1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anxiety While Ubering

Discussion in 'Advice' started by PowersAssocitates, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PowersAssocitates

PowersAssocitates Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Hey, does anyone else get anxiety while driving for Uber? I have a slight anxiety issue and it usually doesn't give me any issues but sometimes while Ubering i get those familiar feelings. Anyone else get this sometimes? Any advice?

2. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Active Member

Yes I do all the time, especially during traffic and when I have a rude customer. Double when it's both at the same. That's why I usually quit at 1pm before traffic and only go back out at 6pm if I need to.

Just drive the low traffic times.

I definitely get it every time in high traffic areas like hollywood or downtown LA. Sometimes I just leave those areas. I prefer the suburbs.

3. cakoo10

cakoo10 Member

I'm slightly the same. I think it's the reason I've never done the morning rush, I'd feel slightly stressed because of the pressure to get them somewhere on time. I always do late evenings when the roads are more relaxed.

iUBERdc, Elephant and tohunt4me like this.
  4. ZREXMike

ZREXMike Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Get a more intense job, like working offshore, with, say 30 tons swinging on a crane hook back & forth over yr head...or go to truck driving school & get yr CDL, go to work for one of the cos that will send you out west in the mountains. Now get going 100+mph down a long slope with a fully loaded (80 tons all total, truck & trailer) trailer.

I guarantee you'll never be anxious when Ubering again. :D

Jason boyer, Woodbury77, DSB and 10 others like this.
  5. Xlady

Xlady Active Member

Yes .Always.

iUBERdc and tohunt4me like this.

6. PowersAssocitates

PowersAssocitates Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Thanks jerk. Some people don't need a high stress job to have anxiety. But i guess you're the guy that tells crying people to suck it up and be a man. Great sensitivity for the human race

7. twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR Well-Known Member

Smoke a joint 30 minutes before shift. Works every time for me.

8. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

Nope. Never. And.....

You can wallow in anxiety. If that works for you. Or....

You can suck it up. Believe it or not, learning to control those things can make quite a difference in your life. Sometimes the only way to over come some issues is, as Chopper Reid says.....harden the **** up.

Sometimes, it's the best way. Why you might ask? Because you have actually faced and solved an issue on your own. That's how you build experienc and confidence.

9. ZREXMike

ZREXMike Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey, I know I grinned at the end, but I was serious, you could break thru yr anxiety by getting out into the world & experiencing some things, I did not mean to come off as insensitive. Man, you read too much into things. Quit overthinking everything, you'll be less anxious.

"I know, I know
    you'll probably scream n' cry
    That your little world won't let you go
    But who in your measly little world are you trying to prove that
    You're made out of gold and can't be sold?" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. MikesUber

MikesUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hello All - Probably the biggest guy I follow for self development and motivation (along with sales training) is Grant Cardone. Listened to all of his audiobooks and he'll rocket your motivation and confidence. Nothing is 'one size fits all' but I recommend listening to this and digging deeper if this is something you're interested in.

tohunt4me likes this.
  11. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

You don't stab them in the neck like that driver did last week do you ?
    Most drivers find that drugs and a few drinks help with anxiety.
    No need for violence !
    Just carry a large bottle of whiskey in the center console.

Attached Files:

12. tohunt4me

But did HE have an ungrateful " partner" who lowered rates ?
    Did he have a ridiculous rating system based on false promises of candy and water ?

13. Xlady

Xlady Active Member

I do better under more pressure and the harder it is to work the better I feel after work .I think a good work out before your shift or long sex session will help .

ziliano, Gubber Singh and tohunt4me like this.
  14. tohunt4me

Attached Files:

15. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

Eh...cutaway and deploy your spare chute. Done all the time.

tohunt4me likes this.
  16. MikesUber

MikesUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    OP didn't mention anything like that in causing anxiety, I read their post as social anxiety in driving or driving situations. The lowered rates don't help yes, the rating system is completely fine, drive safe and don't be a jerk and drivers should never have a 4.6 or lower. If they do they're doing something wrong.

Purplestardust and tohunt4me like this.
  17. tohunt4me

I like the fact that any one of my riders could shoot me in the back at any time and steal my car !
    It turns 90ยข a mile before 25% Uber cut into an ADVENTURE ! Not just a crappy job.
    ( besides,so many STAB me in the back with ratings,Uber should hand out free guns! Should your Driver live ? If no,head wound.)

18. ZREXMike

ZREXMike Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That last, um, there's not much, at least in ordinary situations, that wouldn't help make better. :)

tohunt4me likes this.
  19. Xlady

Xlady Active Member

I get anxiety from knowing I may make 34 bucks but will likely make 9 or 10 ph and have a jerk get out of my ride and give me a 1* for what ever bs reason .If you are a new driver ,this job dont pay enough to care about what the pax rate you .So think of it as an experience and have fun its not a career ,and be planning your exit plan .

ziliano and tohunt4me like this.
  20. Xlady

Xlady Active Member

The more you do it the longer youll last. Driving and driving haha

ZREXMike and tohunt4me like this.