Ants are out in force

Undermensch

Wow. Just checked the map. It's ridiculous. Gonna have to be crafty to get business tonight. No dumb luck in the usual busy spots.

t.r. warrior

What's A usual busy spot?Definately no surges.I can tell ya where to sit though........Where you at undermensch?I made my moneey today soo I don't care.I am chillin at home with an ice cold one.

Undermensch

What's A usual busy spot?Definately no surges.I can tell ya where to sit though........Where you at undermensch?I made my moneey today soo I don't care.I am chillin at home with an ice cold one.
Doesn't usually surge on the shore during the day. Did a little in Rumson and Red Bank today but didn't last. It mostly only surges (and lasts long enough with enough demand to actually get a ride) after 1:40 AM.

At the moment I'm sitting in Rumson.

Undermensch

Well let's see who makes money with this many drivers out. Without working the puke hours. Unbelievable amount of drivers down the shore
I don't know why you called it the puke hours. I mean, I do know why, but I've done 1,500+ rides and had people barf 3-4 times with all of those being in the little bags I got from Amazon. No smell no mesh due to the absorbant pad. Keep all the splatter in the bag and you get 5 stars. No problems so far :smiles:

Last edited:

MaximusMurkimus

I had a guy who exited my car just blocks from his house with no warning to hurl. Some of it splashed on the exterior but otherwise he was clear. He apologized and gave me a few bucks and I just rinsed it off so no harm done.

Aside from that, 700 trips and no puking issues.

chevelle454

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bar closing hours have always been called the puke hours. Just one of those sayings that's all. Only had one so far in a year so no problems for me . Weather tek mats and leather seats so not to bad with the clean up at least easy 100 bucks end of nite so I lucked out

MaximusMurkimus

I use seat covers. Toss them in the washing machine and they come out good as new. I don't understand why I haven't rode in an Uber that does the same.

chevelle454

Hell theu even have black cars and SUVs out tonight in Asbury.Has to be some hungry drivers out there

t.r. warrior

The ants are out again.Idoubt anyone is making money at the shore today.Especially sitting in front of the bars at 9 a.m. unless they get lucky and get one good ride.

Jersy Joe

Trying to get around Asbury last night was a real challenge. Not that the streets were crowded. The lines were short and there was no concert at Stone Pony summmer stage.

My issue was the number of idiots stopping in the middle of Ocean, Kingsman and Cookman for no visible reason.

But to the trained eye of an experienced rideshare driver, and apparently the Asbury Park Police Department, these were rideshare drivers stopping in front of bars and clubs waiting for a ping!

So to those that were out there with me last night....

Be professional, or go find something else to do. You screw it up for all of us. Go find a sidestreet and pull over. Drive at normal speeds. Don't stop in the middle of the road while diddling your phone.

Stop driving stupid. Because at some point Im going to pull one of you through your window, stand on your chest and piss on you for being stupid.

chevelle454

Well unfortunately we can't fix stupid and Uber is advertising again on TV .So more desperate drivers coming to a neighborhood near you. I'd like to know the turnover rate on drivers.It has to be astronomical. I'm cutting down and I'm a part timer because I don't chase rides and I can be bored sitting home with the wife rather than reading my kindle. Full timers Feel sorry for them tho. You have the haters and the cheer leaders out there . But the times they are a changing and seems like more drivers are satisfied with less and that's great for the TNC'S .Drivers ? Depends on your needs I guess.

Undermensch

Bar closing hours have always been called the puke hours. Just one of those sayings that's all. Only had one so far in a year so no problems for me . Weather tek mats and leather seats so not to bad with the clean up at least easy 100 bucks end of nite so I lucked out
I've got the same mats and seats and was thinking I'd be better off for the same reasons.

Just had a guy last night feeling ill. Gave him a bag. He had his head in it for a while but didn't end up getting sick. He was feeling terrible the whole way. I figured I was getting a mess maker for posting my positive comments earlier :smiles:

ericc

I've got the same mats and seats and was thinking I'd be better off for the same reasons.

Just had a guy last night feeling ill. Gave him a bag. He had his head in it for a while but didn't end up getting sick. He was feeling terrible the whole way. I figured I was getting a mess maker for posting my positive comments earlier :smiles:
Mind to tell us made good fares last night, how late worked till?

Undermensch

Mind to tell us made good fares last night, how late worked till?
My last drop off was at 3 AM last night. Left me quite a ways from home. Dead headed back and arrived at 3:45 AM.

Yesterday was though to track the hours cleanly. I did a couple short rides (5-10 mins) earlier in the day but didn't start driving in earnest until 4 PM then took a break for dinner for at least an hour. So I'm thinking it was probably 12 hours.

Did $330 in net revenue. That's $27.5/hour before expenses. Wasn't a great night.