Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Another Class Action in the Makings

3K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  JLA 
#1 ·
Based on information available on UBER's website I decided to apply to be an Uber driver. I spent a total of $250.00 for the health certificate, car inspection etc., money I would not have spent otherwise. I have been patiently waiting for MONTHS for my Uber account to be activated.

I have reached out to UBER through live chat, during each chat session I received conflicting information, but I have been assured repeatedly the account would be activated by UBERS " Advanced Support Team " within 24-48 hours. This cycle has repeated for SEVERAL weeks. I have not looked for other employment because I have been patiently waiting for UBER to activate my account, as promised.

Update: THE BLAME GAME

Uber blames Checkr and Checkr blames Uber - The latest excuse from Uber is to blame Checkr, claiming the background report has not been completed. However, I've received an email from Checkr, which states "Uber has automatically received a copy of the report". Furthermore, I downloaded a copy of my COMPLETED/CLEARED background check and it states "Consider".

If anyone out there has spent money to meet Uber requirements ( health cert, car inspection etc), and your account has not been activated or deactivated for no apparent reason, please contact me and SAVE any information regarding Uber and Checkr ( chat transcripts, receipts, names of people you spoke with at either company, dates etc.)

See less See more
#9 ·
Based on information available on UBER's website I decided to apply to be an Uber driver. I spent a total of $250.00 for the health certificate, car inspection etc., money I would not have spent otherwise. I have been patiently waiting for MONTHS for my Uber account to be activated.

I have reached out to UBER through live chat, during each chat session I received conflicting information, but I have been assured repeatedly the account would be activated by UBERS " Advanced Support Team " within 24-48 hours. This cycle has repeated for SEVERAL weeks. I have not looked for other employment because I have been patiently waiting for UBER to activate my account, as promised.

Uber blames Checkr and Checkr blames Uber - The latest excuse from Uber is to blame Checkr, claiming the background report has not been completed. However, I've received an email from Checkr, which states "Uber has automatically received a copy of the report". Furthermore, I downloaded a copy of my COMPLETED/CLEARED background check and it states "Consider".

If anyone out there has spent money to meet Uber requirements ( health cert, car inspection etc), and your account has not been activated or deactivated for no apparent reason, please contact me and SAVE any information regarding Uber and Checkr ( chat transcripts, receipts, names of people you spoke with at either company, dates etc.)
You spent 250.00 dollars to drive for uber?

#12 ·
Ummm, NO!

1. A live chat conversation took place between Uber and myself regarding the costs of the items, Uber stated the items must be completed to "active your account". This implied intent to hire
2. Again, the chat conversation implied intent to hire
C. It's the legal teams job to win, and they don't usually take on losing cases.
B. When and if Uber does activate my account, they cannot deactivate without good cause (whistle Blower protection)

#19 ·
Wallricko, I have said nothing derogatory, ignorant, untruthful etc, yet you take pride in posting useless rants.
I can understand why Uber is having difficulty and facing lawsuits, if they employ people such as you.
Myself, I have had the pleasure of meeting some very happy shoppers during my first weekend of being an uber driver.
YEAH!!! I hope my positive impact is on the news instead of all the BS on there now. Merry Christmas!!!

#21 ·
Wallricko, I have said nothing derogatory, ignorant, untruthful etc, yet you take pride in posting useless rants.
I can understand why Uber is having difficulty and facing lawsuits, if they employ people such as you.
Myself, I have had the pleasure of meeting some very happy shoppers during my first weekend of being an uber driver.
YEAH!!! I hope my positive impact is on the news instead of all the BS on there now. Merry Christmas!!!
Hey pot, this kettle....

Reactions: JLA
#20 ·
YADDA...YADDA...YADDA...YAP...YAP..YAP..
DON'T BE HATING
I'd give it 6 weeks before you change your tune. right now, the pings are coming to you. It's well known new people get all the pings so they could get their training period in. Once that's over, good luck finding pings without finding your honey spots. Gonna keep track of your profile to see when your tune changes.

perhaps you should read UberLou thread https://uberpeople.net/threads/okay-i-am-there.48473/

#28 ·

Wow! It's nowhere near that bad here in San Diego, I think it's like a 2 week ordeal, tops. That's all it took for me, and it costs me ZERO. You must live in a sucky state.

#29 ·

I learned many years ago that a pending application is NEVER a gaurantee of anything, and it's wise to continue to look for work until you get the call to "report to work" etc. So, you can blame Uber all you want, and yeah, it sounds like it sucks, but from where I sit, you are the one to blame for your situation. Too bad about the dough, it's not like that in CA, to gig with Uber. I personally wouldn't pay any money unless I got a "report to work" call. Most jobs that have workers pay for stuff, like uniforms, etc., allow a worker to pay after a few paychecks have arrived, and yeah, I'm with you on that point, paying up front sucks, but, I wouldn't have done it, myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.