• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Another Lyft Paycut

Brian-drives

Received this wonderful email from Lyft. Another Pay Cut .
The .05 cents per mile does not hurt that much but the Power Zone not doubling any more does.
Thanks for the kick in balls !
42A6F449-B54E-462F-9E34-6F8BA813FA81.png
D11BECCA-E9A3-43C8-884C-FAC319A98475.png

Martys999

Mine shows different XL rates... wonder why

Matching rates for high-end rides
We're adjusting the pay rates for XL rides in Miami, starting June 24.We're making this change to match the local rideshare rates for high-end rides.
Your XL rates will look like:
Base rate: $1.44
This is the amount you're paid to start the ride.
Per-minute rate: $0.2175
This is what you earn for each minute you're with a passenger.
Per-mile rate: $1.4475
This is what you earn for each mile you drive with a passenger.
Minimum rate: $4.32
This is the minimum amount you'll earn for a ride.
Your rate card will reflect these changes starting June 24. You can view your current Rate card in the Rate card tab of your Driver Dashboard.

BuberDriver

Sucks. Never understood the doubling for Lux power zones but it was always nice when they came in. Just wish Lyft PZ's would match with Uber's demand. Seems Uber surges and Lyft zones turn reddish orange but never fully pink/purple while Uber is $2.50-$5.00 surge...doesn't make sense

Working4peanuts

Received this wonderful email from Lyft. Another Pay Cut .
The .05 cents per mile does not hurt that much but the Power Zone not doubling any more does.
Thanks for the kick in balls ! View attachment 329836View attachment 329837
Are those the rates you're paid or are you paid a percentage of these (like Uber)?

This whole percentage thing is a scam. Just one of many to receive its employees. Oops, I meant partners..

Flacco

We're adjusting the pay rates for XL rides in Miami, starting June 24. We're making this change to match the local rideshare rates for high-end rides.
Your rate card will reflect these changes starting June 24. You can view your current Rate card in the Rate card tab of your Driver Dashboard.

We'll always be transparent about changes that affect your earnings, and we're working to increase demand for high-end rides so you can earn more — more often

JimKE

We're adjusting the pay rates for XL rides in Miami, starting June 24. We're making this change to match the local rideshare rates for high-end rides.

We'll always be transparent about changes that affect your earnings, and we're working to increase demand for high-end rides so you can earn more — more often
That's what I got too, and if I'm not mistaken, they are almost exactly the same as Uber's XL rates. I think Lyft had been a little lower previously, but I haven't looked up any old rides.

Here's an example of UberXL rates:

Last edited:

Martys999

I looked last night when I got the email. Lyft DROPPED the XL rates to match the lower levels that Uber is paying.

Flacco

I still receive $1.608 per mile with Uber XL but signed up 3.5 years ago (if that matters?)

JimKE

I still receive $1.608 per mile with Uber XL but signed up 3.5 years ago (if that matters?)
It does matter. You're probably getting 80%. Most of us are at 75%.
Post automatically merged:

I looked last night when I got the email. Lyft DROPPED the XL rates to match the lower levels that Uber is paying.
You're right. I looked it up and I previously was getting $1.50 per mile/$0.22 per minute

JimKE

Lyft is not using vaseline anymore they are doing the same as Uber and saving the $$ on vaseline
Either that, or they just woke up from their nap and realized they were paying more than Uber. Lyft is pretty incompetent with everything local. Their genius local manager once sent an email saying that South Beach was an "out of the way" location for rides!

But at least they had the sense to lower their pay to just a tiny bit more than Uber.

Jack Marrero

Oh true

Lyft seems to be in trouble. They have been making desperation moves lately
[/QUOT E]
That what happens when you go public. Now, they have pressure from shareholders. Sooner or later something has to give: Either riders will pay more, or drivers will get a cut. Most probably both cases.