Annual vehicle check ... do I have to wait for them to call?

Lonesome Hobo

Guys,
Sitting around the 1 year mark as driver so I'm in the zone for renewal for some of the annual documentation.
And with 5 days to go for my driving history check renewal - which Uber does - they took me offline and it was pretty much a nightmare trying to contact them about it (as anyone who's dealt with Uber's 1st level support knows). Lost about three days/nights unable to go online while we to-and-fro'd about it.

So.. my vehicle check comes up in a few weeks and if I don't do something about it proactively, I just know they will mess me around and keep me offline while buggerizing around.
What exactly happens with the vehicle check? Can I initiate it by making an appointment or do I have to wait for them to ping me about it?

ubermercury

Thanks gents...
Guys,
Sitting around the 1 year mark as driver so I'm in the zone for renewal for some of the annual documentation.
And with 5 days to go for my driving history check renewal - which Uber does - they took me offline and it was pretty much a nightmare trying to contact them about it (as anyone who's dealt with Uber's 1st level support knows). Lost about three days/nights unable to go online while we to-and-fro'd about it.

So.. my vehicle check comes up in a few weeks and if I don't do something about it proactively, I just know they will mess me around and keep me offline while buggerizing around.
What exactly happens with the vehicle check? Can I initiate it by making an appointment or do I have to wait for them to ping me about it?

If you have DA - which is compulsory, you don't need to bother about your driver history renewal. The DA is for three years and covers that.

Lonesome Hobo

If you have DA - which is compulsory, you don't need to bother about your driver history renewal. The DA is for three years and covers that.

Sigh. Wish I'd known that the DA obviates the history check. I've had my DA from day 1 - but it took 3 days and multiple queries usintg their infernal help mechanism - and escalation - for them to come back and say 'oh we're sorry, we see that you have a DA so...etc'