• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

And So It Begins. But in a Different Language...Ahh, Destiny

SharedRideTruther

shared ride truther muscle squirrel.jpg
So, tonite in my short, surge chasing excursions, my 2nd group of middle aged concert partying pax share a story with me that was what I forecasted my 2nd nite driving for Uber, after being @@@@@ slapped with some ridiculously low fares for my time.

I had many pax tell me these last few weeks how happy they were to be driven by an English speaking driver, blah blah blah.

I saw my fares, "pre- surge-clue-bird-stage", and stated that unless Uber made rate changes, they would see those same drivers they now enjoy NOT seeing rolling into THIS platform, because in 3rd world countries, what Uber is paying drivers is actually a HUGE wage, almost regardless of expenses.

These pax roll into my car, and say wow!, you speak English, how cool!

Being the bashful kinda dude I am, I say "whachumean willis"?

They tell me their ride to the concert was done by an Uber driver who was foreign, and never spoke a word to them the whole ride after "hi, welcome (in very broken English)"

One of the dudes, who I think really thought he was Ron 'Tater Salad' White, said he kept teasing the driver, trying to get him to speak more.

He said the driver just kept giggling, and wouldn't (or couldn't) talk much English.

Where this driver was from, I know for a fact that a few dollars a day is normal income, and what these comical Uber fares pay out to us as American-born folks, seems almost HUGE, GARGANTUAN money to them.

Mark my words, the lack of English speaking Uber drivers will increase exponentially over the next few months and years, as the Low Fare Clue Bird flies over folks who get the Uber fare shot to the heart one too many times, and stop drinking the Uber cool-aid.

Cool pax. Good fare (strategically hunted down). Sad story.

Uber.

Get 'ya some.

Last edited:

TwoFiddyMile

View attachment 12928
So, tonite in my short, surge chasing excursions, my 2nd group of middle aged concert partying pax share a story with me that was what I forecasted my 2nd nite driving for Uber, after being @@@@@ slapped with some ridiculously low fares for my time.
I had many pax tell me these last few weeks how happy they were to be driven by an English speaking driver, blah blah blah.
I saw my fares, "pre- surge-clue-bird-stage", and stated that unless Uber made rate changes, they would see those same drivers they now enjoy NOT seeing rolling into THIS platform, because in 3rd world countries, what Uber is paying drivers is actually a HUGE wage, almost regardless of expenses.
These pax roll into my car, and say wow!, you speak English, how cool!
Being the bashful kinda dude I am, I say "whachumean willis"?
They tell me their ride to the concert was done by an Uber driver who was foreign, and never spoke a word to them the whole ride after "hi, welcome (in very broken English)"
One of the dudes, who I think really thought he was Ron 'Tater Salad' White, said he kept teasing the driver, trying to get him to speak more.
He said the driver just kept giggling, and wouldn't (or couldn't) talk much English.
Where this driver was from, I know for a fact that a few dollars a day is normal income, and what these comical Uber fares pay out to us as American-born folks, seems almost HUGE, GARGANTUAN money to them.
Mark my words, the lack of English speaking Uber drivers will increase exponentially over the next few months and years, as the Low Fare Clue Bird flies over folks who get the Uber fare shot to the heart one too many times, and stop drinking the Uber cool-aid.
Cool pax. Good fare (strategically hunted down). Sad story.
Uber.
Get 'ya some.
Good to see someone here in Charlotte not drinking the coolaide.