Any car for sale ?

Tags
buy car
1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  UberLuxbod 
#1 ·
just need to buy car . Toyota Prius ..
Any one have an idea ?

#2 ·
Best to buy your Prius is from Toyota dealer if you up for new one go through brokers and you can easy save few bucks. Gumtree, eBay, or auto trader from private is very risky if you buying a car worth more then 3 grand.
If you buying special for uber and you are just about to start ph driving better rent one for a month and if entirely happy then invest and buy one.
Good luck

#10 ·
Do not spend more then 7-8k on car and go for diesel.
My pick would be Superb.
Back in a days I started with Cavalier 1.6 petrol so Insignia diesel would be good start up car.
But cheap. If working 4 u then upgrade if u like. If not, sell amd no loss.

Seen some boys with brand new C class...25k for £5 jobs....insane.
Too right Cabbie2B,
On Uber work a 5k to 8k car can be an asset, but a 25k car is a damn liability

#16 ·
Introduction of SatNav made an impact on earnings.

But when Licencing was introduced many Operators saw that as an excuse to take on anybody with a PH Lic

If a client complains sack them.

Rinse and repeat as much as you want

At some Companies the Motorbike rates are catching up with the PH rates.

Immigration has also had an effect.

Significant increase in people with few relevant skills but happy to work long hours to earn the money.

When I started in PH at the London Car Company (part of Southbank Couriers) all the drivers were British and most Londoners born and bred. Two blokes were second generation immigrants.

That is not the case now

It is quite simply exploitation.

As the earnings started to drop a lot of the PH drivers from the 80's and 90's either went into a different industry or did the KoL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.