1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Amazon may acquire Lyft

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Nov 5, 2018.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-could-acquire-lyft-expert-2018-11
    [​IMG]
    The author and Facebook product manager Parth Detroja has made a bold prediction: In the next 18 months, he says, Amazon will buy Lyft, the ride-hailing company that is reportedly planning to go public next year. In the view of Detroja, who coauthored a book on key business strategies in tech, "Swipe to Unlock," a better move for Lyft's business would be an acquisition by Amazon.

The deal would benefit both companies by solving their key pain points, Detroja says: Amazon's signature subscriber offering of two-day shipping is costly and difficult to execute, and Lyft has yet to make significant progress entering international markets.

If Amazon acquired Lyft, the company could use drivers' trunks to make deliveries when they aren't picking up riders. In turn, Lyft could compete on a global stage against Uber by tapping into Amazon's rapidly growing international Prime-subscriber base.

With a Lyft acquisition by Amazon, Detroja suggests, the shopping giant could offer Prime subscribers discounted rides — which could open new markets for the ride-share company overnight. In turn, Lyft could acquire new drivers by offering better pay than its biggest rival, Uber, by using the empty space in drivers' trunks to courier Amazon packages to Prime subscribers.

Amazon has already looked into acquiring a driver base that would corner last-mile food delivery, Detroja points out. In September, The Telegraph reported that Amazon engaged in early-stage acquisition talks with the European courier service Deliveroo twice in recent months.

Additionally, with a Lyft acquisition, Amazon would acquire yet another interesting asset, Detroja notes: Lyft's self-driving technology, which highlights an area that Amazon has expressed growing interest in over the past year.

2. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

Really interesting.

Thanks for posting, BT.

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. Better than DiDi

Mr. Sensitive and Danny3xd like this.
  4. ColdFusion

ColdFusion

Amazon does a Trillion dollars annual
    Jeff Bezos can buy whatever he wants
    including England

5. Crazy speculation.

But if.....

Lyft/Amazon could cripple Didi AND Uber simultaneously. With delivery subsidizing driver operations, they can keep prices low indefinitely as the other two struggle. They could overtake Mexico and Brazil completely in just a few years, and crush it in the USA and the UK.

Danny3xd likes this.
  6. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

I'd really like if they would tie it to parcel delivery. Great break from passengers. Crazy speculation as well but like doing both in equal measure.

Some times you feel like a nut. Sometimes you like it when the backseat is empty....

Mista T likes this.
  7. Soros did that once.

He Threw it back !

( Black Wednesday)

America had a " B" bond rating under Obama.

Ditch Central Banking.

Free Will

Central Bankers can cast the entire Country into 3rd world status.

Over Night.

Attached Files:

8. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Back in the day we combined packages with passengers. The package would never yell and say "deliver me first!".
    Dispatch would tho.

New2This, Mista T and tohunt4me like this.
  9. When i see Globalists Racing around America
    Hurriedly buying New Politicians

I KNOW Trump is accomplishing what i wanted to see.

The people may just have 1 Long Shot Left in Them.

Meanwhile corporations buy up all they can on the internet
    To OWN AND CONTROL it
    Like the Evening " News" product.

10. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Speculation that Amazon may purchase in the future will artificially create higher prices when the IPO commences.

11. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Lets play Monopoly!

UBERPROcolorado likes this.
  12. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

I think Lyft should buy Amazon but that will require some heavy lifting.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  13. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    I tried DoorDash out, and I think it absolutely sucks making deliveries! Jeff Bezos, can get rid of the Chinese copycat mofo though!

14. mbd

mbd

Sounds good but Bezos is very discreet, so prediction by this person will not come true.

15. kdyrpr

kdyrpr

They have it….called Amazon Flex. It's in the Hartford area now. Look it up.

Danny3xd likes this.
  16. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Corporate raiding at its best! We will be delivering groceries for Whole Foods.

MoreTips and Danny3xd like this.
  17. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

I mean at lyft fare level and with the turn on/off at will. Or am I wrong and you don't have to sign up for blocks, Kdyrpr?

18. kdyrpr

kdyrpr

Yeah, you'll have to dedicate usually at least 3 hours. You will be required to deliver the packages within that time. The hub is in Bristol. Right now unless volume is high (dictates pay) the average gross pay is $54 for the 3hrs. I'm signed up but haven't tried it yet.

19. Jeeves likes this.
  20. Jeeves

Jeeves

Driving:
    UberX
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon bought Lyft.

What surprises me is that Amazon has a market cap of $800B and a year 2017 profit of $3B. In 2017 Amazon reported $30B cash. They bought Whole Foods for $13B, but borrowed the money. Is $30B enough to buy Lyft? It doesn’t matter, money exists in the future.