Another stupid Lyft policy that puts us at risk

LyftUberFuwabolewa

First they implemented the policy that when a rider books an X ride but there's more than four passengers rather than have us call up after the ride and have the fair adjusted now we're supposed to tell the rider to cancel the ride and booking XL. If you call up after driving the ride as an X and ask for the XL fare you won't be given it. Lyft agents explain that this is part of an education policy to educate the Riders about booking the proper ride. But this puts us drivers in direct conflict with the riders . After asking the rider to cancel the ride and pay a cancellation fee and then book the ride as an the ride as an XL do you think you're getting five stars?

Now they just did themselves one better. If the rider books a pool ride and only puts down one passenger but there's really two when you start the ride and select that there's two passengers, not one, the app tells you to cancel. There's no other option. The app says to cancel and it won't go against your cancellation rate. This happened to me twice today. One of my would-be writers that I had to cancel on would not get out of the car and I had to call 911. She cursed me out a number of different ways including my race. I spoke with support and they say this is another education policy. They want people to choose the right number of riders when they book the ride. I told them that this is yet one more thing that puts us in direct conflict with the riders. Often pool rides are requested in bad neighborhoods. I told them that this policy is going to end up getting someone hurt.

I'll probably end up leaving the Lyft app off more often and just drive Uber. Don't put educating your customers on my back. We're out there on the front lines in the street and have to deal with these people face-to-face. If you want to educate your customers do an email blast or have more pop ups in the app that encourage them to choose the right number of riders.

Last edited:

Christina Green

I had that happen to me and my Pax started freaking out because the app wouldn’t let her change the number of riders. She got mad because it said she had to pay a cancellation fee.

Also ran into a problem with a PAX who wanted to add a destination or change drop off point after we were already at the original destination. The app wouldn’t let her change the destination so I ended the ride.

Wildgoose

First they implemented the policy that when a rider books an X ride but there's more than four passengers rather than have us call up after the ride and have the fair adjusted now we're supposed to tell the rider to cancel the ride and booking XL. If you call up after driving the ride as an X and ask for the XL fare you won't be given it. Lyft agents explain that this is part of an education policy to educate the Riders about booking the proper ride. But this puts us drivers in direct conflict with the riders . After asking the rider to cancel the ride and pay a cancellation fee and then book the ride as an the ride as an XL do you think you're getting five stars?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you notice that, most of drivers and riders have 5 stars rating on Lyft.
The reason why is Lyft rating system. The rating display page is gone within seconds if you don't do anything. You can change the rating later time but no one will want pay their time to go change it. That is why most of drivers and riders have 5 stars rating on Lyft. So I think, you will get 5 stars unless they are really pissed off.

SubaruLegacy

Lyft lets me change 1 to 2 riders, at least it did a week ago. The ridiculous thing is that you can't change a shared ride to a regular X ride. And if you make them cancel, they get assigned a different driver unless you are the only drive in like a 15 minute radius. Plus it makes them cancel and if they refuse, you have to wait them out the 5 minutes to no-show them to get the cancel fee, then waste another 2 minutes sending an e-mail explaining what happened, for when they inevitably try to get a refund.

Working4peanuts

I'm not sure I don't think so. I had one more pick up to do after that and because I was on the phone with support I just went ahead and cancelled the rest of the ride. I didn't drive Lyft for rest of the day.
That's funny. When I get consecutive minimum fare rides from either Uber or Lyft I'll shut them down immediately. My way of saying f u to them.

FLKeys

My last 2 Lyft cancels I did not get the cancel fee after waiting out the timer and calling the Pax. Cancelled Rider no show and get message not eligible for cancel fee. Send message to Lyft and get a $5 bonus from Lyft within 30 minutes. Seems like a poor education for riders with no shows.