Another Bill being voted on in Trenton

Do you Welcome fingerprinting or do you oppose it?

• I want fingerprinting in the bill.

• No, I do not want to be fingerprinted!

Results are only viewable after voting.

JerseyBoy911

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please post your thoughts on this. Let's try to be civil though.

The drivers there the last time were totally misinformed and were just all about being able to be their own boss. No clue that even chasing surge, your not making much. The Uber Kool-aid was in full effect... is it too much to say that it is possible some of them are paid to travel down to Trenton.

I have a feeling that their thinking is:
It is so easy to join, no interview, no car inspection and work when ever you want. That is the trade off... pay me whatever you want and I will work as long as I'm not told when to work and I will wear a black Uber shirt, shout and proclaim Uber's awesomeness! Forgetting that we make squat and will soon be replaced by machines!

NJRed

What is the big deal about fingerprinting, the cost? Uber should eat this if a prospective driver is cleared and make the would-be driver eat it when they are turned down. They make enough off the driver to eat the cost. And the turned down driver most likely knew he would be turned down.

If it is not the cost, there is no reason to fight this. All it really does is make sure the prospective driver is not trying to trick the system by having a fake identity to hide their pedophile or whatever past. They shouldn't be trusted to drive people.

It is almost stupid Uber is fighting this. At worst its suspicious. If they have reservations about what kinds of things would disqualify a driver, they should negotiate this with the state. The problem is Uber is a machine. They are a pile of algorithms. If they can't build things into their algos, in their "mind" it cannot exist. They cannot think outside the box. They are THE box.

JerseyBoy911

What is the big deal about fingerprinting, the cost?
Well i believe it is because if you have to get fingerprinted to do anything you are going to get compensated for, you are more of an employee than a contractor.

Also, lots of drivers will not get fingerprinted, some drivers have criminal records or are illegal so they will be like "screw that". Some drivers will be too lazy to go get them. Hell, i cant hardly get people to come out for a mentor session! let alone have them go to a office to get fingerprinted!

Point being, Uber will lose drivers or have to deal with another reason for drivers to say "We are employees not contractors".

They have already said that if the bill has finger printing, that they will leave the state. This is where the black shirt Uber drivers come in and get angry when I talk bad about Uber. They seriously wanted to like hit me. God i wish they would have. Guy with an Uber shirt hitting me caught on camera... because that won't make Uber look bad. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Exit67

Riders tell me about creepy/bad drivers all the time. Fingerprinting won't weed out all the miscreants but it will take out the worst of them.

Skyhakw2472

Well i believe it is because if you have to get fingerprinted to do anything you are going to get compensated for, you are more of an employee than a contractor.
It all depends on the company. I am an independent contractor for my day job and they required finger printing when I started nearly 4 years ago. I have no problems with finger printing and as you can see by your poll results it looks like everyone thus far is in favor as well. It's just silly that Uber fights it. Yes you're right, if they require fingerprinting they will have to pay more, and they should.

JerseyBoy911

I have no problems with finger printing and as you can see by your poll results it looks like everyone thus far is in favor.
Damn, wish you guys could be here, last time there were a ton of drivers here that would disagree with us lol

Last edited:
Reactions: njn

Skyhakw2472

Damn, wish you guys could be here... there are a ton of drivers here that would disagree with us lol
Why am I not surprised. Most of those fools must be driving for only a short time. Seems like anyone driving for more than 6 months knows much better. I just don't understand why the fight against fingerprinting. I agree with PorkRoll that if NY and Taxi and Limo has to be printed we should be as well. For those that don't want to be printed then limit them to 2 rides a day, one to work and one from work. Then let the passengers know who has been fingerprinted and who hasn't.

Alex12

Also, lots of drivers will not get fingerprinted, some drivers have criminal records or are illegal so they will be like "screw that". Some drivers will be too lazy to go get them. Hell, i cant hardly get people to come out for a mentor session! let alone have them go to a office to get fingerprinted!

Point being, Uber will lose drivers or have to deal with another reason for drivers to say "We are employees not contractors".

They have already said that if the bill has finger printing, that they will leave the state. This is where the black shirt Uber drivers come in and get angry when I talk bad about Uber. They seriously wanted to like hit me. God i wish they would have. Guy with an Uber shirt hitting me caught on camera... because that won't make Uber look bad. :rolleyes:
As far as I know in the state of NJ illegal people CAN T apply for a driver license. Same with NY.

JerseyBoy911

Why am I not surprised. Most of those fools must be driving for only a short time. Seems like anyone driving for more than 6 months knows much better.
Nope, there are some veteran drivers. Most working for over a year for Uber. One lady i seen before in Morristown was yelling at me for talking bad about Uber. Wouldnt let me speak. Just kept shouting about how she made $800 in just 21 hours. Which any livery driver would laugh at that price.

JerseyBoy911

So i show up to this thing, no one is there. I was about 15mins late but they hardly ever start on time.

Called my guy on the assembly and even he was surprised. He checked and the website said the session was completed?! :confused:

Shady as all helll

Will find out soon if it was passed or not...

JerseyBoy911

As far as I know in the state of NJ illegal people CAN T apply for a driver license. Same with NY.
There are ways around it. I seen many Washington state or Oregon DL that looked easy to copy. They also use fake socials from what I hear

just uberX

Nope, there are some veteran drivers. Most working for over a year for Uber. One lady i seen before in Morristown was yelling at me for talking bad about Uber. Wouldnt let me speak. Just kept shouting about how she made $800 in just 21 hours. Which any livery driver would laugh at that price.
800 in just 21 hour?? Lmao is that during Christmas eve or new years eve? ? That's just a once or twice a year thing...these days u gotta hustle hard to make 500 in 21 hours ...and subtract tolls and gas and taxes and see how much your really left with ...you should've put her on the spot and ask if she make 800 in 21 hour every week lol.....I've ran into these kinda drivers from time to time ... is just best to laugh and walk away. Pointless to argue with the clueless drivers .

Skyhakw2472

Totally speechless then :smiles: I don't know what to think anymore. You would think that those drivers that suffered through 2 price cuts would know better. 800 in 21 hours seems nice, but that isn't all the time. $40 an hour you can't keep that up at 85 cents a mile, unless you are utilized every minute of every hour and going 60 mph, ok, now I've heard it all.

JerseyBoy911

She was like " dont tell me about .85 cents a mile! I know how to work the system!! if you know the system you can work it!a I know my numbers so dont you tell me anything, i know my numbers!" Serious rant, no word in edge wise.. just loud.. all proudly wearing thar black Uber shirt.

All the while, the baggy pants dude with the flat brim cap circling me talking about how Uber is the best! Dont talk bad about Uber!

This was all last week, not today.

just uberX

She was like " dont tell me about .85 cents a mile! I know how to work the system!! if you know the system you can work it!a I know my numbers so dont you tell me anything, i know my numbers!" Serious rant, no word in edge wise.. just loud.. all proudly wearing thar black Uber shirt.

All the while, the baggy pants dude with the flat brim cap circling me talking about how Uber is the best! Dont talk bad about Uber!

This was all last week, not today.
Jerseyboi...Lol you can't argue with stupid. For all we know ...these folks might got somethng extra to speak good things about Uber lol ....and know how to work the system huh?? Lmao.....more like they got their system worked by Uber .