• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Another BS pax complaint.

Anonymhysa

First was a car accident that never happened.

Now a pax claimed she felt unsafe because she didn't like my route and I was swerving dangerously.

I know who it was because she was the only non-tipper last night.

The route was from Kenton to far SE. (honestly can't remember) Took I5 S, but the I84 onramp was closed. We TALKED about it. I said I could take MLK to 84, would that be ok? She nodded. Fine. So we did.
Then she told me to get off earlier than GPS, and directed me all the way to her house. I never asked her to (I knew where I was going and GPS confirmed it. )

As for swerving, the only thing I can think of is the pothole that would've slammed my axle. I dunno. I'm just irritated because I finally reached a 4.9 and now I'm down to 4.7.

JasonLV23

Got to just love those types eh? That happens to me all the time... I get past 4.90 then I get some paxhole that should be on the bus as they probably always were in the past who gets satisfaction by dominating the ride and they leaving a uncalled for review and a low rating. These jerks will meet their match when they rot in hell one day for ETERNITY!

Jupito

If you let it get to you, this type of thing will never end. You will get blamed for things that didn't happen or aren't your fault, and there will be no reasonable thing you can do to stop it. There's nothing to be learned from it, sometimes life just gives you a raw deal, and you need to be able to see it for what it is and let it go.

Over/Uber

At least you haven’t been deactivated due to a complaint...yet.

How many rides have you given? It sounds like you’re still low in count cuz a low rating really dumped your score.
Post automatically merged:

Got to just love those types eh? ...These jerks will meet their match when they rot in hell one day for ETERNITY!
Woah!! Jump the shark, eh?

JasonLV23

At least you haven’t been deactivated due to a complaint...yet.

How many rides have you given? It sounds like you’re still low in count cuz a low rating really dumped your score.
Post automatically merged:

Woah!! Jump the shark, eh?
4800 on Uber and 2000 on Lyft! 4.88 but I no longer pick up the ones of are notorious for low balling riders and making false accusations! “You get what you give” karma

Over/Uber

Hmmm, something else besides one low rating bombard your score. I have around 3500 U rides and 1500 L rides, a U score of 4.92-4.93 and an L score of 4.98ish. Even the occasional 1 star will drop me only to a high 4.8.

And my question was for the OP, rot in hell boy.

Anonymhysa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part-time driver with 216 rated trips. I spaced out on my OP. Meant 4.89 to 4.87.
Yeah, I'm over it now. Just...ugh. And I know it's gonna happen again.

Driver InPDX

These types of PAX are noticeable 5 minutes into the ride, and by that time you should make a decision to rate em 2/3 stars, citing rudeness or under the influence. I call this "pre-emptive strike", so don't be afraid of hitting them first. By doing so, I am assuming that their complaint and your bad feedback towards PAX cancels out each other.

BlazerFan

I had 3 inebriated passengers that wanted to go through the McDonald’s drive through, we get to the speaker and are informed it’s cash only, the debit system is down, they say fine, they order lots of food, we get to the window, they have no money, only a debit/credit cards they can’t use. Start having a loud
conversation with cashier. I stop it, tell passengers that I am taking them to their destination. Not a NICE ride. Dropped them off and gave them a 2. I am sitting at 500 rides with a 4.91 rating. Immediately drops to 4.90 when they rate me a 2. Such is the life of driving weekend nights.

MedicMan

I had 3 inebriated passengers that wanted to go through the McDonald’s drive through, we get to the speaker and are informed it’s cash only, the debit system is down, they say fine, they order lots of food, we get to the window, they have no money, only a debit/credit cards they can’t use. Start having a loud
conversation with cashier. I stop it, tell passengers that I am taking them to their destination. Not a NICE ride. Dropped them off and gave them a 2. I am sitting at 500 rides with a 4.91 rating. Immediately drops to 4.90 when they rate me a 2. Such is the life of driving weekend nights.
I'm curious. Why did you rate them a 2? I would have rated them a 1. Poor behavior needs to be punished big time. If these folks were to end up with a really low rating they might change their attitude when no one will pick them up or they have been banned from ride sharing.

Also your ratings will not go down immediately unless Uber has changed something. Usually it takes a few days so that you have no idea who gave you the low rating.

Ridesharecaligirl

So do pax know what we rate them?

Nerka

Sometimes, but the ratings are not readily shown to them. If I see the people have low ratings I will actually let them know in a nice way and warn them about the consequences of low ratings- Drivers won't pick you up and Uber/lyft could kick you off the platform.

Ridesharecaligirl

Sometimes, but the ratings are not readily shown to them. If I see the people have low ratings I will actually let them know in a nice way and warn them about the consequences of low ratings- Drivers won't pick you up and Uber/lyft could kick you off the platform.
Yes but do they know what we rate them before they rate us?

MedicMan

Yes but do they know what we rate them before they rate us?
No they don't. But, if they get a low rating and they don't use Uber often they will know where it came from. We don't have that luxury. We haul dozens of people per week and any one of them could give us a low rating and we would be stuck wondering who gave us the low rating.

I encourage rides to give ones to anyone that shouldn't be driving for Uber. Bad drivers make us all look bad.

Ridesharecaligirl

No they don't. But, if they get a low rating and they don't use Uber often they will know where it came from. We don't have that luxury. We haul dozens of people per week and any one of them could give us a low rating and we would be stuck wondering who gave us the low rating.

I encourage rides to give ones to anyone that shouldn't be driving for Uber. Bad drivers make us all look bad.
I’m in LA where people are a lot more particular about ratings nevertheless I still have a good rating. Looking forward to trying Portland in a week.

Mista T

Author
Let us know when you get settled in, maybe we can put together another group meet up.

But watch out for Nerka, he likes to bring his Service Alligator along.

:smiles: