Angry pax

AdamAnt

The other day, I was pulling up to a pax and didn't see him waving as i was more concerned about oncoming traffic. He apparently wanted me to have positioned myself to go down an alley and since I missed that indication, he started to storm over to my car shaking his head. I already saw what was about to come of it, so just as he was about to my door, I pulled off and canceled the ride. Holy shit, I laughed about it the rest of the night. Aside from the low rating I was about to receive, I was in no mood to get laid into. Anyone else have a similar story? Such satisfaction.

EddieG

Back when the pit wasn't like Wal Mart on black Friday I had a pick up at O'hare. I think his name was Tim or something. Anyway, I'm sitting there waiting for him between the signs like we are supposed to. I sent him a text, no answer. I called him, went to voicemail. He finally hunts me down and yells at me saying " Didn't you see me over there waving my hands!!!!". I had to remind him that I've NEVER seen him in my life and have no idea what he looks like, he didn't answer my call nor my text and if I pick you up out of the rideshare zone the meter maids love to write us tickets. Needless to say, I didn't say a word the entire trip to Tinley Park while he bragged about how he was the co inventor of beanie babies. I dropped him off at a cheap apartment complex somewhere and realized this guys life is probably miserable as hell and he is angry at the world.

Alleys are a huge no no for me, either p/u or d/o, it’s not only very shady looking, I don’t want a flat tire from a broken bottle being smashed on the side of a building. Only way i use alleys is to get away fast from an event.

AdamAnt

Riders can’t rate you if you canceled the ride.
Exactly, which is why I preempted that from happening. Made it even more satisfying that he couldn't give me a ding!
Post automatically merged:

Alleys are a huge no no for me, either p/u or d/o, it’s not only very shady looking, I don’t want a flat tire from a broken bottle being smashed on the side of a building. Only way i use alleys is to get away fast from an event.
I learned to avoid alleys early on. In the beginning, I thought I would be penalized for deviating from the route shown on the app. Then after some construction blocks, I saw that it wasn't an issue. I now use my knowledge of the grid to navigate more than anything else with a touch of Waze for traffic alerts. Alleys for me now? Not an effing chance!