Another BS accusation

DopeyDaDriver

"Smelled like" OK, so I'm 1000 rides or so in, never had a prob with a pax, ever, and get some BS they smelled alcohol line... 99% of pax smell like something.

Its total crap and there is no judge or jury, just the axe.

I was kinda looking forward to this weekend, looking at football needs, hurricane evacs, etc.

Walmart greeter looking better and better.

Jimster

It just happened to me! I log on to find my account is suspended for 48 hours pending an investigation because someone said I was impaired last night. WTF? Nothing happened last night. Six XL trips without incident. I'm guessing the college kids who booked a ride to Suntrust on a 3X surge wants their $75 refunded so they make this shit up. So now I am [email protected] for a good weekend full of Floridians wanting to get out. Thanks deadbeats!

Jimster

Lyft won't let you drive XL exclusively. Driving for X or the Lyft equivalent is PAYING money to drive. No offense but I can do math. No really. I have two degrees I'm not using to prove it. LOL!

The Gift of Fish

I got reinstated in about 24 hours... no explanation, nothing, just turned it back on.
Uber knows that they have a problem with false reports from riders, due to their policy of dropping their pants and bending over whenever a pax complains. They know many pax lie, so I think that this is becoming a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. They will still suspend us when pax bullshit them, but they seem to be placing less weight on the complaints than before.

NHDriver

We need to start false reporting on pax during surge as a preemptive strike. any 2.1x or greater, immediately call support and file an issue on your trip stating you felt unsafe, pax was vulgar and rude, pax got naked and told you to look, pax blew his nose on your seat belt, pax cut his toe nails and left clippings, w/e you can think of in self defense. Of course they won't ban the pax they just won't pair you with that person anymore. the sword is duller when it comes to pax.

Last edited:

DopeyDaDriver

check this out.... and then someone give me smelling salts as I fainted :smiles:

A MESSAGE FROM UBER

Hi xxxxxx,

Good news. As you may know, we’ve reactivated your account and you’re all set to get back on the road.
As a courtesy for your patience during this review process, we are going to deposit an extra courtesy payment of $100 in your account. This will be listed on your Earnings Tab in the app within the next 24 hours.
Thank you for driving with Uber. Your support helps us ensure the safety of all drivers and riders on the app.

Best,
Devashish

NHDriver

check this out.... and then someone give me smelling salts as I fainted :smiles:

A MESSAGE FROM UBER

Hi xxxxxx,

Good news. As you may know, we’ve reactivated your account and you’re all set to get back on the road.
As a courtesy for your patience during this review process, we are going to deposit an extra courtesy payment of $100 in your account. This will be listed on your Earnings Tab in the app within the next 24 hours.
Thank you for driving with Uber. Your support helps us ensure the safety of all drivers and riders on the app.

Best,
Devashish
Wow!!!!!!!! Is this new? Is Uber reimbursing drivers when falsely accused now? Grats man!!!!!! Maybe not as much as you would have made but $100 without any expense is better than nothing!!!

Telsa34

Uber knows that they have a problem with false reports from riders, due to their policy of dropping their pants and bending over whenever a pax complains. They know many pax lie, so I think that this is becoming a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. They will still suspend us when pax bullshit them, but they seem to be placing less weight on the complaints than before.

What's truly sad about this whole situation is yes passengers routinely make false accusations of drivers for whatever reasons no reason is justification for someone to lose their means of earning a living. So in the cases where uber turns it back on after a couple days it's their responsibility to complete an investigation and if they find that the accusations were false then that passenger should have his privileges revoked immediately.

The Gift of Fish

What's truly sad about this whole situation is yes passengers routinely make false accusations of drivers for whatever reasons no reason is justification for someone to lose their means of earning a living. So in the cases where uber turns it back on after a couple days it's their responsibility to complete an investigation and if they find that the accusations were false then that passenger should have his privileges revoked immediately.
Yes, but there is obviously a conflict of interest at work here because the pax gives Uber money, and for a company such as Uber which is not restricted by the constraints of morals or ethics, that conflict is too much for them to deal with correctly. Things should be different, but they're not.

jtc291980

Damn... the fact that they gave you $100 preemptively makes me think you probably do have grounds for legal action(not that it's worth your time). Uber D was right.

Good to know they're at least concerned about pax pulling this B.S.

Raven087

A MESSAGE FROM UBER

Hi xxxxxx,

Best,
Devashish

That was quick. You think they contacted other passengers that night and asked for a review of you?

I've always found that when Devavish handles my inquiries, I will be treated fairly. Good person.

DopeyDaDriver

Just amazed at the outcome. I started in Jan this year and found this forum. Not that its been the "way', but it has made me not feel like I'm alone. I constantly try to tell you all how much I appreciate you all. And everyday there's a new one and every day someone else finds a "real job" ,lol

I appreciate this forum because we can at least let one another know what we're dealing with.... and I think that's worth something!