• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Another Uber Management Meeting.

Paul Collins

I have just spent time recently again with uber management.
Interesting facts and outcomes to report.
Alex Golden is the new state manager

1. Uber do have an automated script for checking the validity of current car registrations and it has an issue that they are addressing asap.
2. When being locked out from the app after not accepting two requests, it is no longer for set time of 2/5 mins. You can log back in immediately. Many people, including myself lobbied for this change.
3. There are 12,000 uber staff worldwide
5. For Brisbane as an example, 25% of drivers driver for 40+ hours per week and over 50% drive for less than 10 hours per week.
6. A rate review is currently underway and it is very likely that rates will rise. uber are aware that all drivers want rates to increase.
7. Uber are looking into making it not possible for a rider to 'cancel' during a trip.
8. The nearest car is not the only selection uber use. The selection system is evolving and complex. For example new riders will get higher rated drivers for the first few trips and vice versa, new drivers get higher rated riders for the first few trips.(for drivers after the initial 500 trips)
9. Uber are moving to a display of the total fare for riders and not to display the surge factor multiple
10. über in general are moving from supporting the rider point of view in disputes to supporting the driver point of view.
11. Pricing will change for riders that request a short trip and the nearest driver is far away. The rider price will increase to compensate the distance the driver has to travel to the rider pickup address.
(edit, my bad, i missed out 4 :-))

Last edited:

Nootherchoice

1. Uber do have an automated script for checking the validity of current car registrations and it has an issue that they are addressing asap.
2. When being locked out from the app after not accepting two requests, it is no longer for set time of 2/5 mins. You can log back in immediately. Many people, including myself lobbied for this change.
5. For Brisbane as an example, 25% of drivers driver for 40+ hours per week and over 50% drive for less than 10 hours per week.
6. A rate review is currently underway and it is very likely that rates will rise. uber are aware that all drivers want rates to increase.
7. Uber are looking into making it not possible for a rider to 'cancel' during a trip.
8. The nearest car is not the only selection uber use. The selection system is evolving and complex. For example new riders will get higher rated drivers for the first few trips and vice versa, new drivers get higher rated riders for the first few trips.(for drivers after the initial 500 trips)
9. Uber are moving to a display of the total fare for riders and not to display the surge factor multiple
10. über in general are moving from supporting the rider point of view in disputes to supporting the driver point of view.
11. Pricing will change for riders that request a short trip and the nearest driver is far away. The rider price will increase to compensate the distance the driver has to travel to the rider pickup address.
Paul, I suppose you might ask but not get an answer about the total number of rides/jobs completed in Brisbane weekly/monthly? Or can you ask about ride growth, is it going up staying the same? What are Uber growth strategies for gaining more riders other than dropping rates?

PhantomDriver

Pe

Bool?
Sam Bool has moved to a higher position in Asia.
Perhaps check your lockout time next time you are locked out. You will find you can log back in immediately now.
Thanks for your insightful post.
Sam Bool is now in India picking up elephant sh$t-a side promotion was not available
This is what you get when you totally screw things up with ridiculous price cuts and piss of all of QLD barring SUD

Bandy

Paul, I suppose you might ask but not get an answer about the total number of rides/jobs completed in Brisbane weekly/monthly? Or can you ask about ride growth, is it going up staying the same? What are Uber growth strategies for gaining more riders other than dropping rates?
Don't get sucked in newbie.
Collins is on record for looking after himself ONLY!

Paul Collins

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dropping rates is not on their radar. Increasing rates is. Cutting down on driver churn is now a focus as well as many other major changes in their approach.
Getting data on rides in Brisbane is too detailed and they would not disclose that information and I do not ask.
$38 million in gross revenues last year Australia wide and after costs $2.5 million pid in tax. I think this calculated out at approx $115 million over the last 12 months in rides in gross fares AU wide.
Sam Bool got a promotion.
As I also stated to uber, I have never seen where uber has stated that it has a soul. Uber is what uber is.

Bandy

i will be touching base with
Uber and letting the know
Collins is solo, I am for the drivers...

As I also stated to uber, I have never seen where uber has stated that it has a soul. Uber is what uber is.
Do you proof read before you post?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Collins

Bandy
I will only ask a question to which I think they may be able to answer.
To ask questions hen I feel that they would not or could not answer, would be stupid really.

Nootherchoice
I am not a representative of the rs da a or any association or drivers union. I represent my own interests as Bandy has pointed out and I do not ever present issues to uber that I do not agree with that other drivers would have me present. Sometimes the ideas of other drivers in my opinion are naive or just plain stupid.

I get to see all the issues. I am contacted from time to time by various media organisations to represent the views of 'a driver'. Sometimes, as most recently with 4BC, they announce my position or representation incorrectly. Some here are not pleased with my access to uber management and I can only think that might be some sort of perverse jealously.

Paul Collins

Proving yet again the Peter Principle: " Every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence".
Corollary: "And then the sky's the limit".
Disclosure: I worked for the Government for many years, and swear from experience that the above are true and correct statements.
True. I think it is uber policy to appoint to management positions people from inside the organisation, making the Peter Principal work in full swing.

Bandy, are you talking to yourself or me?

Bandy

Proving yet again the Peter Principle: " Every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence".
Corollary: "And then the sky's the limit".
Disclosure: I worked for the Government for many years, and swear from experience that the above are true and correct statements.
Public service?
You didn't leave for Uber duties did ya?

Nootherchoice

I have asked if I can talk to management but been told by the staff at the local call centre that I cannot. So who do I contact to talk to local management. Paul, I have been following the forums closely and I understand that you ask questions on your own behalf and represent only yourself and I am fine with that.
But, how do I get the same access to management that you are privileged to receive? I have no beef with you Paul, and I am happy that you are asking questions. I love asking the "hard" questions of management and companies and want to know where they are heading. They are right to be worried about churn of drivers as Australia is a smaller country and once a company gets a reputation it's hard to shake.

Paul Collins

I have asked if I can talk to management but been told by the staff at the local call centre that I cannot. So who do I contact to talk to local management. Paul, I have been following the forums closely and I understand that you ask questions on your own behalf and represent only yourself and I am fine with that.
But, how do I get the same access to management that you are privileged to receive? I have no beef with you Paul, and I am happy that you are asking questions. I love asking the "hard" questions of management and companies and want to know where they are heading. They are right to be worried about churn of drivers as Australia is a smaller country and once a company gets a reputation it's hard to shake.
It is not really straight forward to get ongoing management access.
1. I was given a contact by a manger in Microsoft Australia as MS invested into my company. Mutual friends type situation.
2. I am admin of 4400 members and I think that may have some bearing as well as an introduction by a private driver of Sam Bool to management.
3. I took other drivers with me on the last 'off the record' meeting in Brisbane. Each driver there was given an email contact.
4. I am not sure it is a 'privilege' as my experience, attitude and corporate IT background has 'earned' me access perhaps.

It is not practical or perhaps even beneficial for all drivers to have management access. As you can see in this thread alone, trolls show their true form and would serve no purpose at all in a 'meeting' with uber.

Perhaps message me through private conversation if you want to chat about it? There is some high level politics to work on and a background in govt processes might help.

Bandy

It is not really straight forward to get ongoing management access.
1. I was given a contact by a manger in Microsoft Australia as MS invested into my company. Mutual friends type situation.
2. I am admin of 4400 members and I think that may have some bearing as well as an introduction by a private driver of Sam Bool to management.
3. I took other drivers with me on the last 'off the record' meeting in Brisbane. Each driver there was given an email contact.
4. I am not sure it is a 'privilege' as my experience, attitude and corporate IT background has 'earned' me access perhaps.

It is not practical or perhaps even beneficial for all drivers to have management access. As you can see in this thread alone, trolls show their true form and would serve no purpose at all in a 'meeting' with uber.

Perhaps message me your details and let's have a private conversation about it? There is some high level politics to work on and a background in govt processes might help.
you just admitted you're for yourself. I doubt you met with anyone beyond the green zone offices.

bulli-2516

Do you know if Uber will make these changes Nationally? I have noticed item 9 has already come into play..
I also would like to see the PIN feature removed for riders.. Far too many riders are not in the correct pickup location making it an unpleasant experience for both parties.. I feel it should be compulsory to enter the pickup address and in the case of a business address the business name should be used..

Paul Collins

Nationally.
Yep, pin is a know issue and your suggestion is a good one.
Definitely a way for riders to 'confirm' their pickup address would really help.

Instyle

1. Not entirely relevant unless it's preventing drivers from going online?
2. Cool, as it should be. To be Confirmed
3. Irrelevant to driver conditions & earnings
4. What happened to 4?
5. Baloney without verification of evidence and somewhat irrelevant to driver conditions and earnings.
6. They've been saying that for 12 months now. You should have been able to smell the BS when they told you that lie.
7. In some cases the passenger needs to be able to cancel in certain circumstances, for example; Rogue driver accepts and starts fare without passenger then drives home and leaves driver app active. Network outages, App malfunctions etc. Solution = When a passenger cancels a notification should come up on the driver phone with sight/sound for the driver to confirm and if not confirmed by the driver it can auto confirm after a certain amount of time (to cover app malfunctions/network etc)
8. More Uber lies and deception. Uber have always and only said the closest car rule. Proof Uber are Dishonest!
9. Already in the pipeline, trialling in other markets etc. Not entirely relevant to driver conditions and earnings
10. Absolute BALONEY, and you know it as does everyone else!
11. Absolute BALONEY, and you know it as does everyone else! When Uber started the max request distance was around 5-7mins, outside of that radius the app would show "no X avai" If a car isn't within that vicinity, the surge rule of demand vs supply should kick in, especially with the introduction of the surge grid as opposed to whole areas. Surge will show drivers where demand is, that way the driver can make an informed decision whether the empty drive to woop woop might pay off. Simple!

Thing

you just admitted you're for yourself. I doubt you met with anyone beyond the green zone offices.
I agree with you Bandy... the last time he made a similar post he was found to be untruthful & attention seeking.

Does anyone know of any other drivers in any other states (or even Qld) that gets to meet with Uber mgmt in discussions as he claims??? Seems odd that he is the only driver in Australia that has these meetings...

I haven't seen anyone else posting in other threads or other forums that they meet with Uber such as this ???

Rather odd :rolleyes: you would think if it happens in other states someone would talk about it... just sayin' :cool:

Paul Collins

1. Not entirely relevant unless it's preventing drivers from going online?
2. Cool, as it should be. To be Confirmed
3. Irrelevant to driver conditions & earnings
4. What happened to 4?
5. Baloney without verification of evidence and somewhat irrelevant to driver conditions and earnings.
6. They've been saying that for 12 months now. You should have been able to smell the BS when they told you that lie.
7. In some cases the passenger needs to be able to cancel in certain circumstances, for example; Rogue driver accepts and starts fare without passenger then drives home and leaves driver app active. Network outages, App malfunctions etc. Solution = When a passenger cancels a notification should come up on the driver phone with sight/sound for the driver to confirm and if not confirmed by the driver it can auto confirm after a certain amount of time (to cover app malfunctions/network etc)
8. More Uber lies and deception. Uber have always and only said the closest car rule. Proof Uber are Dishonest!
9. Already in the pipeline, trialling in other markets etc. Not entirely relevant to driver conditions and earnings
10. Absolute BALONEY, and you know it as does everyone else!
11. Absolute BALONEY, and you know it as does everyone else! When Uber started the max request distance was around 5-7mins, outside of that radius the app would show "no X avai" If a car isn't within that vicinity, the surge rule of demand vs supply should kick in, especially with the introduction of the surge grid as opposed to whole areas. Surge will show drivers where demand is, that way the driver can make an informed decision whether the empty drive to woop woop might pay off. Simple!
Mmmmm, I reported it as 'Interesting facts and outcomes to report.' I did not state it was 100% to do with drivers conditions and earnings. You made that assumption incorrectly.
Believe what you will, I am simply reporting what I have been told face to face.

Last edited: