Another shanty pax bites the dust

Lord Summerisle

Picked up this woman on Crenshaw (I know, what was I thinking.) She's only going a few miles. Following the GPS, I make a turn.

"Where you going?"
"Excuse me?"
"If you go this way, I be delayed!"
"Not according to this.
"You telling me you know where I live? I live there for 20 years and you know better than me?"

I swerve over to the side of the road. "Okay, ride's over, get out."

As I dump her grocery bags onto the sidewalk, the handles on one rip off. Good luck getting your crap back home!

second2noone

I had simular situation. I had pax like this from lax to Baldwin hills. I follow GPS.

Pax asks where you going? She says in 30 years they never went this way. All complaining. I told her im just following gps. I should have tossed her sorry ars to the side. It was all uncomfortably quiet and her husband all trying to be nice. 1 more word out of her mouth and they out of my car. After she got her rating and lucky I didn't kick her out.

Sometimes it's better to get your 1 star and just move on.
We're driving for a company who is under heightened media scrutiny and has a rabid anti-everything-Uber contingent on social media. If that lady had pulled out a phone and taken a picture of OP literally spilling her groceries onto the sidewalk, OP would have made prime time news, and gotten a ton of grief on social media.
Why? Always keep level headed. If you choose to deal with people for a job, you gotta know how to deal with people.

LA Dispatcher

That's why it's important to have a dash cam to capture this bad behavior. Arguing with the driver makes for unsafe driving conditions. Pax should be put on the sidewalk every time they start acting up. Had one pax last night who entered the wrong address and he didn't realize it until I completed the trip. He flags me down as I'm leaving like he left something inside the car. I turn around and ask what the problem is and he jumps in the car and tells me I dropped him off at the wrong place. I told him, "you entered the address not me". I get a new ping as I'm talking to him, then tell him to order a new ride and get out of my car. He said he didn't know where he was. I said, "Sorry, I gotta go".

Last edited:

Lord Summerisle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're driving for a company who is under heightened media scrutiny and has a rabid anti-everything-Uber contingent on social media. If that lady had pulled out a phone and taken a picture of OP literally spilling her groceries onto the sidewalk, OP would have made prime time news, and gotten a ton of grief on social media.
Why? Always keep level headed. If you choose to deal with people for a job, you gotta know how to deal with people.
I was super-chilled while throwing this woman out. I follow a simple rule. Respect me, you'll get a 5-star ride. Show me attitude, you're out.

Last edited:

Queenofthepak

Picked up this woman on Crenshaw (I know, what was I thinking.) She's only going a few miles. Following the GPS, I make a turn.

"Where you going?"
"Excuse me?"
"If you go this way, I be delayed!"
"Not according to this.
"You telling me you know where I live? I live there for 20 years and you know better than me?"

I swerve over to the side of the road. "Okay, ride's over, get out."

As I dump her grocery bags onto the sidewalk, the handles on one rip off. Good luck getting your crap back home!
Sad. Picking someone up on Crenshaw automatically makes them a bad pax? According to Uber, you ARE supposed to take the pax's directions OVER GPS. Then you dump her groceries on the ground? Not ok.