• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Angry uberpool rider sunday night

Inshur

K.O.N.Y

It's not the cheap passengers. You disrespect yourself by picking up pool. Uber gets a bigger cut from the chain of your pool rides that you give while counting everything for you as 1 trip. UBER ON.
Uber never counted my pool rides
Disclaimer.. long post, tried to summarize.
I had a crazy one on pool that I kicked out of my car. Caucasian girl corporate like type from Greenwich area going to the UWS. After I refused to yield to her request that we ignore a ping that was gonna put us in some traffic she started getting crazy. Picked up my 2nd rider, whom I had difficulty trying to explain to him to cross the street to get us on the SW corner of the street. On entering the car, the girl asked him "don't you understand where south west is? Like how stupid can some people be?"... I told her to be respectful of other passengers and not adress them that way! Then she turned her anger on me! I told her to either be respectful or we end the ride there since she was making my driving difficult with all her noises! Earlier on the ride after seeing my name on my Tlc license she had asked where I was from, told her and she was like oh nice! Blah blah blah. Pretending to be nice.. Now that she was mad that I told her I would stop the car and end her rid, she said to me "Let me out here! But rest assured that I'll make your life a living hell and ship you back to Africa where you came from!" Told my other passager btw he was Indian that he smelled of curry and garlic. I ended her ride and moved on! I wrote Uber to report her.... but still I got fined $250 fine by TLC for refusal of service by kicking her out. Yes.. she reported to Tlc that I kicked her out.. I never got an option to tell them what happened. My options were plead guilty and pay fine or appear in court to challenge the charges. Realized I was gonna waste my valuable time and might not win since I didn't have video or audio recordings to back me up. I forgot to ask the other passenger for his contacts in case I needed a witness. I opted to plead guilty and pay up instead of going to a hearing which we know it's quite hard to win! Two weeks later I narrated this story to a guy I was driving. You know these riders that come into your car with some great positive vibes! A really nice guy.. asked my experience driving Uber.. my good and bad.. told him about this incident and on dropping him he gave me a cash tip of $300.

Now I always call 911 if there is a problem, and record everything, only police can get them out of your car. Trust me Tlc doesn't have your back even if the passenger is messing or even attacking you. Only a police report will help you.
The funny thing is I see people on this forum talking about "ghetto people" and "bad areas" but its the well dressed corporate types that give drivers the most trouble...they are VERY entitled

For the trip
0 stars... like 1 star!! Rating was the last thing on my mind!! Didn't care.. was relieved she was out of my car! I was paid for the trip though..

The funny thing is I see people on this forum talking about "ghetto people" and "bad areas" but its the well dressed corporate types that give drivers the most trouble...they are VERY entitled
True!!

FuberNYC

or beats the chit out of you with a flashlight

UberKilledMyMarriage

Ha-ha-ha., I got very similar story, but not driver, but ..! passenger side..
I took uber pool Monday night because it's was short ride and I has some promotional that cover exact price for pool ride..
but when I get inside car the drama started..
Firstly middle east driver was very unfriendly, so I decided not talk with him..and when he got ping from another pool become just under control...
It's was girl and when he get into car he just lock passenger door and get out outside and started running around car, pretend to check tires. ..the girl was really scared and just looking at me ...
When he got into car just started speeding like crazy about 40mh in 25mph speeding zone. ..
He really looks like mentally unstable individual so I decide to get outfrom car at first red light and when car stop he get out too and open me door like in Hollywood or Bollywood movie...
Crazy experience, honestly wanna know this girl get home safe with this crazy driver..:smiles:)
UBER/LYFT Drivers(of this Forum)who choose Pool/Line as a RIDER are S....

Nempire

Yeah well at least the corporates will pay in the taxi the ghetto people will take u to hood area sometimes greatly under pay with dirty or lousy bills and coins and leave a horrible feeling for you after and then you might get Bushwicked and have 4 ghetto members enter your car from all doors and front seat and then well you are @@@@ed.

K.O.N.Y

Yeah well at least the corporates will pay in the taxi the ghetto people will take u to hood area sometimes greatly under pay with dirty or lousy bills and coins and leave a horrible feeling for you after and then you might get Bushwicked and have 4 ghetto members enter your car from all doors and front seat and then well you are &%$@!*ed.
Sounds like a personal problem...You sould immediately go to tlc and tell them exactly how you feel

Dannyyellowcab

Yeah well at least the corporates will pay in the taxi the ghetto people will take u to hood area sometimes greatly under pay with dirty or lousy bills and coins and leave a horrible feeling for you after and then you might get Bushwicked and have 4 ghetto members enter your car from all doors and front seat and then well you are &%$@!*ed.
And rape and tape you in some basement ....lol

Frankyfiggs

Do what you have to to protect yourself and your vehicle before you consider doing any ride.if you don't protect yourself how can you protect your pax?

More to say if something is not right or you get a bad feeling gtfo.