Another driver took my order!

RavenK

Wow, after thinking about it, I guess it could go like this: driver gets a ping, accepts it and quickly takes a screenshot of the order then canceled the pickup, races over to the restaurant and snatches the food, if questioned they show the restaurant the screenshot of the order and get away with a free meal. I hate thieves.

Considering that’s the case, what if the order is marked ready, the thief who cancelled picks up the order. Now the customer is waiting while previous drivers marked it as already picked up. Uber will immediately assume it was the first driver that cancelled was the thief.
Also they contact the restaurants, so they will become suspicious immediately.

Young Kim

This ever happen to you? I accepted a great order. It paid over $10 and it was only a 3 mile trip. When I got to the restaurant they said another driver already got it. Called driver support and they said sorry, that happens sometimes. They accidentally assign 2 drivers to the same order. Well that sucks! They gave me $3 compensation

Yup, this definitely has happened to me quite a few times. Always VERY upsetting. Sorry to hear you went through that!

nosurgenodrive

Wow, after thinking about it, I guess it could go like this: driver gets a ping, accepts it and quickly takes a screenshot of the order then canceled the pickup, races over to the restaurant and snatches the food, if questioned they show the restaurant the screenshot of the order and get away with a free meal. I hate thieves.
Some customers do the same thing. Order in the app, go and pick it up or have a friend do it, driver arrives and no food is there.

People are pathetic.

MissAnne

This actually happened to me today on a $14 Applebee’s order, I get there and they said another driver had just picked up the order, had the same order number, the same customer number, so they gave it to him. Called Uber support and they were like sorry, wouldn’t even give me any compensation for it

mama2bebes

This ever happen to you? I accepted a great order. It paid over $10 and it was only a 3 mile trip. When I got to the restaurant they said another driver already got it. Called driver support and they said sorry, that happens sometimes. They accidentally assign 2 drivers to the same order. Well that sucks! They gave me $3 compensation
This happened to me yesterday. But I don't think Uber assigned two drivers. I arrived at a KFC, and a very polite lady there told me somebody already picked up the order. I texted the customer, Tyrone, and he replied nobody picked it up. Then I called Support, and after they did their little please-hold-while-I-pull-up-the-script-on-how-to-answer-you routine, they didn't tell me it had been assigned to someone else.
I was wondering if thieves just try their luck asking for an order using any common name. Tyrone is common in enough in Atlanta!