• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Angry uberpool rider sunday night

Inshur

Burkinbila77

Sunday night I kick out an uber pool rider from my car.
My trip began in the Bronx and first drop off was 161 St and St Nicholas and the last drop off shall be Broadway and 168th st.
The second rider started shouting at me why I do not drop her first as her destination is one block down .

Kindly I try to explain that it is not me driver who decides the order of drop off. She become more verbally violent and at this point and I told her you want cheap ride you have to follow the policy or next time request uberX. I order her to get out of my car because I do not feel comfortable to drive her anymore.
She told me that she won't get out and I grab my phone and start calling 911 then she opened the door and fled.
I reported immediately the incident trough my app to uber .
I will never allow any passenger to disrespect me for no reason.

I was expecting uber to desactived my account but nothing happened.

Brooklyn

Do not tell them that they are being cheap for ordering pool. That's grounds for deactivation. Just end the ride and tell the person to get out of the car. Always keep calm.over 5000 trips and never got physical. Now here is my question why do you do pool?
Yea.. not worth arguing with customers.. especially if they are petty and call the TLC.. don't lose your job over an argument or two.. if you can just cancel.

simtex78

Ha-ha-ha., I got very similar story, but not driver, but ..! passenger side..
I took uber pool Monday night because it's was short ride and I has some promotional that cover exact price for pool ride..
but when I get inside car the drama started..
Firstly middle east driver was very unfriendly, so I decided not talk with him..and when he got ping from another pool become just under control...
It's was girl and when he get into car he just lock passenger door and get out outside and started running around car, pretend to check tires. ..the girl was really scared and just looking at me ...
When he got into car just started speeding like crazy about 40mh in 25mph speeding zone. ..
He really looks like mentally unstable individual so I decide to get outfrom car at first red light and when car stop he get out too and open me door like in Hollywood or Bollywood movie...
Crazy experience, honestly wanna know this girl get home safe with this crazy driver..:smiles:)

staytune

I had an similar incident with lyft line, pick up a women on Broadway and Queens Blvd going to the bronx in the morning rush hour, just before getting on the tri boro brige another ping to get off the exit to pick up another pax from 28 ave 46 street astoria going to newtown high school, after the second one got off, the first one start complaining saying that she can't believe she spend half hour in the car and still in queens and lyft is charging her $30, she is not going to use lyft anymore. I told her next time if you are in a rush, use regular lyft instead, with lyft line or uber pool, you save money but actually you ae paying with your time. you are not going to win and there are no way costing you $30 for this trip. $45 is probably what you will need to pay.

HerbyHerb

It's not the cheap passengers. You disrespect yourself by picking up pool. Uber gets a bigger cut from the chain of your pool rides that you give while counting everything for you as 1 trip. UBER ON.

tohunt4me

Sunday night I kick out an uber pool rider from my car. My trip began in the Bronx and first drop off was 161 St and St Nicholas and the last drop off shall be Broadway and 168th st. The second rider started shouting at me why I do not drop her first as her destination is one block down . Kindly I try to explain that it is not me driver who decides the order of drop off. She become more verbally violent and at this point and I told her you want cheap ride you have to follow the policy or next time request uberX. I order her to get out of my car because I do not feel comfortable to drive her anymore. She told me that she won't get out and I grab my phone and start calling 911 then she opened the door and fled. I reported immediately the incident trough my app to uber . I will never allow any passenger to disrespect me for no reason. I was expecting uber to desactived my account but nothing happened.
It's not the cheap passengers. You disrespect yourself by picking up pool. Uber gets a bigger cut from the chain of your pool rides that you give while counting everything for you as 1 trip. UBER ON.
" And another one down,and another one goneANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST !"

Attachments

uberxnyc1

Yea.. not worth arguing with customers.. especially if they are petty and call the TLC.. don't lose your job over an argument or two.. if you can just cancel.
Everybody has to have a camera in the car for this kind of instances. Generally speaking, if they are going to call TLC, they will call anyway no matter how polite you were, your politeness doesn't change anything. At least with camera you can prove what happened inside the car

My trip began in the Bronx and first drop off was 161 St and St Nicholas and the last drop off shall be Broadway and 168th st.
The second rider started shouting at me why I do not drop her first as her destination is one block down .

Kindly I try to explain that it is not me driver who decides the order of drop off. She become more verbally violent and at this point and I told her you want cheap ride you have to follow the policy or next time request uberX. I order her to get out of my car because I do not feel comfortable to drive her anymore.
She told me that she won't get out and I grab my phone and start calling 911 then she opened the door and fled.

My question is what are you doing on the north side of 130th st? I never go there

Disclaimer.. long post, tried to summarize.
I had a crazy one on pool that I kicked out of my car. Caucasian girl corporate like type from Greenwich area going to the UWS. After I refused to yield to her request that we ignore a ping that was gonna put us in some traffic she started getting crazy. Picked up my 2nd rider, whom I had difficulty trying to explain to him to cross the street to get us on the SW corner of the street. On entering the car, the girl asked him "don't you understand where south west is? Like how stupid can some people be?"... I told her to be respectful of other passengers and not adress them that way! Then she turned her anger on me! I told her to either be respectful or we end the ride there since she was making my driving difficult with all her noises! Earlier on the ride after seeing my name on my Tlc license she had asked where I was from, told her and she was like oh nice! Blah blah blah. Pretending to be nice.. Now that she was mad that I told her I would stop the car and end her rid, she said to me "Let me out here! But rest assured that I'll make your life a living hell and ship you back to Africa where you came from!" Told my other passager btw he was Indian that he smelled of curry and garlic. I ended her ride and moved on! I wrote Uber to report her.... but still I got fined $250 fine by TLC for refusal of service by kicking her out. Yes.. she reported to Tlc that I kicked her out.. I never got an option to tell them what happened. My options were plead guilty and pay fine or appear in court to challenge the charges. Realized I was gonna waste my valuable time and might not win since I didn't have video or audio recordings to back me up. I forgot to ask the other passenger for his contacts in case I needed a witness. I opted to plead guilty and pay up instead of going to a hearing which we know it's quite hard to win! Two weeks later I narrated this story to a guy I was driving. You know these riders that come into your car with some great positive vibes! A really nice guy.. asked my experience driving Uber.. my good and bad.. told him about this incident and on dropping him he gave me a cash tip of $300.

Now I always call 911 if there is a problem, and record everything, only police can get them out of your car. Trust me Tlc doesn't have your back even if the passenger is messing or even attacking you. Only a police report will help you.

FuberNYC

Haven't you guys learned to not pick up POOL/LINE reading these forums by now?
I had a crazy one on pool that I kicked out of my car. Caucasian girl corporate like type from Greenwich area going to the UWS. After I refused to yield to her request that we ignore a ping that was gonna put us in some traffic she started getting crazy. Picked up my 2nd rider, whom I had difficulty trying to explain to him to cross the street to get us on the SW corner of the street. On entering the car, the girl asked him "don't you understand where south west is? Like how stupid can some people be?"... I told her to be respectful of other passengers and not adress them that way! Then she turned her anger on me! I told her to either be respectful or we end the ride there since she was making my driving difficult with all her noises! Earlier on the ride after seeing my name on my Tlc license she had asked where I was from, told her and she was like oh nice! Blah blah blah. Pretending to be nice.. Now that she was mad that I told her I would stop the car and end her rid, she said to me "Let me out here! But rest assured that I'll make your life a living hell and ship you back to Africa where you came from!" Told my other passager btw he was Indian that he smelled of curry and garlic. I ended her ride and moved on! I wrote Uber to report her.... but still I got fined $250 fine by TLC for refusal of service by kicking her out. Yes.. she reported to Tlc that I kicked her out.. I never got an option to tell them what happened. My options were plead guilty and pay fine or appear in court to challenge the charges. Realized I was gonna waste my valuable time and might not win since I didn't have video or audio recordings to back me up. I forgot to ask the other passenger for his contacts in case I needed a witness. I opted to plead guilty and pay up instead of going to a hearing which we know it's quite hard to win! Two weeks later I narrated this story to a guy I was driving. You know these riders that come into your car with some great positive vibes! A really nice guy.. asked my experience driving Uber.. my good and bad.. told him about this incident and on dropping him he gave me a cash tip of $300.

Now I always call 911 if there is a problem, and record everything, only police can get them out of your car. Trust me Tlc doesn't have your back even if the passenger is messing or even attacking you. Only a police report will help you.
Haven't you guys learned to not pick up POOL/LINE reading these forums by now?
It never ends nicely and you are getting ripped off by these rideshare companies

That was November last year when Uber was giving 65$ per hour to do pool in Manhattan from 6am to 10am and 4pm to 8pm. So I took it and actually made some decent money. Now I've been ignoring pools and it has taken a toll on my acceptance rate

Attachments

Last edited:

simtex78

Everybody has to have a camera in the car for this kind of instances. Generally speaking, if they are going to call TLC, they will call anyway no matter how polite you were, your politeness doesn't change anything. At least with camera you can prove what happened inside the car

My question is what are you doing on the north side of 130th st? I never go there
@Five stars
My own strong regulation prohibited me pick up any ping north of 90 str @

Uberman8263

Just curious. How many stars?

Frankyfiggs

Right.its not pool that sucks,its the bronx that sucks.there are plenty of places where pool is "ok" but the bronx and manhattan aint then

JustDre

Had a similar situation except she decided to smoke weed in my car with a vape. I reported it to uber and sent dashcam video. They tell me they don't tolerate it and she will be banned from uber ....who's to say shell use a different card lol