Anecdotal tipping experience with Amazon employees

Fuges

So I've had about 400 pax, I get tips about 15-20% of the time (that doesn't matter). I'm guessing about 25% of my riders have been Amazon employees - I have never, NOT ONCE, picked up or dropped off in Amazonville and received a tip form the pax. Not a single time.

Just sayin'...

DexNex

I'm guessing

So basically you just pulled some numbers out of your own ass.

DexNex

How are we to give you a thoughtful response when your content was not a thoughtful post? That is the whole point. I get tipped at Amazon all the time. You are a victim of your own confirmation bias on a small number of trips. You are seeing what you want to see through a very small lens.

Fuges

How are we to give you a thoughtful response when your content was not a thoughtful post? That is the whole point. I get tipped at Amazon all the time. You are a victim of your own confirmation bias on a small number of trips. You are seeing what you want to see through a very small lens.
My post was not thoughtful? That's silly. I clearly indicated it was anecdotal - maybe a small number in comparison to some, but I thought it interesting that when people rip on pool riders and my tip percentage is infinitely higher (truly because Amazon is 0%) then I think it's a legit post.

Had you just responded initially and said " I've been driving in Seattle for X trips and I find Amazon folks tip well - keep at they'll come through" - that would have been a reasons where I could engage with you and respect you.

I'm glad you get tips from Amazon folks, that's encouraging. Don't really maintain that they tip as well or better than the rest?
Post automatically merged:

Did you really though? If someone admits to their own stupidity, then calling them out for their stupidity defeats the purpose.
good point

Seattle_my_beloved

Seattle page wasn't like this before. It was always full of jokes and naughtiness and funny gifs. New posters were encouraged and guided. What has gone wrong with this page? Not only it is dead quite like never before, and whatever posts are made are kind of negative and confronting. I think I wouldn't blame them, drivers in general are pretty pissed and frustrated these days. Morever this page has lost some of its superstar posters, with only a few left.
Chill people, that's all that I can say.

Captainfantasitc SG8

This doesn't make sense and isn't accurate. I actually have about the same tip rate for pool riders as regular rides. They definitely tip more than Amazon employees.
Oh so you are telling me that with the sample size of 400 riders your anecdotal data/stats are true. Good luck with the stools then I guess
And to be clear I am not saying amazon rides are the best but thanks for making the Uber community a better place :smiles:

@DexNex the 90% season is in full swing. ?

DexNex

Pro Tip to the newbies:

Daily commuters, as a whole, are not a group that tips well. It's not an Amazon specific thing.

Another Pro Tip to the newbies:

If you are doing ride share in Seattle, and you are not a fan of Amazon... well it may be time to look for another line of work.

Last edited:

Fuges

I can validate everything I've said. I admit the sample size is small but I can validate it. I get decent tips from pool riders and none from Amazon. You cannot tell me I don't. You might be ight and that after I have more experience I'll see that change as the sample size increases, but right now I can validate everything I've said.

DexNex

Over 10K trips over 5 years.
4.99 Uber
5.00 Lyft
Record Week of over $8K.

But I am just "pro" and scared of anyone with a car and bitter.

Ok.

Last edited:

Fuges

I'm not doing this to make a living, fortunately. But either way, I'm certain I'd still be driving my POS 2019 Insight and be enjoying every mile of it. It's my office and I want to enjoy it and not be bitter like you. Compared to my Mini I was driving I'm saving a crapload in gas and I can justify it easily. Sure if I drove an old Prius I could also justify it more strongly, but I didn't want a Prius. I wanted a credit I like with new tech. I drive a lot of personal miles as well so I'm very comfortable with my car decision. But you go enjoy what works for you - I get it.

Captainfantasitc SG8

Oh and yeah about the car shit talking
I have 2014 BMW 750li too but I am smart enough to not drive my nice car into the dirt unlike someone who bought a brand new car(Honda Insight ??) to drive for uber
Maintenance for the Prius, $1500 in the last 2 years, and good luck with the brand new asset that will go onto dirt the next year. Where as my used Toyota I got it in exchange of pennies.

Captainfantasitc SG8

Why are we arguing? Amazon both blows and sucks in equal measure like a good little @@@@@ does. Do I need to share my weed with you all? It's called God's Gift, a high THC indica, and it will chill you out. I'm thicc with the Lord.
Ahh, I couldn't sleep, nothing else seemed more interesting, ehh.
I could really use some whiskey. Haven't had a drink in ages, maybe that's why?

K-pax

Pro Tip to the newbies:

Daily commuters, as a whole, are not a group that tips well. It's not an Amazon specific thing.

Another Pro Tip to the newbies:

If you are doing ride share in Seattle, and you are not a fan of Amazon... well it may be time to look for another line of work.

The state of WA is about to introduce a bill into the Legislature to change the name of the state from Washington to Bezos. If they open a second campus in the east, they will change it to Bezos DC. Just you watch.

Go to sleep now, newbie! Some are high on whiskey right now and some high on hashish. Talk in the morning when everyone is sober :wink:
I will take a break as well.
Hashish and whiskey was me last night. Lol No fighting for me, though. Had great news and was celebrating.