And then this happened...

Just Another Uber Drive

I had not planned on driving last night as I had a small medical procedure scheduled this morning which I needed to rest up for, but I was a little bit nervous about it as there is some rehabilitation involved which always hurts and it is going to make it difficult for me to do much for a week or so. If this works as intended I won't have to use a cane going forward. In 2010 they said they'd have to take the leg. Then they said I'd never walk again. Now I may not even require a cane. Never give up hope. Never quit trying. These doctors aren't all knowing, they just think they are. The human body has amazing recuperative powers.

So better to go drive and earn some cash while I can rather than set home and worry needlessly. So I get my act together and head on out. I try to go online and it tells me to log in. I try and am rejected. I try again, and again. No success. I hit the portal and no success there either. I try the usual methods up to and including complete delete and reinstall of the app. No luck. So I contact support and they tell me they have no record of me. Nothing. No account. No car. No phone number. I've been erased. Earnings for Monday forward all gone as well.

I'd try and fight this further but really I don't see any point in it as next week they'll just pull something else. It's just not worth dealing with the constant account issues they throw at me literally every f-ing week or two.

I may still do some Lyft driving but I'm unsure if it's worth my time going forward. So I'm out.

Final stats are 1 year 3 months, 2271 rides, 4.92 rating... and 1 stolen paycheck.

I'll no doubt still read here for awhile, but for all intents and purposes this is a goodbye. Thanks for all the great info, hints, tips and sharing of your experiences over the last year.

Take care everybody. Good luck with your Ubering and I hope the summer continues to be a profitable one for all of you. My gift to you all is one less IE driver to compete with. :smiles:

UberReallySucks

I had not planned on driving last night as I had a small medical procedure scheduled this morning which I needed to rest up for, but I was a little bit nervous about it as there is some rehabilitation involved which always hurts and it is going to make it difficult for me to do much for a week or so. If this works as intended I won't have to use a cane going forward. In 2010 they said they'd have to take the leg. Then they said I'd never walk again. Now I may not even require a cane. Never give up hope. Never quit trying. These doctors aren't all knowing, they just think they are. The human body has amazing recuperative powers.

So better to go drive and earn some cash while I can rather than set home and worry needlessly. So I get my act together and head on out. I try to go online and it tells me to log in. I try and am rejected. I try again, and again. No success. I hit the portal and no success there either. I try the usual methods up to and including complete delete and reinstall of the app. No luck. So I contact support and they tell me they have no record of me. Nothing. No account. No car. No phone number. I've been erased. Earnings for Monday forward all gone as well.

I'd try and fight this further but really I don't see any point in it as next week they'll just pull something else. It's just not worth dealing with the constant account issues they throw at me literally every f-ing week or two.

I may still do some Lyft driving but I'm unsure if it's worth my time going forward. So I'm out.

Final stats are 1 year 3 months, 2271 rides, 4.92 rating... and 1 stolen paycheck.

I'll no doubt still read here for awhile, but for all intents and purposes this is a goodbye. Thanks for all the great info, hints, tips and sharing of your experiences over the last year.

Take care everybody. Good luck with your Ubering and I hope the summer continues to be a profitable one for all of you. My gift to you all is one less IE driver to compete with. :smiles:
Just as you think you've heard it all...SMH

IERide

Oh man Rick, and I was just getting to know you!
Let me know if you ever need a ride somewhere.. I'll probably be offline and you'll end up getting some smelly guy that doesn't speak English but hey, I offered.

RogerJS

Total BS from uber !! Don't let them off the hook !! I can apoeticate that you don't want to drive for them any longer , I wish I didn't have too !! But go after your money !!!
Stay on the forum as much as you can, I always enjoy reading your posts ..
Good luck with the surgery !!

hulksmash

I'd go to the greenlight in Chino to demand answers. That's such a BS move even for them. They didn't just deactivate you without explanation, (or a canned one) they refuse to acknowledge that you ever drove for them. I'll post on here the next time they come to SB.

Just Another Uber Drive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well that's adding insult to injury. Sorry to hear. So hate to hear that when someone's rating is way higher than mine.

Makes me wonder if you do get reinstated if it will be at the 25% rate and why this $hit got a happen to you ?
Lot of good that higher rating did me.

As I wrote about elsewhere here, when I re-uploaded my car inspection at the beginning of July Uber did try and change me to 25%. I don't think this erasure of my account was intentional or malicious or anything. I think Uber is just incompetent. The account issues were a constant problem for me. I don't know why I was the lucky recipient of what has to be a record number of account screw ups.

Just Another Uber Drive

Total BS from uber !! Don't let them off the hook !! I can apoeticate that you don't want to drive for them any longer , I wish I didn't have too !! But go after your money !!!
Stay on the forum as much as you can, I always enjoy reading your posts ..
Good luck with the surgery !!
Thanks. Surgery was completed when I wrote my original message. I was in and out in 6 hours with most of that being them simply monitoring me afterward. I'm doing pretty good. A lot better than I expected. They removed 7 screws from my leg and hip - including a loose screw which apparently was my main problem... so I literally had a screw loose. :smiles: A bit of swelling still but my range of motion is much, much better already just over 48 hours later. I'll be jogging in a month or two. I definitely will not require a cane any longer. Though I have to use crutches at the moment to minimize pressure on the leg. But that's just temporary.

tohunt4me

Lot of good that higher rating did me.

As I wrote about elsewhere here, when I re-uploaded my car inspection at the beginning of July Uber did try and change me to 25%. I don't think this erasure of my account was intentional or malicious or anything. I think Uber is just incompetent. The account issues were a constant problem for me. I don't know why I was the lucky recipient of what has to be a record number of account screw ups.
Uber is incompetent on SO many levels.

RogerJS

Thanks. Surgery was completed when I wrote my original message. I was in and out in 6 hours with most of that being them simply monitoring me afterward. I'm doing pretty good. A lot better than I expected. They removed 7 screws from my leg and hip - including a loose screw which apparently was my main problem... so I literally had a screw loose. :smiles: A bit of swelling still but my range of motion is much, much better already just over 48 hours later. I'll be jogging in a month or two. I definitely will not require a cane any longer. Though I have to use crutches at the moment to minimize pressure on the leg. But that's just temporary.
Great to hear your doing well !!

Just Another Uber Drive

Apparently I'm in their system somewhere still because I just got a text telling me my inspection document expires in five days. It expires in a year actually as they made me get reinspected earlier in the month.

I don't even have an account any longer and somehow they are still screwing it up. That's some high-level stupidity right there. And these guys are going to be in charge of self-driving cars?

I'm told we have local office hours tomorrow so I am going to go and see if I can at least get my money. I hold little hope of success but since they're going to be reasonably nearby I'll give it a shot. If I'm told again that I don't exist I'll spit on them and tell them they're not wet.

Just kidding about spitting. Way too hot out to waste water on them.

Update: "We can't fix that from here. You need to contact customer support through your app or through email."

Last edited:

Just Another Uber Drive

Ask em why all these Raiser LLC deposits showed up in your bamk account on a regular basis then?

And dont you have some manner of screenshot?
I have screen shots of every trip and every waybill. Every change in trip count, rated trips, and 5 star ratings. Every 5 star comment and every complaint. I have a set of three-ring binders containing a print-out from the portal of every trip.

My existence in the multiverse is no longer being disputed by Uber. They've confirmed I am an "active" driver. They also said I should get paid. I haven't been paid yet though and it's already Thursday evening. We'll see.

What they can't explain is why I can't log in in to the app or even access the portal. Everything in my account as far as sign-in credentials goes is accurate so I should not have any issues logging in. But I can't. And neither could they. So they said I needed to go through CSR via the app or email. Problem shifting.

So I'm at the mercy of people named Pujamaish and Zgjtrsfas who I believe use bablefish to translate a complex situation explained in English in to their language so they know which copy and paste response to send.

I may just start requesting various account changes to see if someone does something which toggles on whatever got toggled off.

Adieu

They messed with the WRONG fuber driver

Side note: kinda ironic w/ your username (sorry)
Speedy recovery! Maybe theyll sort it outby then

And if not pressure them that you might wanna sue about being ripped off while you are in hospital for whats essentially treatment for a disability

This is AMERICA, even cops and corps are terrified of screwing with the disabled

Just Another Uber Drive

They messed with the WRONG fuber driver

Side note: kinda ironic w/ your username (sorry)
Speedy recovery! Maybe theyll sort it outby then

And if not pressure them that you might wanna sue about being ripped off while you are in hospital for whats essentially treatment for a disability

This is AMERICA, even cops and corps are terrified of screwing with the disabled
Yeah, I kind of screwed up with my pick of user name. Very Uber-specific. Hehe.

I'm not disabled. I don't have a handicapped sticker or anything like that. I'm just at the end of a 6-year long rehabilitation period due to an injury.

I really don't think Uber is screwing with me intentionally. There would be no reason to dedicate this amount of time to screwing with me. This is a company which called me "null" for a year. I'm nobody to them. I think I'm just in a corrupted database or something along those lines.

Honestly the timing was pretty good as I wouldn't have driven this week anyway. But even if my account re-emerges from whatever level of Dante's Inferno it is trapped in, the following week it'll be something else.

When it comes to technology Uber is simply incompetent. I like everything about this job except for dealing with Uber's unrelenting and unmatched level of incompetence.

For a guy who left I sure am posting a lot.

Just Another Uber Drive

The new app update restored my account.

Reading some of the reviews for the previous version made me realize I'm not the only one who was banished to nowhere land around the same time.

Technology company. Phhhtttt!