Uber Drivers Forum banner

Any benefit of taking Uberpool?

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Djhuber63 
#1 ·
I accepted one by mistake and if I am not wrong I earned the same amount as uberx. If this is true why would a driver take it given it doubles the risk for price of one. Both pickups in pool were from no stopping zone with no stopping place in sight and one drop was also at no stopping zone. I also wondered if i made a mistake then 2 low ratings for price of one.

Then yesterday while scrolling google map to check destination of current trip an uber pool ping suddenly popped up over google map and accepted the request. I had to cancel all 3 in pool individually i.e 3x cancellations in one go!

So basically pool multiplies everything except the driver earning.

If you accept them why do you do it?

#7 · (Edited)
The only benefit I am aware of is when trying to complete a Quest promo. Apparently, if you take 3 pax during a Pool ride, then all 3 will contribute to the number of rides you have been requested to complete to get the bonus $$.

The very first pool ride I ever did, Uber requested that I pick up my second rider from a No Stopping zone near Manly Wharf in peak hour. 100 meters up the road, I pulled over and cancelled that rider. Interestingly, I got paid a cancellation fee of $5. Shortly after this, a third rider also cancelled - giving me another $4 in cancellation fees.

Pool rides are rife with problems. My last pool rider for another trip couldn't understand why Uber had set the drop off pin a considerable distance from her destination address. She expected me to drive her a lengthy distance through the front gates and all the way to the door.

#9 ·
No.
If you accept a pool and have 2 Pax who don't get on or do not like the order they were dropped off in you will end up with 2 x 1 star ratings.
Remember you just need 49 x 1 star ratings to get deactivated.
Yes that is 451 x 5 star rides and 49 x 1 star drunk scumbags with attitude and you are gone.
The 451 who gave you 5 stars and the 2,200 who did not rate you because there was no issues do not count.
Just the 49 drop_shit riders count with FUber

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.