Another uber pool thread

twobucca2

Said no to about 10 uber pool pings tonight. Felt good. What set me off was waiting in 20 mins of traffic to pick someone up from the pier concert in Santa Monica. On my way out, Uber wanted me to go back into the traffic to get he 2nd rider, which would have taken at least another 30 mins. No way.

I'm done doing free work for a company that still owes me money for screwing me over since the day I started.

I've also started educating riders as to how unfair pool is to drivers. So far, the 5 riders I've spoken with have been compassionate and understanding and have promised to stop requesting it.

Last edited:

uber strike

everytime you accept an uber pool request you are accepting a pay cut. all of you La drivers have agreed to these terms without even knowing.

F213

I've also started educating riders as to how unfair pool is to drivers. So far, the 5 riders I've spoken with have been compassionate and understanding and have promised to stop requesting it.
With how cheap uber stool is, do you think those customers will follow up?

I eggsplained 1 night to a female pax about it, she was very understanding. 2 nights later, I got a request from her. I know where she requests from. It was under a request for stool. I let it time out.

UberMikeyX

With how cheap uber stool is, do you think those customers will follow up?

I eggsplained 1 night to a female pax about it, she was very understanding. 2 nights later, I got a request from her. I know where she requests from. It was under a request for stool. I let it time out.
You should have accepted and declined it.

I tell Stool people we sometimes make as little as $1.25 for Pool and 90% of my fellow Uber drivers are boycotting Uber Pool completely in protest, because time and money is waisted by accepting such low fares with no tips for the benefit of getting more riders to take Uber over Lyft.

When they get in my car, I ask right away, "Did you get a lot of cancels before you got me?" They sometimes say "Yes". Some say "No". Whether they say yes or no, this opens up the conversation as to why I accepted him or her over another Driver. I explain the reason I accept their ride was only to reach my weekly numbers, but if I'm at 75 for the week, I decline all Pool requests.

uberist

On the morning news thye did a story about uber punishing drivers by giving a 15 minute time out to drivers who ignore the "pooping"

So that will be an funny thing to call it because i will use the poo ping timeout to use the restroom.

At the end of the story he mentioned drivers dont like it because its more work for less money, the news wench next to him said but that make a lot of money from tips, because everyone tips" he told her "oh no people hardly ever tip uber, but they should always tip the driver"