• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

And boom goes the dynamite

sidewazzz

430 am I'm on the road to one of my spots. I'm expecting it to be slow but I also expecting to catch a big ride this early in the morning. There I am waiting and waiting and waiting watching these other drivers burnin fuel trying to catch a ping. It's now 540 and still nothing. I take a look at the partner app to see where my opponents are and notice 1) a couple @@@@s are parked one block from my location 2) there is a large area of uncovered territory. It's as if no one is looking at positions of other drivers or they think piling on top of each other is good. Anyways I head off to the new spot (2 miles away)... when I get there it's surging good 4.2, this is the spot I can feel it! I know it's going to happen. So much so I don't even turn off the truck........... about 3 mins in BOOM, FISH ON!!!!!!!! It's a 7 min drive according to Google but I can make it 5. I take a look at the rider info and notice its a 5.0 surge, my eyes light up I start thinking is it the one am I going to LAX on a 5.0 or is it just to the next city... oh well even at a 5.0 it makes this trip a great payout. I'm almost half way there.... and then it happens... I get that notice. That dreadful cancel notification and I pull over to the side of the road as if I just dropped the winning touchdown pass for the superbowl.... the surge begins to fall like a tree in the woods. Before you know it the map turns orange, yellow and then ping.... I officially lost the big one.

Hope you enjoyed. UBER ON

turbovator

430 am I'm on the road to one of my spots. I'm expecting it to be slow but I also expecting to catch a big ride this early in the morning. There I am waiting and waiting and waiting watching these other drivers burnin fuel trying to catch a ping. It's now 540 and still nothing. I take a look at the partner app to see where my opponents are and notice 1) a couple @@@@s are parked one block from my location 2) there is a large area of uncovered territory. It's as if no one is looking at positions of other drivers or they think piling on top of each other is good. Anyways I head off to the new spot (2 miles away)... when I get there it's surging good 4.2, this is the spot I can feel it! I know it's going to happen. So much so I don't even turn off the truck........... about 3 mins in BOOM, FISH ON!!!!!!!! It's a 7 min drive according to Google but I can make it 5. I take a look at the rider info and notice its a 5.0 surge, my eyes light up I start thinking is it the one am I going to LAX on a 5.0 or is it just to the next city... oh well even at a 5.0 it makes this trip a great payout. I'm almost half way there.... and then it happens... I get that notice. That dreadful cancel notification and I pull over to the side of the road as if I just dropped the winning touchdown pass for the superbowl.... the surge begins to fall like a tree in the woods. Before you know it the map turns orange, yellow and then ping.... I officially lost the big one.

Still chasing the surges? Looks like the FISHERMAN took the bait instead of the FISH!

Disgusted Driver

I feel you and it's the hope for the big one that keeps a lot of people driving. Good story and may you get a 3X surge ride to San Diego!

CommanderXL

Sounds just like my early morning!