Another day another dollar

deadmile

another stop sign , another jerk driver not letting me merge, another person crossing at a red light, another 5 mile away pool request, another time I have to take a dump without a public restroom around for miles that I have to squat down like a baseball umpire to not sit on the infected seat, another "were not going far" announcement on a minimum fare, another stop sign, another pax not at terminal when I arrive and a voicemail from another country, another day another dollar "life as a rideshare driver" a full length novel winter 2018 -deadmile

Last edited by a moderator:

UberLaLa

another stop sign , another jerk driver not letting me merge, another person crossing at a red light, another 5 mile away pool request, another time I have to take a dump without a public restroom around for miles that I have to squat down like a baseball umpire to not sit on the infected seat, another "were not going far" announcement on a minimum fare, another stop sign, another pax not at terminal when I arrive and a voicemail from another country, another day another dollar "life as a rideshare driver" a full length novel winter 2018 -deadmile

I think the absolute worst in all of that is the, We're not going far. Almost like they are telling us that to take the edge off the fact that we had to pick them up and some how it not being 'far' makes things better...yet they know it makes them worse...so they are sort of apologizing without apologizing...which is worse than no apology at all.

And, I can't wait to see your response to this comment deadmile :smiles:

SibeRescueBrian

Sounds like you have a country song there!

Deadmile was a driver for the only game in town
He had a reputation as a guy who'd fart around
Down McDonald's after midnight with a brand new box of fries
A fresh one hangin' from his lips and some fresh hot apple pies
He'd post on Uberpeople and chat with all his friends
The road goes on forever and the party never ends

tohunt4me

He said nothing about Trucks,
Or prison,
Or mama.
Or getting drunk.
( or getting drunk in the prison truck)
So he does Not have the makings of a country and Western song according to David Allen Coe.
As written by Steve Goodman
Read the Lyrics.
Listen and Learn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-20-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-20-13.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-20-55.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-20-55.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-21-54.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-21-54.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

tohunt4me

His sounds more like the A.C.DC.- " Ride On"
Which is really a good song with a good R&B style rhythm, highly unusual for A.C.D.C.
If you never heard it, go check it out.

" Another red light nightmare
On another red light street
I aint too old to hurry
Cause i aint too old to die
But i sure am hard to beat".

What you going to do
When the new wears off and the old shines through.

My comprehension is gone.
Whats the point again?
Point !
What Point ?
His is a virtual existentialist study of the Nihilism of being an abused Uber driver seat warming for the arrival of Robots !
The Whole Point IS there is no point !
BRILLIANT
FEATURED THREAD !

Exhibit A.
Nihilistic job interview

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-27-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-27-46.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-46-21.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-03-46-21.png
    79 KB · Views: 17

deadmile

Deadmile was a driver for the only game in town
He had a reputation as a guy who'd fart around
Down McDonald's after midnight with a brand new box of fries
A fresh one hangin' from his lips and some fresh hot apple pies
He'd post on Uberpeople and chat with all his friends
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thread " tedgeys home bathroom review" is not open to further replies lmao

deadmile

I think the absolute worst in all of that is the, We're not going far. Almost like they are telling us that to take the edge off the fact that we had to pick them up and some how it not being 'far' makes things better...yet they know it makes them worse...so they are sort of apologizing without apologizing...which is worse than no apology at all.

Have a great Thursday UberLaLa

UberLaLa

Had a shorty tonight.....2 min and a few blocks......As he got out he said "Wasnt that easy? 2 min and a quick 5 bucks for you!" and slammed the door....

Lemme see...umh....times 30 that would be....wow, this freakin driver earns $150 and hour! No tip for his rich azz...:mad:

You're lucky he only slammed your door, MrMoneyBags!

UberLaLa ADD: And please try and keep with the theme... Another DOLLAR, not two...thanks!

Duckling

Deadmile, do you rap like this at McD?
I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce Don't be frontin' son no seeds on a bun We be up in this drive thru Order for two I gots a craving for a number nine like my shoe We need some chicken up in here In this dizzle For rizzle my nizzle Extra salt on the frizzle Dr. Pepper my brother Another for your mother Double double super size And don't forget the FRIES...

deadmile

Deadmile, do you rap like this at McD?
I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce Don't be frontin' son no seeds on a bun We be up in this drive thru Order for two I gots a craving for a number nine like my shoe We need some chicken up in here In this dizzle For rizzle my nizzle Extra salt on the frizzle Dr. Pepper my brother Another for your mother Double double super size And don't forget the FRIES...
Don't push button Duckling

somedriverguy

I think this comes from pure ignorance of the compensation model...........

It makes my blood boil too........but I think most PAX are and have always been salaried or hourly W2 employees.......

They presume that we like short rides so we can go park and screw off "on the clock" like their lazy asses do most of the time "at work"
"But I'm paying $8.56 for this ride!"
"That's nice lady, I get $2.62 for driving it."

Julescase

But the thing is, many of them truly believe that "not going far" is a good thing. They have no concept of how this whole thing works. Yet another reason that they all suck monkey balls