Uber Drivers Forum banner

Another one bites the dust....

2K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  SomeDrivingGuy 
#1 ·
My friend started driving for Uber three weeks ago. I received $500 and she received $200 after her first 40 trips. During the first week, she received an email incentive...take 10 trips for $50, 20 for $100 or 40 for $300. There were no requirements, such as pool acceptance, etc. She had to do the "help desk dance"with Uber to get the payment, about seven emails. The second week, the same thing...except she's still going back and forth with them. She decided, if it's like this in just the first two weeks, it just wasn't worth it. Don't blame her at all....

#6 ·
She actually didn't care about surge nor a lot of trips. Her incentives were based on the number of trips...no pool acceptance requirement, no overall acceptance, needed to be completed within a five day window. She stayed in the south suburbs. Wasn't in it to make a lot of money, just $100 or so a week until her seasonal job starts back up in August. She had the option of completing 10, 20 or 40 rides...she was happy with 20 and would have continued until she realized it was going to be a weekly email war about payments.

#17 ·
I think Lyft is back down to $150 now
You're right, HoosierGal. $150 for giving 60 rides in 30 days. Source: https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/214678827 Pitiful!

You'd think that after Chicago government forced 10,000 drivers (Uber & Lyft) out of the Chicago market in June, the Driver Referral bonus would be much higher now. Just goes to show that even with this pruning, Lyft has too many drivers in Chicagoland.

#20 ·
Those are the ones we want to recruit !

Grab the sign on bonus and disappear !
Yep, dine n dash

Oh and preferably refer a group of N+1 drivers for an N-trip bonus, and have then drive SOLELY each other, one trip each with each.

That way Uber gets NOTHING (bonus exceeds commissions on minfares) and no paxholes gets a single ride!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.