Anti Sexual Violence Training Requirement

RH Driver

Received email today notifying me that as a driver Uber is requiring that I take 6 on line training videos within next 6 months on this topic. If I complete in next 15 days Uber will pay me $5.

This smacks as an employer requiring an employee to perform required training in order for the employee to keep their job.

Anybody else out there feel that Uber should be fully compensating us for the time invested to complete their training requirement? If so, what course of action do we have?

MCR2020

they're paying you 5 dollars to "watch" half an hour of sexual harassment videos. my total time commitment was about 20 seconds to click "next" between each video while i watched the bears game. that equals $900 an hour. i feel i was fairly compensated.

34-Methoxyzacko

...If I complete in next 15 days Uber will pay me $5.

This smacks as an employer requiring an employee to perform required training in order for the employee to keep their job.

Anybody else out there feel that Uber should be fully compensating us for the time invested to complete their training requirement?

Indeed, I agree somewhat on the “smacks as an employer” part.

As far as compensation? Given that there were six videos, which can be streamed during almost any 14-21min. period of time (assuming all material is thoroughly viewed, while as little as a 3-4min. total time investment is possible), at one’s discretion... I’d say that, since $5.00 was indeed made available immediately upon drop off of my first fare after having completed said videos...
I don’t actually feel shafted. 🤷🏻
I mean, I have invested far more effort and endured far more difficult circumstances, with a relatively worse outcome by merely chasing a $5.00 surge. And probably hundreds of times, nonetheless.
I’m actually alright with it. 😅

Trafficat

You might as well do a class on “don’t be an armed robber”
Reminds me of the campus carry debates here in NV not too long after a guy raped at least two UNR students and murdered one of them. The one who wasn't murdered was a CCW permit holder but left her gun behind due to the campus gun ban on the day she was raped in the parking garage connected to the university police department building. She testified in favor of allowing people to carry guns for self-defense on campus.

But some opposed the bill saying that allowing campus carry was the same as accepting "rape culture" or "victim blaming", and apparently giving girls the option to carry a gun on campus if they want to is somehow akin to forcing girls to wear burkas. They said that "girls should not need to defend themselves, guys should just stop raping."

Unfortunately, rape is already against the law. We already told them not to rape. But for some reason, guys just don't stop raping.

Last edited:

Brianod

I took the course. I had to but didn't do it within the 5 days so no $5 for me. The whole thing takes about half an hour. There is no test at the end. It's a lot of video so take it connected to WiFi if you can so you don't burn up your data minutes. It's just a lot of stuff we already know and mostly common sense issues.

UberBastid

You might as well do a class on “don’t be an armed robber”
Really.
It might look good in court when Uber is being sued ... but, do they really believe that a sexual predator is going to change his mind because he watched this crap?

I can see the testimonial: "After seeing that presentation I have decided to never sexually assault people again. I am donating that five dollars to my local battered woman's center. Thank you Uber for changing my life."

FormerTaxiDriver♧

they're paying you 5 dollars to "watch" half an hour of sexual harassment videos. my total time commitment was about 20 seconds to click "next" between each video while i watched the bears game. that equals $900 an hour. i feel i was fairly compensated.
You are also required to write a 10 page reflection paper when your done watching to receive credit.

Received email today notifying me that as a driver Uber is requiring that I take 6 on line training videos within next 6 months on this topic. If I complete in next 15 days Uber will pay me $5.

Anybody else out there feel that Uber should be fully compensating us for the time invested to complete their training requirement? If so, what course of action do we have?
I complained about the same thing, and they fired me. I have recently learned that Uber has been revoking use of the driver app to many conservative drivers. If you do not support BLM the Domestic Terrorist Organization, Uber has shown us that they are anarchists; they fire conservatives just like all the Trump supporters that have been fired and spit upon. Party of Unity my ass. 100,000 peaceful MAGA people a few days ago, and not one single problem till the BLM nig - gers got there. They love sucker punching old people. Working for a company that demands we love BLM terrorists was difficult. I am free now. Democrats/Libs/Woke anarchists are ruining this great country.

Clothahump

Do the training. Fast forward to the end of each video and proceed to the next. Collect your $5.00.

Diamondraider

But you still had to watch the Bears. My condolences.