Another One Bites The Dust - Booted Out

Invisible

On Saturday, I received my deactivation message. I have read hundreds of deactivation stories since joining the site. I wasn’t sure what to believe, whether it was fact or fiction.

I’m sure some of you will crucify me, as Uber did. But I’m posting this as a warning to full-time drivers, whom this is their source of income. Your livelihood is at risk, regardless of how good you think you are or how safe you believe you are.

Friday evening before midnight, I had a pax from a bar, whom I should’ve cancelled on before unlocking my car doors. I made the mistake of not following my gut.

She was agitated I had my doors locked, as she yanked on the door handle, before I could ask her name. After she confirmed her name, she gets in and huffs how she’s a 39 year old woman and she knows what she’s doing and she already checked my license plate. I tell her that’s great she does that. She was already having an attitude.

There’s a delay in the navigation, so I ask if she knows a shortcut to the freeway. While I drove in the city many times, I wasn’t familiar with the back street I was on. She barks, You don’t know what you’re doing. I head down the street..Then she snobbily asks, Do you even know this area we’re in and do you even know downtown? I told her yes, I’m familiar with the area

The navigation then wants me to turn left. She blurts, Turn right. I’ll have to direct you since you don’t know what you’re doing. At least we’ll get there.

At that point, just a minute into the ride, I pull over and ask her to exit my car, saying this ride is over. She refused. I ask her again a few times, but she doesn’t budge. She says she doesn’t have to and she won’t get out. One more time I ask her to leave my car. She says no and says she’ll call Uber. I said great, as you do that I’m calling 911, if you don’t exit now. She gets out and shouts, I’m going to report you to Uber.

I then pull a half block down, try to call Uber to report her extremely rude behavior. I’m on hold for almost 10 min. I hang up and try again. No luck, so I sent an in app message. I continue with more rides.

The next day, I receive my deactivation. First support says they did a random check on my account and because of multiple reports of problematic behavior, I’m deactivated immediately.

This is the first I’ve ever been notified of complaints. The other instances were:

In summer, I had a group of college age guys I had to kick out of my car for open alcohol and the guy drank it in my car, despite my requests for him to toss it out. I reported that to Uber. Then I get notification the rider and his friends were uncomfortable. That was retaliation for me not allowing them beer.

A month ago, I had a pax make a false complaint that I picked up the wrong rider and brought him to the airport. Yet that pax had the tipped me $5 in the app.

I have NEVER yelled at pax, cursed at pax, touched a pax or did anything inappropriate. In fact, I had many pax saying, Thanks for the great ride.

I messaged support and then they say they have Zero Tolerance. I perplexed what they’re referring to. And then they say it’s because of safety concerns.

I follow safe driving habits, don’t speed, don’t brake fast and don’t tailgate. I still have no clue what they mean about safety. Monday, I go to the hub and they say there’s nothing that can be done because the Safety department closed it.

I plead my case, and they say they’ll message them. But they can’t do anything because Safety has made their final decision. They also closed my Eats account because my R/S was closed for safety. I had done almost 3,000 Eats deliveries and always maintained high ratings.

I’m actively seeking a traditional job. I’m done with the instability and false accusations. I’ve been crucified enough.

Here are support messages with some of my replies. I also never wrote profanity or inappropriate material.

8B346700-9A75-42DF-BE89-861C41E529FF.jpeg
A2D35F6C-4BC1-4BFC-809F-531991FC9BE2.jpeg
46D3AAB6-BBDF-4A79-8B0F-E52A978834E5.jpeg
A3A0B2B5-5016-4892-B6BF-6B187BD944FD.jpeg
B6C219C2-64C8-412E-970F-4D5EC677FA05.jpeg
4A348668-60F6-4EB1-B378-ECF58E9B93F4.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Sorry for my long rant!

I had 1554 rides, 1000 5 star rides, a 92% rating and many positive notes from riders (just showing some, too many to attach).

A3CF34B5-ACBC-4CE5-BE03-A3D2ABB00B39.jpeg
A189EBAF-68FB-4542-88B5-32B392054462.jpeg
3D31CA9B-34F4-4C90-8E73-F3AB8EA1E23F.jpeg
1B01FBD4-CFB8-4209-BF23-9967DB14F105.jpeg
A63B7854-CFAC-4235-AC12-0C6AD8A91F50.png
B17A944B-1CF0-4EFB-B025-95CB5BDCC152.jpeg

Last edited:

Illini

Sorry to hear this. They don't need to believe you're innocent of their safety guidelines because as they're deactivating you, 10 new drivers just signed up.
Good luck with Lyft. Avoid all potential conflicts such as driving in bad neighborhoods, or driving after dark, no bars, etc....

Last edited:

Alexxx_Uber

Sad to hear that. This kind of pax happened to me couple times. What I normally do is after canceling the ride, I immediately message uber or lyft that the rider physically assualted me and I canceled due to safety concern. The TIME is the key. They side with whoever reports FIRST.
I think you can start driving for lyft. Good luck.

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, guys. I should’ve just sent an in-app message instead of first trying to reach a live person at support. Yep, should’ve followed my gut and drove away. I was in a middle class to upper middle class area. .

I started w/ Lyft, and did them NYE. The rates for them are too low here now, which is why I switched to just Uber 5-6 mo’s ago.

My R/S days are done.

Learn to use the cancel option more often.
I did normally. But I disregarded my gut because of the area I was in. I’ve had @@@@@y, arrogant pax like this but NEVER was someone so demeaning.

TheDevilisaParttimer

On Saturday, I received my deactivation message. I have read hundreds of deactivation stories since joining the site. I wasn’t sure what to believe, whether it was fact or fiction.

I’m sure some of you will crucify me, as Uber did. But I’m posting this as a warning to full-time drivers, whom this is their source of income. Your livelihood is at risk, regardless of how good you think you are or how safe you believe you are.

Friday evening before midnight, I had a pax from a bar, whom I should’ve cancelled on before unlocking my car doors. I made the mistake of not following my gut.

She was agitated I had my doors locked, as she yanked on the door handle, before I could ask her name. After she confirmed her name, she gets in and huffs how she’s a 39 year old woman and she knows what she’s doing and she already checked my license plate. I tell her that’s great she does that. She was already having an attitude.

There’s a delay in the navigation, so I ask if she knows a shortcut to the freeway. While I drove in the city many times, I wasn’t familiar with the back street I was on. She barks, You don’t know what you’re doing. I head down the street..Then she snobbily asks, Do you even know this area we’re in and do you even know downtown? I told her yes, I’m familiar with the area

The navigation then wants me to turn left. She blurts, Turn right. I’ll have to direct you since you don’t know what you’re doing. At least we’ll get there.

At that point, just a minute into the ride, I pull over and ask her to exit my car, saying this ride is over. She refused. I ask her again a few times, but she doesn’t budge. She says she doesn’t have to and she won’t get out. One more time I ask her to leave my car. She says no and says she’ll call Uber. I said great, as you do that I’m calling 911, if you don’t exit now. She gets out and shouts, I’m going to report you to Uber.

I then pull a half block down, try to call Uber to report her extremely rude behavior. I’m on hold for almost 10 min. I hang up and try again. No luck, so I sent an in app message. I continue with more rides.

The next day, I receive my deactivation. First support says they did a random check on my account and because of multiple reports of problematic behavior, I’m deactivated immediately.

This is the first I’ve ever been notified of complaints. The other instances were:

In summer, I had a group of college age guys I had to kick out of my car for open alcohol and the guy drank it in my car, despite my requests for him to toss it out. I reported that to Uber. Then I get notification the rider and his friends were uncomfortable. That was retaliation for me not allowing them beer.

A month ago, I had a pax make a false complaint that I picked up the wrong rider and brought him to the airport. Yet that pax had the tipped me $5 in the app.

I have NEVER yelled at pax, cursed at pax, touched a pax or did anything inappropriate. In fact, I had many pax saying, Thanks for the great ride.

I messaged support and then they say they have Zero Tolerance. I perplexed what they’re referring to. And then they say it’s because of safety concerns.

I follow safe driving habits, don’t speed, don’t brake fast and don’t tailgate. I still have no clue what they mean about safety. Monday, I go to the hub and they say there’s nothing that can be done because the Safety department closed it.

I plead my case, and they say they’ll message them. But they can’t do anything because Safety has made their final decision. They also closed my Eats account because my R/S was closed for safety. I had done almost 3,000 Eats deliveries and always maintained high ratings.

I’m actively seeking a traditional job. I’m done with the instability and false accusations. I’ve been crucified enough.

Here are support messages with some of my replies. I also never wrote profanity or inappropriate material.

View attachment 396417 View attachment 396418 View attachment 396419 View attachment 396421 View attachment 396422 View attachment 396423

Sorry for my long rant!

I had 1554 rides, 1000 5 star rides, a 92% rating and many positive notes from riders (just showing some, too many to attach).

View attachment 396427 View attachment 396428 View attachment 396429 View attachment 396430 View attachment 396431 View attachment 396432
I’m so sorry that happened to you. Your personality is fairly non confrontational on here, so we all know your pax was bad

Did you get anything on dash cam? Did you work your way to a manager with Uber support?

Last edited by a moderator:

Invisible

I’m so sorry that happened to you. Your personality is fairly non confrontational on here, so we all know your pax was bad

Did you get anything on dash cam? Did you work your way to a manager with Uber support?
Thanks, no I was stupid for no dash-cam. I didn’t speak to a manager because support messages all said it’s final and the hub said nothing can be done.

I can only share my story, so maybe it can help others. But NYE several Lyft pax asked if I did Uber to. When I told them my story, some gave nice pity tips.

This may be what I needed to get my career back. I have an MA in Counseling (need 3000 unpaid hours for licensing) and I worked professionally. So I have options besides McD’s or Walmart; I hope. I just gave up on my career years ago when it was tough to find a job because of the after effects of the recession.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Thanks, but no I was stupid for no dash-cam. I didn’t speak to a manager because support messages all said it’s final and the hub said nothing can be done.

I can only share my story, so maybe it can help others. But NYE several Lyft pax asked if I did Uber to. When I told them my story, some gave nice pity tips.

This may be what I needed to get my career back. I have an MA in Counseling (need 3000 unpaid hours for licensing) and worked professionally. So I have options besides McD’s or Walmart. I just gave up on my career years ago when it was tough to find a job because of the after effects of the recession.
A lot of drivers did the same as you because of the Great Recession and stuck around with rideshare.

I see you said messages, did you call and speak to them?

Invisible

I only messaged support after my deactivation because I wanted written documentation and didn’t want them misconstruing what I was saying. Plus, I didn’t feel like repeating myself 10 times. I thought the hub would’ve been able to help me.

Sad to hear that. This kind of pax happened to me couple times. What I normally do is after canceling the ride, I immediately message uber or lyft that the rider physically assualted me and I canceled due to safety concern. The TIME is the key. They side with whoever reports FIRST.
I think you can start driving for lyft. Good luck.
Thank you for the idea. Yet I’m not going to lie and say a pax physically assaulted me. In my messages and my initial report under my rider was rude tab, I noted how the pax was verbally abusive.

Last edited:

TheDevilisaParttimer

Okay call support and be a thorn in there ass until someone that can reason acknowledge your story. Because they are essentially just giving you copy and paste bull from a hand book.

Ive had to speak to a multiple reps before I was helped a few times. I know it’s a bother and you don’t wanna do it but it will probably get you reactivated.

Last edited:

Invisible

Okay call support and be a thorn in there ass until someone that can reason acknowledge your story. Because they are essentially just giving you copy and paste bull from a hand book.

Ive had to speak to a multiple reps before I was helped a few times. I know it’s a bother and you don’t wanna do it but it will probably get you reactivated.
There’s a thread from I think July of 2018 that just came back. The OP faced a similar fate, for Safety.

Safety could just mean the new “My driver was drunk”.

Sorry this happened to you. With your record I would insist upon a face to face meeting with a supervisor at the GLH. In the meantime there’s Lyft until you get your career on track. Good luck.
I don’t think my hub has a supervisor, it’s just the same 2-3 people. Frankly, I detest Uber right now!!!!

Driving drunks at night is a nasty business. It seems the OP has an attitude of confrontation over avoidance. It is always better to finish a ride than to make a scene. Then don't make the same type of pickups again. Kicking out a pax mid-ride is asking for big trouble.
It is easy to judge when you weren’t there. I didn’t make a scene. I simply ended the ride early, which I felt was abusive. And that pax wasn’t adhering to Community Guidelines.

I asked the hub last summer if we were allowed to end the ride early. They told me yes, if pax is verbally or physically abusive.

I have only asked a few to leave my car early, once the ride started. It is because of their behavior. The other few I never started the ride, before I noticed open alcoholl or the one nasty woman who went off on me for asking if she was at least 18 because she looked very young.

Last edited:

Alexxx_Uber

I only messaged support after my deactivation because I wanted written documentation and didn’t want them misconstruing what I was saying. Plus, I didn’t feel like repeating myself 10 times. I thought the hub would’ve been able to help me.

Thank you for the idea. Yet I’m not going to lie and say a pax physically assaulted me. In my messages and my initial report under my rider was rude tab, I noted how the pax was verbally abusive.
Well it’s up to you. But to win in a game, you have to play it along with laws that exist in that game.
since pax is going to lie about you, you have to lie in advance in order to be the winner (unfortunately). Good luck.

Illini

This may be what I needed to get my career back. I have an MA in Counseling (need 3000 unpaid hours for licensing) and I worked professionally. So I have options besides McD’s or Walmart; I hope. I just gave up on my career years ago when it was tough to find a job because of the after effects of the recession.
Best wishes to you. Good things happen to good people, so better days are ahead for you. Please stay on this forum. We're better with you than without you.

ColtDelta

After all those RS rides you have well over 3000 unpaid hours of counseling.

BigRedDriver

I quit driving in July. Invisible was one of my favorite reads on here. Sorry it happened to you. I’ve advocated for a drivers association that would take these BS deactivations to the rideshare companies OR BETTER, THE MEDIA.

You guys still driving, you better get your acts together and put an Professional Association together. If it can happen to Invisible, IT CAN/WILL HAPPEN TO YOU.

Walks off soapbox