Another expressway shooting

lakersfan1

This one is mind boggling because it's nowhere near gang territory, and the victim's not even local. Literally anybody anywhere now.

Pooooobear

This one is mind boggling because it's nowhere near gang territory, and the victim's not even local. Literally anybody anywhere now.
Lakersfan, I am convinced we need help from the US Army to stop this insanity. The government keeps soldiers in Germany and Poland when we have a war in Chi-Raq!

pizza guy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lakersfan, I am convinced we need help from the US Army to stop this insanity. The government keeps soldiers in Germany and Poland when we have a war in Chi-Raq!
Before you say that watch the movie 'The Siege' and pay close attention to what Bruce Willis character has to say. It's even better when you realize it's a pretty 9/11 movie.

Sgt Lucifer

... random, crazed, senseless shootings can happen anywhere in this country.
Not only in Chicago.
... happens a lot in big cities in a country with a gun-culture and lots of angry loonies.

lakersfan1

Be careful what you wish for. The first think I learned week 1 in Boot Camp from a female Drill Sergeant was: 2 shots in the chest, 1 shot in the head at close quarters so you don't have to do paperwork, then plant a knife on the body if they turn out to be unarmed. It would probably take a year of de-escalation training and reprogramming to bring in the Army or Marines without killing large swathes of innocent civilians, which might make them dangerously useless if we go back to war.

Not only in Chicago.
... happens a lot in big cities in a country with a gun-culture and lots of angry loonies.
Especially in a country that no longer believes in gun control or supporting mental health treatment, and has crappier and crappier jobs. Powder keg waiting to blow up.

Greenghost2212

Wtf? Bro please tell me you are trolling. Chicago been like that. U always could've gotten your issue anytime anywhere. Even in so called safe neighborhoods. And FYI it's gangs in every side of the city. But it's even more guns. Not just gang members got guns.

SEAL Team 5

Not only in Chicago.
Here in AZ we are one of the most liberal states when it comes to gun ownership and conceal carry. As a gun advocate I can firmly attest that strict gun control has nothing to do with gun violence. Phoenix Metro has a population well over 4 million with over 3 million allowed to legally conceal carry without a permit. We don't even come close to the gun violence of Chicago or any other strict gun control state. I think that's because a potential shooter knows that there's a good chance of 10 citizens shooting him back, and we are really good shots out here in the desert. You have to be able to shoot a moving rattlesnake with a hand gun from 30'.

Pusher

They are saying that it was a road rage incident between the tow truck driver who shot the Florida truck driver. At least that what the state police has reported.

qiaoxiaopang

Be careful what you wish for. The first think I learned week 1 in Boot Camp from a female Drill Sergeant was: 2 shots in the chest, 1 shot in the head at close quarters so you don't have to do paperwork, then plant a knife on the body if they turn out to be unarmed. It would probably take a year of de-escalation training and reprogramming to bring in the Army or Marines without killing large swathes of innocent civilians, which might make them dangerously useless if we go back to war.

Especially in a country that no longer believes in gun control or supporting mental health treatment, and has crappier and crappier jobs. Powder keg waiting to blow up.
Totally agree with you. Country has gone to hell and gun control is out of control in Chiraq. And it's not just the civilians we have to worry about.

Wouldn't surprise me if a few CPD or police out there purposely planted guns on innocent victims just to cover up their own crimes.

quesie

Totally agree with you. Country has gone to hell and gun control is out of control in Chiraq. And it's not just the civilians we have to worry about.

Wouldn't surprise me if a few CPD or police out there purposely planted guns on innocent victims just to cover up their own crimes.
You all need to get over thinking that Chicago is so terrible. In fact it doesnt even rank in the top 10 violent cities per capita in the US. We rank 16. Stop believing everything you hear from the media and Washington. There are many worse places to live.

Greenghost2212

You all need to get over thinking that Chicago is so terrible. In fact it doesnt even rank in the top 10 violent cities per capita in the US. We rank 16. Stop believing everything you hear from the media and Washington. There are many worse places to live.

Now back in the 90z then yeah we was top 3 but now naw.

Andretti

Wtf? Bro please tell me you are trolling. Chicago been like that. U always could've gotten your issue anytime anywhere. Even in so called safe neighborhoods. And FYI it's gangs in every side of the city. But it's even more guns. Not just gang members got guns.
What you're saying is true, anyone can buy it at anytime anywhere.

But the stats show there's a few Chicago neighborhoods that are over-represented in shootings, and they have a strong influence on the overall city stats. Remove those hoods, and Chicago's rates aren't much worse than any other major U.S. city.

But it's irritating that out-of-town pax often are questioning their safety even in good neighborhoods, due to Chicago getting politicized and put in the media.