $1650/month (studios are nearly $1300) and forecasted to increase dramatically due to high housing costs.
-Median home price 540k (this will get you a fixer upper).
I agree on all points, and why this SD native is currently living somewhere in PHX. When you consider the cost of living, SD drivers ain't making shit. Have you considered becoming a waiter? $11.50/hr+tips doesn't sound too bad.