Amazon is reducing TIP expectation

tofu97

the pay range of PrimeNow offers in my area has changed from $37-67 to $37-51. The expected tip drops by $16. That's a pretty sharp drop. WTF?

UberPasco

People are out of work and the novelty/gratitude has worn off. Happens after every surge of new users. Also the upper end is always dynamic to your area based on the (# of stops) x (Top 25% tip rate for the time/service/area).
Last week had $36-$163 for 9 stops, or expected $14 tip per stop. I got $97 ($6.75 tps)

rideshareMN

same thing here...starting yesterday a 2-hour WF gig went from $30-$60 to $30-$44...not sure why they are doing that

Legalizeit0

I still think Amazon flex is the best of all the gig work. Of course, I only do Whole Foods. I’ve read some nightmare stories about warehouse deliveries. I think the Roadie app offers some cool possibilities as well, if you’re already heading that way.
Post automatically merged:

My best 2-hour block so far!

97AC3060-5D74-4734-BA06-AC83169B5236.jpeg

kdyrpr

Well, this may be the end of the goose that laid the golden egg. I had a two hour block yesterday. 5 deliveries. Two of the deliveries were in depressed neighborhoods (first time I've ever delivered in such). Third was in a rural area (15 miles away) that looked like I might discover a moonshine operation. I didn't even find a front door. None of the buildings looked habitable. The pin showed me smack dab where I was supposed to be. I dropped everything on a table, took a photo and hightailed it out of there.

The fact that they can't tip even if they wanted to really sucks. This may be the end. Whole foods is the only nearly guarantee $25-30 hr gig job (and pretty easy on top of that). What a shame!
Post automatically merged:

IIRC SNAP recipients can't tip, and Amazon is now offering them deals on prime membership.
There is no deal. They don't have to be Prime members at all.

Legalizeit0

I don’t think you should get too worked up about that, Whole Foods is still twice as expensive as Walmart. I can’t imagine people that can’t afford to tip, buying overpriced groceries.

kdyrpr

I don’t think you should get too worked up about that, Whole Foods is still twice as expensive as Walmart. I can’t imagine people that can’t afford to tip, buying overpriced groceries.
Upshot to my post. My concerns were not born out. I received the average tip amount that I normally get. 80% of all my deliveries have averaged over $30 hour. Even if tip remained the same, I would still be concerned with delivering in bad areas.