• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Amber Cab!

Lawlet91

That’s nice, here thanks to the cut the company takes they set up agreements with almost every company imaginable and some drivers (like me) capitalize on it and a daily account take is $150 on a bad day. Much more impressive when your company isn’t pushing it

kcdrvr15

It gets better. I get a ping to a local welfare hotel...lots of them here in the West End.
Lady asks "do you charge me to turn around?"
I say yes, meter starts when everyone gets in.
Pulls her baby out of the cab says "turn the cab around on your dime, I ain't rich..."
Now I'm laughing and swearing to my empty cab as I do a three point turn.
But wait, there's more!
After she berates me for MY attitude, she says (100 meters before the highway exit) "let me off here. I only got $7.50".
I.told her "I can't let a baby off on the highway, pay me the $7.50 and I'll get you up to the burger king parking lot".
Now it's $8.50. I don't care, I'm a parent. I'm not dumping a baby off on the highway.
Now she calls me a *** and a ************ and a few more endearing terms for "going so slow you made the meter go up".
I pointed out the dashcam as she threatened to turn me in. "We are both held accountable for our language, young lady. Smile, you are on video..."
I had to ask her 3 times for the money. I got $7.
Oorah.
I would have just smiled and drove away, not a word. I've also blocked phone numbers from riders that have been a pain, so not to get them again. In my quick response msg, I send em a note saying I'm unavailable, and to call dispatch and give em one of the local cab companies phone number :wink: Let them have the problem riders.