An sharp increase in the number of "leave order at door" requests

Nats121

Due to the shitty pay rates and lack of tips, many drivers are refusing to deliver orders to doors if it means parking hassles, time-consuming long walks thru apartment complexes, multiple flights of stairs, etc.

I believe that most of these requests are a scheme by customers to get drivers to bring the food to the door.

Rickos69

I can see it happening in some large multi level house, but how F%^&$*G long does it take to buzz someone in to an apt building from a studio or a one bedroom apt?
Every F%^&$*G day this happens!!!

UberKitsa123

I get worried when I get these requests because I feel its a customer trying to get free food by claiming you didn't deliver it to them, they never got it because I didn't hand it to them. Ironacally I got a "1st warning, not completing deliveries" notification the day after one of these requests.

BjRhodes

It's not too big of a deal where I live. Police around here know that usually when someone parks and leaves their hazard lights on, then the person isn't gonna be more than five or so minutes. Especially if you use commercial loading zones to park.

Thing is, this is why a lot of restaurants have some kind of car-topper for their drivers to use - it's a flag for cops and meter maids that says, "Please don't ticket me, I'm just the delivery guy!" I really wish Uber would give us that only do the delivery service something to like this so law enforcement knows we're just doing our jobs and we'll be on our way in just a few minutes.

Soldiering

I do uber eats with U\L here in Phoenix. I would say 85% of my deliveries say deliver to door. When someone is out front waiting even better. I just wish more of them would tip.

NYUber123

It's not too big of a deal where I live. Police around here know that usually when someone parks and leaves their hazard lights on, then the person isn't gonna be more than five or so minutes. Especially if you use commercial loading zones to park.

Thing is, this is why a lot of restaurants have some kind of car-topper for their drivers to use - it's a flag for cops and meter maids that says, "Please don't ticket me, I'm just the delivery guy!" I really wish Uber would give us that only do the delivery service something to like this so law enforcement knows we're just doing our jobs and we'll be on our way in just a few minutes.
Ha. Here in NYC, hazard lights mean "ticket me please".

OneRideOneVomit

I can see it happening in some large multi level house, but how F%^&$*G long does it take to buzz someone in to an apt building from a studio or a one bedroom apt?
I have a lady I deliver to twice a week. It's always the exact same order from popeyes. It takes her anywhere from 4-7 minutes to get to the door and she just says on my way every 10 seconds while you wait. She has MS and always says thanks for waiting. I put a good tip in the app for you. When the tip comes in 80 minutes later it's always $1. On Christmas eve she gave me $3... But waiting there for her every time is annoying.

Rickos69

I have a lady I deliver to twice a week. It's always the exact same order from popeyes. It takes her anywhere from 4-7 minutes to get to the door and she just says on my way every 10 seconds while you wait. She has MS and always says thanks for waiting. I put a good tip in the app for you. When the tip comes in 80 minutes later it's always $1. On Christmas eve she gave me $3... But waiting there for her every time is annoying.
That is an exception, and I feel for her. I am talking theoretically able bodied aholes.

DiceyDan

I've been taking pictures of the food left by the door, bc that is just asking for problems. Speaking of problems, the deliveries the last couple of months have been terrible. 9-12 mi deliveries and construction in areas that cause 1-3 more miles and no notes left by customers. Lights off on designated house, one-way streets with no parking, special requests of nonsense all for 3-5 bucks no tips.

dlearl476

There is one apt complex in my area that every deliver is "Wait in Car" or "Call when you arrive and meet me at the NE corner of building C." I suspect the complex prohibits giving out the key code like my HOA in Las Vegas did.

I love it, not only are people prompt, but it's a pricey building and the customers almost always tip well.

Typically all my "Leave at Door," "Text me, don't ring doorbell" requests are about sleeping babies. I don't worry about scams. The GPS knows I was there.

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

Typically all my "Leave at Door," "Text me, don't ring doorbell" requests are about sleeping babies. I don't worry about scams. The GPS knows I was there.
Good luck explaining that to Uber. They’ll take whatever you made on that delivery. GPS be damned. This has happened to me twice.

First time was a hotel , where I went all the way to the room and handed it to the customer. They called the restaurant and said they hadn’t received it. Even though I explained this to Uber, they didn’t care and took the $9 I made on that delivery away. Probably the most I had ever made on one delivery at that point.

The other one was at a house. I could not see the house number anywhere, so I asked one of the two people who was there if they were the customers name. He corrected me on the pronunciation and took the food. However, it was not the correct house or customer. He was at the house next to him. Uber took my money, customer dinged me for not delivering.