• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ant infestation

Varg666

this is insane! I've been turning the passenger app on this week from 5 to 7 to see how bad it's really gotten and at any given time theres at least 8 to 12 drivers in west seattle! holy guacamole

I picked a decent week to take a break, but now I'm like ... is this the norm? hows driving been for you guys lately?

DexNex

See my post about this week.
Post automatically merged:

aspacepig

this is insane! I've been turning the passenger app on this week from 5 to 7 to see how bad it's really gotten and at any given time theres at least 8 to 12 drivers in west seattle! holy guacamole

I picked a decent week to take a break, but now I'm like ... is this the norm? hows driving been for you guys lately?
Yeah, I've had my DFs pointed north on my way to work in the mornings from Alki to Ballard. Have had two trips in about 12 tries over the last two weeks. 2 years ago, there'd been surge. Now there are few pings.

Fuges

I anted around today for about 4 hours - about $97 and kept the miles low. Better than I expected considering I started at 9, took a couple hour break to hit the grocery store and run home and unload and eat, and then wrapped up around 3.

Lissetti

Hufflepuff Honey Badger
Author
:rolleyes:Ants even crawling all over each other at the Wal-Mart. I stop by after work today and Ants are camping out in the parking .....just waiting for the opportunity to take someone with 2 cart loads of groceries less than 3 miles to their apartment complex.

Dennyjo2016

I anted around my area yesterday grabbed $40 in 5 hours. Barely paid for fuel. I hear fuel is going to $4 gal by end of month

See my post about this week.

App on only while going 15 miles to costco

Captainfantasitc SG8

:rolleyes:Ants even crawling all over each other at the Wal-Mart. I stop by after work today and Ants are camping out in the parking .....just waiting for the opportunity to take someone with 2 cart loads of groceries less than 3 miles to their apartment complex.
You started a day job? Good for you. I just wanna skip forward two years asap, this shit has made me hate my life and myself.

Lissetti

Hufflepuff Honey Badger
Author
That is fantastic 👌, Happy for you 😊
Do not start ordering express pools form Dexter Ave though 😂
No its not what you think. Its not the big bucks, but I do have fill medical / dental 401k with good providers. Facebook won't let anyone get their grubby little hands near their live code without anything less than a bachelor's degree.

However my team leads and higher ups have told me that with my background in computer science this gives me opportunities that others might not have at my level, and as long as I continue my education and get my bachelor's, then this will open the door for many more opportunities inside the company.

Travis Bickle Uber

No its not what you think. Its not the big bucks, but I do have fill medical / dental 401k with good providers. Facebook won't let anyone get their grubby little hands near their live code without anything less than a bachelor's degree.

However my team leads and higher ups have told me that with my background in computer science this gives me opportunities that others might not have at my level, and as long as I continue my education and get my bachelor's, then this will open the door for many more opportunities inside the company.
If facebook is still around in a few years

Lissetti

Hufflepuff Honey Badger
Author
I had a pax tell me last night that he took a ride a couple of weeks ago from Kent to Redmond during a high surge. With the surge it cost him $120. I told him the driver only got at the most $6.00 extra. Uber pocketed the rest. The pax wants to know how is that right when the drivers are using their own cars and not company vehicles.

gw03081958

I had a pax tell me last night that he took a ride a couple of weeks ago from Kent to Redmond during a high surge. With the surge it cost him $120. I told him the driver only got at the most $6.00 extra. Uber pocketed the rest. The pax wants to know how is that right when the drivers are using their own cars and not company vehicles.
Uber and Lyft are both raping and pillaging thousands of drivers, the strange thing is I was reading those who do it full time make such low money that they get around 200.00 a month food stamps and free health care through Healthcare.gov which in my case is 1062.00 a month and I don't pay a dime, this costs the tax payers billions and our inept stupid government lets them get away with it, what a country. Uber and Lyft big shots become millionaires and billionaires and the tax payer pays, I guess when you look at the billions they give to our pretend friends in the middle east like Israel and Egypt who cares the tax payers pay anyway and the little guy gets the shaft as usual, I guess living here is better than Venezuela so we should be happy right.

Lissetti

Hufflepuff Honey Badger
Author
Uber and Lyft are both raping and pillaging thousands of drivers, the strange thing is I was reading those who do it full time make such low money that they get around 200.00 a month food stamps and free health care through Healthcare.gov which in my case is 1062.00 a month and I don't pay a dime, this costs the tax payers billions and our inept stupid government lets them get away with it, what a country. Uber and Lyft big shots become millionaires and billionaires and the tax payer pays, I guess when you look at the billions they give to our pretend friends in the middle east like Israel and Egypt who cares the tax payers pay anyway and the little guy gets the shaft as usual, I guess living here is better than Venezuela so we should be happy right.
This is why I told my pax that in my case, I'm not working events anymore. I wish I could say this would force Pax back into taxis and city busses after a major event lets out, but I know there's a thousand new Ants signing up every day who will sit in traffic for 25 minutes on a 1.3 mile run and think that extra $2.50 is the greatest thing ever.