1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Another one bites the dust

Discussion in 'News' started by Trump Economics, Jul 8, 2018.

1. BCBE22B6-8965-4CFD-B698-28BFD98CCB2C.jpeg

LINCOLN, Neb. — A 38-year-old Uber driver was arrested early Saturday morning after his passengers called police saying he was driving erratically and asking them for marijuana.

Capt. Reitan with Lincoln Police said officers were called to a disturbance near 45th and A streets shortly before 3:30 a.m. Saturday.

After arriving, officers were able to determine that the driver, Sean McMullen, was drunk. Officers said his BAC was .233.

McMullen was arrested for DUI, his second offense, as well as reckless driving, disturbing the peace, and not having insurance.

He was lodged in the Lancaster County Jail. As of Sunday morning, he was no longer listed as an inmate at the jail.

http://www.1011now.com/content/news...sking-passengers-for-marijuana-487601431.html

[Good thing Uber’s background check caught his first offense of drunk driving.]

2. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

So much for Uber’s insurance check. I wonder if that was his first trip of the evening. I guess the alcohol wasn’t working for him so a switch to marijuana would be logical.

3. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    What? No official statement from an Uber spokesperson that this idiot has been deactivated?

4. Uber here,

We want to let the public know that we take these issues very seriously. There is no room for that type of behavior on our platform. We have deactivated the driver and reached out to the passenger to extend our full support.

Issues of this nature serve to highlight the overwhelming success that our new Panic Button is having in regards to passenger safety.

We hope the passenger continues to ride with the safer Uber platform, and we stand by to assist law enforcement.

- Rohit

5. Perfection. Thanks, Uber

MoreTips and Rakos like this.
  6. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    I don't see what the problem is. He was just a typical Uber driver.

7. It could have been his first week.

Hans GrUber likes this.
  8. Lol. And his last!

9. And that what you get for 53 cents a mile in Orlando

10. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    People, in general, can fall into addictions. This man clearly could have lost his job over his drinking and drug problem, then attempted to keep his income flowing by driving for Uber. Uber is not the problem with this driver's addiction; however, being around drunks and druggies encourages this behavior every day. I have experienced this first hand driving a taxi.

Rakos likes this.
  11. How did he get away with the no insurance thing?

Smh

Rakos likes this.
  12. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    I had thought the same thing, but knowing how the fakenews likes to operate, I have to assume that the reporter was inept or deceptive in his reporting, and should have wrote "not having proof of insurance."

Mista T likes this.
  13. I can explain this.. As well as the DUI issue.

He was using someone elses Uber account, because he couldn't get work he had a friend sign up for uber and he used that account.

Then his insurance was either
    A. Fake
    B. Doctored/expired

Because of his DUI he more than likely couldn't even get insurance for anything remotely close to "affordable"

14. Taxi2Uber

Taxi2Uber

Oh, so close. You forgot "Public safety is our top priority" or just "Safety is our top priority"
    Otherwise, you nailed it.

Mista T likes this.
  15. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    I like the part where he had no insurance. That’s what you get with UberX. The X stands for the “unknown”.

Rakos likes this.
  16. aluber1968

aluber1968

There is a possibility that he left his insurance card at the local bar. He may have insurance, but didn't have the card on him.
    Uber gets the best of the best with their low rates.
    New York City is the only place where you will get professionals . We are fingerprinted, drug tested every year and so on. We all have to have a taxi license issued by the city. Uber and Lyft don't want that, for it reduces the driver pool and increases costs.

17. Oh I dunno about that...

Some of us go thru that too, just not with Uber

Uber's Guber likes this.
  18. aluber1968

aluber1968

It is not done by uber.
    Taxi and Limousine Commission does that.
    That taxi license entitles us to drive taxi, limousine and uber.
    NYC does the background check and not uber. It is fingerprint based background check, not the private company name based one.

19. I understand. I meant for a different job. I just got fingerprinted and FBI background checked myself.