Another stunning SMH moment

Mista T

Author
Pax: Why do you have a dash cam?

Me: I drive late at night, it's just there in case people do bad things, or false accusations, or if someone makes a mess or throws up.

Pax: Has anyone ever thrown up in your car?

Me: I have had 4 vomiting episodes so far.

Pax: OMG! What do you do when that happens?

Me: Take pictures and send them to Uber or Lyft. They decide how much to charge the customer, and hit their credit card.

Pax: WHAT?!?!? We get CHARGED for that?!?!?!?!?!

SMH

I couldn't make thia stuff up if I tried.

DJWolford

Me: I drive late at night, it's just there in case people do bad things, or false accusations, or if someone makes a mess or throws up.

Me: Take pictures and send them to Uber or Lyft. They decide how much to charge the customer, and hit their credit card.

SMH

We...... Get..... CHARGED FOR THAT???

What the F is wrong with people, like it should be no problem?

On a side note Mista T, how hard is it to clean that outta ur car

Mista T

Author
On a side note Mista T, how hard is it to clean that outta ur car

Just depends on how nasty it is.

I have been very lucky, compared to most drivers. Easy clean ups for me. 10 minutes at a gas station with towels and wet wipes, spray some stuff, and let it dry overnight with the windows rolled down.

Cdub2k

Just depends on how nasty it is.

I have been very lucky, compared to most drivers. Easy clean ups for me. 10 minutes at a gas station with towels and wet wipes, spray some stuff, and let it dry overnight with the windows rolled down.
yeah but your Uber night is effectively over. The $150 covers lost wages as well as clean up.

Uber's Guber

Pax: Why do you have a dash cam? Me: I drive late at night, it's just there in case people do bad things, or false accusations, or if someone makes a mess or throws up. Pax: Has anyone ever thrown up in your car? Me: I have had 4 vomiting episodes so far. Pax: OMG! What do you do when that happens? Me: Take pictures and send them to Uber or Lyft. They decide how much to charge the customer, and hit their credit card. Pax: WHAT?!?!? We get CHARGED for that?!?!?!?!?!
But he was cool with the fact that he was sitting in somebody's dried puke, right? :eek::biggrin::confused:

Mista T

Author
Not to stray this thread off course, but I've been in the fare for hire business for 18 years, driven thousands of pax over a million miles and have had only 1 vomiting episode.

You are doing well, clearly you have a better ability to prescreen than most everyone else, lol.

:smiles:

I think I'm doing pretty well on this facet of driving myself, considering a solid 50% of my income is derived after 9pm on weekends. I have over 10k rides, so one "episode" every 2,500+ riders is not too shabby.

Who is John Galt?

===/===

Just makes ya wanna PUKE! Doesn't it?

Julescase

SMH

Pax probably thinks WE should pay THEM for the pleasure of removing the [former] contents of their stomachs from our vehicles. I mean, we're so very LUCKY to be gifted with their puke, why would pax need to actually be held accountable for something like that?

:wink:

AllGold

I got vomit bags mounted all over my car lol

I get more of "but dont you get $150 if someone pukes in your car?"

Like I am missing out lol

I often have people say something like "Don't you make like [insert large amount like $300+] when someone throws up?"

Then I have to explain that not only is it capped at $150 at the most, but to me it's not worth cleaning up someone's puke even if it were triple that.

Uber's Guber

$250 If you throw up on the seat. $300 If you throw up on the floor. The floor is further away, so that's including a $50 long distance pickup fee.
Floor is easiest to clean, especially if it’s just a bunch of chunks you suck up from the rubber mat using a commercial car wash vac that cost 50 cents.
It’s the paxhole who thinks he did you a favor by rolling down the window and puking liquid down your door; the vomit smell is difficult to remove from inside the door jambs, and that Bacardi 151 eats away at the exterior paint.