Any ants delivering for Amazon now concerned that Amazon has been approved for drone delivery?

ng4ever

I prefer both. For small orders that are not heavy drone.

For heavy items or large amount of items delivery person.

The biggest advance of drone delivery is tipping but if they asked on the website after to tip I would.

Of course with a delivery person I always tip except of course UPS, USPS and Fedex.

Wildgoose

Drone delivery will be fast but it will cost more. I guess drone couldn't be able to perform stack delivery tasks yet.
Question is will it need a human to operate drone for each delivery drop off? Where it will drop the package? (on driveway or on street? ). I guess they will need more time.

jaxbeachrides

They can only deliver one package and only 15 miles then the battery is done.

Not nearly as efficient or effective as dsp or flex.

TRugen

They can only deliver one package and only 15 miles then the battery is done.

Not nearly as efficient or effective as dsp or flex.
Or they set up locations in addition to their huge fulfillment centers? Small satellite offices where the drones can deliver within 15 mile radius. Basing locations off of heavy Amazon Prime traffic.

Satellite offices can also be EVs.

observer

Or they set up locations in addition to their huge fulfillment centers? Small satellite offices where the drones can deliver within 15 mile radius. Basing locations off of heavy Amazon Prime traffic.

Satellite offices can also be EVs.
I read somewhere that Amazon made a deal with mall owners to take over closed department stores. These stores are strategically located in urban areas and are perfect for customer pick ups and drone deliveries.

TRugen

I read somewhere that Amazon made a deal with mall owners to take over closed department stores. These stores are strategically located in urban areas and are perfect for customer pick ups and drone deliveries.
That also makes sense. The mall anchors/department stores like Dillard’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom’s and Kohl’s are dinosaurs if you ask me. I wonder if at some point someone will step in and break up Amazon.

SleelWheels

That also makes sense. The mall anchors/department stores like Dillard’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom’s and Kohl’s are dinosaurs if you ask me. I wonder if at some point someone will step in and break up Amazon.
I pick up and drop off pax who work at the Amazon warehouses in my area.

One warehouse is so huge and menacing looking every time I approach it I feel like the millennium falcon caught in the death star’s tractor beam.

Woohaa

Good. That means fewer packages (hopefully) available per block. Now maybe drivers can complete blocks w/o having to go over time. No payment for time overages.

Areyousure

Once the robots do all the work we can lay around eating grapes and cheese and talking of the old days when we had to slave in our cars.

Daisey77

Amazon just announced they're hiring 300,000 people. I don't think anyone should be too worried LOL

Fuzzyelvis

Good. That means fewer packages (hopefully) available per block. Now maybe drivers can complete blocks w/o having to go over time. No payment for time overages.
But all the packages will be the heavy or bulky ones. And Amazon will adjust so that you still don't have time.