Inshur

And Flock follow the Shepherd!

Lookingaround

Taxify App is filled up - Lots of Drivers Online!

Do these driver not realise that, that Taxify will just lower fares and Move money out of British Companies lie Addison Lee, Parker Cars, Keen Group, Carrot Cars, and all the local companies?

Instead of Joining Taxify, Everybody should boycott them as it will lead the Goliath that is Uber to wipe them out by using tactics such as lowering fares.

I know you drivers are desperate for the £5 job, but i still want my cash/account jobs from the office. 12 Offices that I know have closed down and they were owned by People living in the U.K, paying uk Tax.

Nish

You have got to wonder, what the UK has come too, when you see people looking forward to working for another app company that will be paying them, not much more than the minimum wage.

And when Love Island gets more applicants than STEM university applicants, a very sad state of affairs- everyone after a quick buck, rather than preparing to grind out for a worthwhile qualification- be it it in trade or an academic/professional.

taxiapplover

Do these driver not realise that, that Taxify will just lower fares and Move money out of British Companies lie Addison Lee, Parker Cars, Keen Group, Carrot Cars, and all the local companies?

I have no syamphty for those above greedy, racist cocknies cowboys cab offices whose have been exploiting PH drivers for centuries. Karma is there for them.

D1991

It's good I hope they come and ruin the market completely it's better when I use a cab I can pay peanuts

freddie cab

I have no syamphty for those above greedy, racist cocknies cowboys cab offices whose have been exploiting PH drivers for centuries. Karma is there for them.

I think your find these racist cocknies cowboy cab offices were more safer for the public, and the driver got a better rate of pay, without working all the hours under sun.

Rojinas

It's all TFL fault. Keep giving licence to App companies not is from UK and keep also keep on giving licence to more and more drivers.

UberLuxbod

Think about it like this.

Politicians have allowed a huge increase in PH drivers in London.

Targeting those that are easily convinced, such as those that are less educated and less able to see when they are being exploited.

That would be immigrants, wether that be from the EU or the rest of the world.

As often immigrant workers consider what they are earning in relation to the value of that money back home.

There will always be immigrants that decide to stay in their adopted Country.

But many go back home.

And these need to replaced. Hence why many rich Business people like the EU, easy access to immigrant workers.

You can't exploit those that realise they are being exploited.

It's all TFL fault. Keep giving licence to App companies not is from UK and keep also keep on giving licence to more and more drivers.

They didn't give them a licence.

Taxify bought an Licenced Operator.

taxiapplover

I think your find these racist cocknies cowboy cab offices were more safer for the public, and the driver got a better rate of pay, without working all the hours under sun.

Not really...Look at the fixed prices of these Racists Ex Council Estates Cocknies Cowboys Cab offices. They are still charging bloody fiva for locals on Monday mornings with rude controllers, strict 12 hours shifts, £300 plus deposits to start and shitty XDA.

Most of their customers are like them too, olds, disables, pubbies whoes dont want to pay more than £5. Can't stand with them mate. Can't tolerate their open favourism and racism towards "OTHERS" Drivers.

Uber and Taxify are breath of a fresh air in London despite their rates and other issues, they are still 1 million times better than big fat bellies pubbies, ex council states, racist cocknies cowboys Cab offices whoes always have a sign hanging outside DRIVERS WANTED.....GOOD RATES TO PAY.....LOL

freddie cab

Not really...Look at the fixed prices of these Racists Ex Council Estates Cocknies Cowboys Cab offices. They are still charging bloody fiva for locals on Monday mornings with rude controllers, strict 12 hours shifts, £300 plus deposits to start and shitty XDA.

Most of their customers are like them too, olds, disables, pubbies whoes dont want to pay more than £5. Can't stand with them mate. Can't tolerate their open favourism and racism towards "OTHERS" Drivers.

Uber and Taxify are breath of a fresh air in London despite their rates and other issues, they are still 1 million times better than big fat bellies pubbies, ex council states, racist cocknies cowboys Cab offices whoes always have a sign hanging outside DRIVERS WANTED.....GOOD RATES TO PAY.....LOL

They can probably do 5-6 locals an hour for 5-6 quid a time. Without sitting in any traffic.
Plus there a lot safer, which is paramount.
I love the racism stereotyping.

Hogster

I worked for these PH offices since 1982, now if they were all cockney racists can why would they have given thousands of jobs to the newer PH drivers from so many different countries?

At the last one where I worked for 9 years all the drivers seemed to get on together and do the job without whinging about the cab firm owners being racist...
Decent PH firms are probably still out there, it's just a problem finding decent PH drivers these days

One day soon you too will get old and maybe disabled and need a driver to get you down to the doctors or the hospital or maybe even the pub?
Wonder if anyone would want to drive someone like you?

Yeah most of us disliked boots full of shipping from supermarkets but the vast majority of the elderly and disabled passengers were a far better class of person, and were appreciative of a decent PH drivers help.
For a couple of really disabled shoppers the drivers would accompany them round the store too to help them, and were remunerated for their time

It's called being a decent human being

Oh I also know a lot of Yellow Badge drivers at the local station who always took a very old couple (in their 90's) home for free from their daily lunch down the pub.

Oh but Freddie, Uber hours are so flexible....

Just a shame full timers have to do circa 80 of those flexible hours each week

Bob1512

Well said hogster 100% right, I have worked for local cab office for 12 years and at least you get paid a decent rate.
I also come and go as I please uber drivers are all sheep.

taxiapplover

Decent PH firms are probably still out there, it's just a problem finding decent PH drivers these days

Give me a name of one, yes one decent minicab office anywhere in London who would pay me by time and distance, pay me on time for all account jobs, wouldn't eat my deposit of XDA etc etc...list is very very long....

you didn't get my point of last post. My point was that minicab offices have failed to bring new young Londoners as a customers. Uber has new class of customers which is young. I never meant to mock the elderly or disable people. I can only apologise if you thought that way.

Hogster

Give me a name of one, yes one decent minicab office anywhere in London who would pay me by time and distance, pay me on time for all account jobs, wouldn't eat my deposit of XDA etc etc...list is very very long....

you didn't get my point of last post. My point was that minicab offices have failed to bring new young Londoners as a customers. Uber has new class of customers which is young. I never meant to mock the elderly or disable people. I can only apologise if you thought that way.
I worked for a 100% cash company on outskirts of London which only paid on distance for local work or for postcodes (any London work) and areas (for journeys of 8 miles or over outside of our local area)

Basically we didn't worry about time as there wasn't too much traffic apart from usual rush hours near schools or if we went on the main routes into Town then the fares were £10 to £15 dearer than Uber and this would more than take care of the time factor!

If you had an early morning or a weekend run into Town with little traffic then you would have been on a winner.

Fully agree with you that Uber are attracting the younger pax from the Uni's and the nightclubs etc but that was on the cards 3 years before Uber had a big presence in Outer London.
There were a couple of other firms with smartphone apps (not as sophisticated as Uber's app though) and the kids from the local Uni and Colleges loved it.
Most of all they loved a Tenner of their fare into Town though, they don't give a F about what the driver gets at the end of the day.

PH was already on a downward spiral since mid 2000's because of the newer PH firms (or newer breed of owners buying out PH firms) especially in areas like parts of East London & North London who were cutting each other's throats to offer cheap fares to all the airports and Railway Terminals etc.

The old "Cockney Racist cab firm owners" used to meet up and discuss possible fare rises (not fare reductions) each year. They made money from increased circuit fees but the drivers Monet also increased whenever mileage rates went up.

Shame so many of you have missed out on the good times but there is no fight in you guys.
15 years ago it was £8 minimum minicab fare in West End and at least a Tenner late evening with far less traffic than you've got now.
The only ones making it now apart from BC is the rip off Pedicab drivers

I know not what I do

Taxify App is filled up - Lots of Drivers Online!

Instead of Joining Taxify, Everybody should boycott them as it will lead the Goliath that is Uber to wipe them out by using tactics such as lowering fares.

I know you drivers are desperate for the £5 job, but i still want my cash/account jobs from the office. 12 Offices that I know have closed down and they were owned by People living in the U.K, paying uk Tax.
More like people living in the uk but claiming tax credits. Why would anyone work for cash at some dump local office. Oh yeah for benefits.

real taxi bod

Jeez mate you've got real problems!!