Another Front Seat Rider

Coyotex

I purposely kept my "stuff" on the front seat so people wouldn't sit there. I don't know why, but most of the riders I pick up want to sit in the front seat. After reading post on this thread, I would prefer them riding in the back as well.

I pick up a pax today who opened the front door and I said "I'm sorry, I have a lot of stuff here already". She said she would prefer the front seat, but would make an exception this time. (like she had a choice) We had a nice conversation and all went well. She even told me she's from California (we were in Indiana) and California Uber drivers said they couldn't accept cash tips, it was against Uber policy. She asked if that was accurate, i told her I didn't know California laws, but most of my pax tip me cash (they don't, but I was testing this theory out). I told her if she wanted to tip, cash was one option and there is also an option to do so on the app, but it was totally up to her.

I don't think she left me a tip, but she did give a 5* rating with a note to uber: "I would rather ride in the front seat, I don't do great in the back. But he was great." WTF? LOL! I just have to chuckle!

Oh, I'm assuming it was 5* because I had 5 rides today, and I had 5 additional 5* ratings than I had this morning.

Illini

I had a couple once where the husband asked me if his wife can sit up front with me, because she doesn't do well in the back. He sat in back and she sat up front with me. Even in the front seat she was virtually frozen the entire 40 minute trip. Oh, and of course, no tip.

Initial D

Uber expects drivers to have all seats readily available because of rider preferences and the pax may be bringing three other persons to ride along on an assuming UberX ride. The pax might complain if the front passenger seat was off limits.

I'm an ambivert but slightly leaning towards the introvert side but the front seat must be available regardless of whether if I get matched with a pax who is ultra talkative and thinks I'm stuck up or reserved (my eyes have to be on the road).

Soldiering

Uber expects drivers to have all seats readily available because of rider preferences and the pax may be bringing three other persons to ride along on an assuming UberX ride. The pax might complain if the front passenger seat was off limits.

I'm an ambivert but slightly leaning towards the introvert side but the front seat must be available regardless of whether if I get matched with a pax who is ultra talkative and thinks I'm stuck up or reserved (my eyes have to be on the road).
Uber Gestapo? ?

UberBeemer

What is it with drivers not liking riders sitting in the front?? I dont get it . Who cares. Please someone explain..does it make you uncomfortable or something.
Front seat riders often assume they can change the radio or heat/AC settings without asking, and can be more distracting than back seat riders in the way they usually want to talk more.

I only allow front seat riders if the party is 3 or 4 pax.

I also think riding in back avoids them falsely claiming inappropriate conduct on the part of a driver.

daave1

I don't mind when a passenger sits in the front seat. Over the last couple of years, I can't think of one situation where they felt entitled to touch my controls. As a matter of fact, I would prefer a solo passenger to sit in the front so I can keep an eye on them.

In regards to tipping cash in California, completely legal. I'm in California and accept cash tips all the time.

CJfrom619

Front seat riders often assume they can change the radio or heat/AC settings without asking, and can be more distracting than back seat riders in the way they usually want to talk more.

I only allow front seat riders if the party is 3 or 4 pax.

I also think riding in back avoids them falsely claiming inappropriate conduct on the part of a driver.
Whats wrong with changing the radio or adjust the a/c to your liking?? Some of you drivers always want it your way all the time. I give over a 100 rides a week and i could care less if everyone sat in the front. Front or back seat or middle seat there is no difference.

-JR-

What is it with drivers not liking riders sitting in the front?? I dont get it . Who cares. Please someone explain..does it make you uncomfortable or something.
Greetings from across the pond

40F026AF-4153-4D12-A10B-27A610A5F312.jpeg

Last edited:

Soldiering

Whats wrong with changing the radio or adjust the a/c to your liking?? Some of you drivers always want it your way all the time. I give over a 100 rides a week and i could care less if everyone sat in the front. Front or back seat or middle seat there is no difference.
I've never had a front seat passenger touch any controls. It's common courtesy. When I get rides I don't put my paws all over their ?. Humans nowadays are so DUMB

dauction

I dont care about front seat or back seat but watch out for Passengers Backdoors ....

4- 20 somethings 3 girls one guy ... They were all already catching a Buzz...When we get to the Bar ..I ask if the boor door is ok since it's easier to get too.. The girl behind me leans forward just upto my neck and says ... "Honey-- you can use whatever door you like " :eek::biggrin:

Alexxx_Uber

I have flirty pax every once in a while, it’s not odd.
Oke time I had two young girls seating in the pax and asked for radio, andI said what radio channel they want. One of them leaned forward from the back to reach the radio unit and started to play with the stations. I should say, she was touching my shoulder and arm for more than five minutes during her “radio search”