Another UberPool thread

Mindozas

This morning was decent with surges, yet I took one surged pool, which got matched with 2 more riders. $8.50 surge and $5 additional pick ups. After completing the trip I only see $6 for additional pick ups. It should have been $5+$5+$1+$1, right ?
Emailed and called support multiple times, just got their respond that trip is accurate. One rep actually was using some tactics to shut me off by telling me "special team is looking at the issue", because he can't adjust anything, since it looks right.
The last rep I spoke with said, the pick ups were in the "same location", thus only one $5 fee is applied.
When I asked her, what is "same location" and describe it in distance units/city blocks she put me on hold multiple times and wouldn't give me an answer.
Between riders 2 and 3 there was 0.4 miles distance. For now I'm guessing anything under 0.5 miles may fall under "same location" and wouldn't pay additional pick up? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Customer support is cold AF. They don't care about anything , my screenshots , my explanation of the rides and that I'm posting it online for other drivers to be aware.
Going forward just gonna cancel these additional ones. And yes, I did try to stop requests. But app added them fast.
Trip paid $20 plus $5 CS.

Attachments

Nu1

Additional pickups should be 10$. 1$ nosurge extra pickup become 5$( your case).

cumonohito

You are correct with the "same pick up" location, not sure if the .5 miles is the cutoff, but as far as uber is concerned, it is the same location. I had a pool ride with 2 separate request, but both were located at the same pick up spot. Did not get the additional rider $$. Sucks, but that's how it is.

Nu1

If uber assigned same pickup location but you managed to call both pax and pick them separate then I don’t think they would pay you. I had many same pickup location and they only paid one extra ( poolexpress most likely). Uber should give you an explanation, even if it doesn’t make sense.

Nu1

I’m pretty sure if the pickup location is different on the app then they pay the extra dollar.

Ankido

You get one surge. Additional pick ups give no surge. Same goes with tnp. $9 surge I had a pool of 3. Only recieved one surge. I wont get $27 surge if that makes sense. A pool is considered one ride.

BeingStewie

This morning was decent with surges, yet I took one surged pool, which got matched with 2 more riders. $8.50 surge and $5 additional pick ups. After completing the trip I only see $6 for additional pick ups. It should have been $5+$5+$1+$1, right ?
Emailed and called support multiple times, just got their respond that trip is accurate. One rep actually was using some tactics to shut me off by telling me "special team is looking at the issue", because he can't adjust anything, since it looks right.
The last rep I spoke with said, the pick ups were in the "same location", thus only one $5 fee is applied.
When I asked her, what is "same location" and describe it in distance units/city blocks she put me on hold multiple times and wouldn't give me an answer.
Between riders 2 and 3 there was 0.4 miles distance. For now I'm guessing anything under 0.5 miles may fall under "same location" and wouldn't pay additional pick up? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Customer support is cold AF. They don't care about anything , my screenshots , my explanation of the rides and that I'm posting it online for other drivers to be aware.
Going forward just gonna cancel these additional ones. And yes, I did try to stop requests. But app added them fast.
Trip paid $20 plus $5 CS.
When you have different pool rider pickups from the same location, it will say you are picking up Sam and Cam for example and when you go to pickup at the corner or location, you will have a different option, of checking in the riders ready to pick up. In that situation you don’t get paid additional pickups, I have cancelled the shorter ride one, when this happens, so I have a chance to get another additional pickup bonus.

If the riders were all separately picked up (based on the app) then you should fight that, I’ve had close pickups and still got paid additional pickup fee.

if they gave you only one additional pickup, it should be $5 and not $5+1, so it’s weird what they gave you. You get paid the additional fee as it says on the initial ride request, it’s not that plus $1.

Nu1

You get one surge. Additional pick ups give no surge. Same goes with tnp. $9 surge I had a pool of 3. Only recieved one surge. I wont get $27 surge if that makes sense. A pool is considered one ride.
One surge but each additional pickup( has to be different locations) has also a so called “additional pickups” that would be more than 1$( the no surge pool add on). So if you get a pool with a surge of 9$ it comes also with 6.75$( this is just an example). If you accept and no more additional pickup then you get 9$ surge and 0$ for additional pickups ( makes sense, at this point you’ll say I know that). Well, looks easy but it seems you don’t know how much you are supposed to be paid if you get two more pickups. For my example you get same 9$ surge and 13.5$ for additional pickups. Well, now you’ll say you knew that too.......
Now to make sure you know how much money you get tell me how much you get when a 9$ surge with a 6.75$ for additional pickups comes your way, first and second riders are picked at the same location( lucky you) and there are no more additional riders( uber knows why)????????

northsider87

Ever had that CS rep experience where they cheat you out of the ride you bring up to them? They go, "Actually, you were overpaid by X cents on that ride ... I've made the adjustment. Now, what was the issue?"