And goodbye driving for lyft

5070bolo

Can we make an extra stop at an Atm so I can buy some Cocaine? ....... Had a few of those...

Uberdancer

Maybe, just maybe they will 'split the trip' for the PDB count. I rarely do this extra trip request. But yes, everyone from TV clowns to parking and traffic maids are after us for easy money.
Yeah ... And they should call it the "double play" with an increase by .5 ... Three, "triple play" with an increase of .75 ...

Neoboi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking the same thing , at least this way it's organized and promoted longer rides .

Neoboi wbats terrible about this feature ?
The stopping and waiting is too much of a headache in SF. Never a place to stop safely.

Beur

Boy that Lyft Driver a council is having a great effect in making things better for drivers.

manuella

The stopping and waiting is too much of a headache in SF. Never a place to stop safely.
What do you mean ?! Tell them you can't stop or park lol I won't act all holy cause I did a couple of dirty uturns on market tonight.

After you have been in an accident, got a moving violation ticket and done paperwork a bad rating doesn't mean much

Neoboi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im no angel when it comes to my driving style either, but the headache of stopping somewhere and being a sitting duck for a meter maid in their riding lawn mower for some dinkus of a pax to run in and buy some overpriced free range smoothie or their Molly supply for the weekend, not so much.

NASCAR1991

This aint goona go well. I am not stopping by their stupid starbuckses and waiting even a second. Best ill do...if i ever do this waiting thing.....ill go make circles around the block untill they ready. But probably not even that

Jennyma

Will there be an extra fee attached? I already stop for people alot. 7 eleven, pick up to-go stuff, etc. Just doesn't seem like a big deal. I do hate going through the drive thru for people. They offer to buy me stuff but I don't want it, would like a tip but the patron is usually stoned and forgets it.

NASCAR1991

Will there be an extra fee attached? I already stop for people alot. 7 eleven, pick up to-go stuff, etc. Just doesn't seem like a big deal. I do hate going through the drive thru for people. They offer to buy me stuff but I don't want it, would like a tip but the patron is usually stoned and forgets it.
You living a dream..wake up.

Yes it will cost more for pax...some fee be added.
For you...its be same formula distance and time. So extra 5 cents a minute or what ever it is now a days for each minute

Euius

The simple response to this is "No"

They ask "Why?"

You respond "The fares are not high enough."

Otherwise people are going to do 20 minutes of shopping at Wholefoods while we're parked illegally.

NASCAR1991

The simple response to this is "No"

They ask "Why?"

You respond "The fares are not high enough."

Otherwise people are going to do 20 minutes of shopping at Wholefoods while we're parked illegally.
Now we really doing it like taxis.
So what to do now with long trips....since cancel option is gone after starting

Euius

Now we really doing it like taxis.
So what to do now with long trips....since cancel option is gone after starting
Simple. End trip. If Uber wants to charge them, that's on them. I've flat out told support in the past I don't do long trips, and I'll tell them again.

If you bother to remember, use the option to zero the fare. If you don't, don't worry about it.

NASCAR1991

Simple. End trip. If Uber wants to charge them, that's on them. I've flat out told support in the past I don't do long trips, and I'll tell them again.

If you bother to remember, use the option to zero the fare. If you don't, don't worry about it.
Yeah it doesn't let you end anymore...untill you drive 100 yards. Then it lets them rate you and complain. Uber is notorious for long trips...eventually those complains will catch up to you.
There needs to be a new solution now

Euius

Yeah it doesn't let you end anymore...untill you drive 100 yards. Then it lets them rate you and complain. Uber is notorious for long trips...eventually those complains will catch up to you.
There needs to be a new solution now
...so I drive 100 yards.

If those complaints "catch me", then that's what happens. I do Uber for a profit, and long trips are unprofitable. If Uber tries to force unprofitable behavior on me, I stop doing Uber.

If, after being deactivated, I feel especially ornery I'll provide written testimony to the CPUC about my concern that Uber forces drivers to drive long distances unsafely. Since I drive almost exclusively at night, it's always a valid reason.

NASCAR1991

...so I drive 100 yards.

If those complaints "catch me", then that's what it happens. I do Uber for a profit, and long trips are unprofitable. If Uber tries to force unprofitable behavior on me, I stop doing Uber.

If, after being deactivated, I feel especially ornery I'll provide written testimony to the CPUC about my concern that Uber forces drivers to drive long distances unsafely. Since I drive almost exclusively at night, it's always a valid reason.
Its looks like.comming down to.....be honest and tell pax in a short summary of why you cant go and let them cancel. And re assure them that cancellation be credited back.
Hopefully most be reasonable about it. But of course there be a few mcgavins out there